300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disqualified from DC Police for Psyc reasons

Six months ago I applied to the DC police and received a letter saying I was unqaulified for psych reasons. I really wanted to work in the dept. Can I contest that or am I just out of luck for good with that Dept?

You should be able to file an appeal, but it's not a matter of simply saying, "I'm a good guy and I don't think I should have been disqualified." Appealing a psych can be complicated and will require the expertise of others. You will first need to find an attorney who is familiar with civil service law. In turn, he will send you to a different shrink who will give a second opinion. If the second opinion says you are OK, then the attorney will request an administrative hearing and try to convince the hearing officer that the city improperly disqualified you.

Be prepared to spend a couple thousand dollars and wait about six months for an outcome.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

What L-1 stated.

It's very difficult to appeal a Pysch. Go apply elsewhere and hopefully you won't run into the same problem, but be prepared to talk this situation over if you make it to a BI.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
        What L-1 stated.

It's very difficult to appeal a Pysch. Go apply elsewhere and hopefully you won't run into the same problem, but be prepared to talk this situation over if you make it to a BI.
        I was DQ'd myself. It is difficult and time consuming..but as I understand it, the rate of success is also very high.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4520 users online. 242 members and 4278 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X