Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (1) For what it's worth I believe that the average age of an appointee is twenty-seven years (per the book To Be A Secret Service Agent by Henry Holden). Don't know how official that figure is but it is a good reference point.
    (2) I know that my background had several different investigators from all of the places I had lived. Moreover, none of them knew how the others were progressing. Also, like mbeck999 I had a "must complete" date of middle of October. However, I am thinking that date must be flexible because mine is going to be done this week (fingers crossed).

Just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldda View Post
      (1) For what it's worth I believe that the average age of an appointee is twenty-seven years (per the book To Be A Secret Service Agent by Henry Holden). Don't know how official that figure is but it is a good reference point.
      (2) I know that my background had several different investigators from all of the places I had lived. Moreover, none of them knew how the others were progressing. Also, like mbeck999 I had a "must complete" date of middle of October. However, I am thinking that date must be flexible because mine is going to be done this week (fingers crossed).

Just my two cents.
      Yeah I hope it's flexible since it was supposed to be complete in Oct. My SI who is conducting the background for my military records told me that Camp Pendleton falls in his district. I've live other places so those SIs(Special Investigators) who live in the geographical district such as Houston, Orange County, ect will have to conduct those investigations. It seems that after my panel interview everything really started speeding up. I hope it continues.
      04/07-Turned in Application
      06/07-Initial Interview
      08/07-TEA Exam
      10/07-Panel Interview
      11/07-Medical Exam
      01/08-Polygraph
      01/08-Start BI

Comment

• Up on base I have to agree with you on the age topic. I have finished the process, but have been told the entire way through that i'm a little young to be hired as a SA. I have a Bachelors and 6 yrs in the military, but they don't seem to care. All they keep saying is 27 is to young!! I'm hoping the age thing won't hold me up any longer. Good luck to all this month!

Comment

• Originally posted by 324MPCO View Post
          Up on base I have to agree with you on the age topic. I have finished the process, but have been told the entire way through that i'm a little young to be hired as a SA. I have a Bachelors and 6 yrs in the military, but they don't seem to care. All they keep saying is 27 is to young!! I'm hoping the age thing won't hold me up any longer. Good luck to all this month!

I have never heard of this. I could see 22 or 23 but 27? I've gone through the process with the DEA, USSS, ICE, OSI and never heard anything like that (I'm 26). I wonder why your recruiter would say that? Don't sweat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by enorthkc View Post
            There seem to be a lot of UD candidates/officers on this board. I am in the process of (hopefully) becoming a special agent with USSS. If anyone's in that camp, I'd like some feedback on my timeline.

Oct. 1, 2006: Application submitted
            Oct. 5, 2006: Invited to take TEA exam
            Oct. 17, 2006: TEA exam
            Oct. 23, 2006: Notified of passing score on TEA exam, panel interview scheduled
            Nov. 8, 2006: Panel Interview

And now it's Jan. 28, and I have not heard about the status of my panel interview. Things seemed to be moving on the fast track, and I was even told at the panel interview that I would hear the results within one to two weeks. I've heard nothing. Is this normal?
            Call the FO or even D.C. The DC should know because after the panel, the interviewing agents write a report and send it to D.C. with their recommendations. D.C. could just be sitting on it.
            06/07-Initial Interview
            08/07-TEA Exam
            10/07-Panel Interview
            11/07-Medical Exam
            01/08-Polygraph
            01/08-Start BI

Comment

• SA Timeline

Originally Posted by 324MPCO
              Up on base I have to agree with you on the age topic. I have finished the process, but have been told the entire way through that i'm a little young to be hired as a SA. I have a Bachelors and 6 yrs in the military, but they don't seem to care. All they keep saying is 27 is to young!! I'm hoping the age thing won't hold me up any longer. Good luck to all this month!

I am only 24, and I have no prior LE experience. What I do have is an undergraduate degree in History, and an MBA (Masters Business Administration).

I had been moving through the application process exceptionally quickly, with my timeline looking something like this:

July 07 - Original application
              July 07 - initial interview
              Aug 07 - TEA Exam
              Aug 07 - Panel Interview
              Sept 07 - Physical

In september I got a call from my field office SAC telling me my application was being "shelved" until Jan 2008 because they wanted me to be closer to graduation before moving me any further through the process. I received a call last week from my field office saying they had been emailing DC in an attempt to get my file reactivated, and would let me know as soon as they had succeeded in doing so. My next step would be the poly.

I remain optimistic about my chances to succeed in getting hired. Becoming an SA with the USSS would truly be a dream come true. I encourage all those interested to stick with it, and wish all persons here the best of luck.

Comment

• Sorry.. I meant to "quote" 324MPCO in my last post. I am still figuring this thing out.

Comment

• Best of luck Spyshu70. Good luck with the polygraph....it was brutal.
                  06/07-Initial Interview
                  08/07-TEA Exam
                  10/07-Panel Interview
                  11/07-Medical Exam
                  01/08-Polygraph
                  01/08-Start BI

Comment

• I've got a question if anyone can help. I took my poly on Jan 2 and not even a week later a SI investigator telling me he got a tasking to conduct the military portion of my BI since it fell in his district. According to him, this is one of the first portions of the BI to get started and completed. He said I should get a call in a couple weeks telling me that my BI has officially started. It came so quick after the poly that I'm nervous that maybe it was a mistake.
                    06/07-Initial Interview
                    08/07-TEA Exam
                    10/07-Panel Interview
                    11/07-Medical Exam
                    01/08-Polygraph
                    01/08-Start BI

Comment

• Jasona, I've been wondering what is going on myself. I took my polygraph during the last week of November, and was told I would hear something in four to six weeks. This past Wednesday was six weeks and I have not heard anything. I've been told no news is good news, and "they" usually cut those who are not moving forward in seven to fourteen days after the polygraph. I've been doing a lot of worrying myself. Just thought I would let you know you are not alone in the worrying game.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhioDet. View Post
                        Jasona, I've been wondering what is going on myself. I took my polygraph during the last week of November, and was told I would hear something in four to six weeks. This past Wednesday was six weeks and I have not heard anything. I've been told no news is good news, and "they" usually cut those who are not moving forward in seven to fourteen days after the polygraph. I've been doing a lot of worrying myself. Just thought I would let you know you are not alone in the worrying game.
                        I'm not in your boat yet though. It has not even been 2 weeks since my poly but the fact that a BI investigator called I don't want to get my hopes up.
                        06/07-Initial Interview
                        08/07-TEA Exam
                        10/07-Panel Interview
                        11/07-Medical Exam
                        01/08-Polygraph
                        01/08-Start BI

Comment

• whats the initial interview and panel interview like?

one person told me to be up to date on all world events. any recommendations?

Comment

• No one asked me about world event during my panel or initial interview. The panel interview was mostly situational questions.
                            06/07-Initial Interview
                            08/07-TEA Exam
                            10/07-Panel Interview
                            11/07-Medical Exam
                            01/08-Polygraph
                            01/08-Start BI

Comment

• Was it similar to the question on the TEA Exam like that you're on an arrest with your partner, the suspect is resistive, throws things at you, your partner becomes excessively violent with the suspect, punching and kicking them... what do you do?

Comment

• Hey everyone:

I applied for the SS UD Program about two months ago and I have my interview tomorrow morning. I'm not too nervous! I'm a senior in college (21) and I was a finalist for the Defense Intelligence Agency program, so I sort of know the drill. However, I was wondering last night if the SS would use my SF-86 from the DIA and if they did, would that speed up the process?

An agent called me today and asked for me to re-do some portions from the SF-86, so I assumed the already had it. Does anyone know if that will help me along the way or if that means I have good chance of being selected?

Thanks,

JM

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7627 users online. 386 members and 7241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X