300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Jobs

This thread is meant to help those seeking employment with North Carolina Law Enforcement agencies. I have obtained a list of postings from various web sites (all are up to date) of agencies that are currently hiring. When possible, I have included starting base salaries that Ive rounded off, and of any benefits that I know of. Please feel free to ask questions and to add any additional info on these agencies that you know of. Im not a recruiter, and much of the information I know of is from the department web site or officers I have talked to with other agencies.

1. Huntersville, NC. 29k-30k. Take home cars available for in town residency. One officer, one car program. They only have full time positions, continuous recruitment, no reserve positions. Rapidly growing city in northern Mecklenburg county. Chief is constantly asking city council to add additional police officers.

2. Charlotte, NC. 32K. No take home cars. Patrol vehicles are rotated between officers. Largest city in NC, good benefits from what I can tell. Must live within 30 miles of the city. Continuous recruitment for full time and reserve positions. Lateral transfers must have 2 years experience with another department. Has their own academy.

3. Shelby NC. mid to upper 20ks. Open recruitment. Located in Cleveland county. They do have take homes, not sure of the limitations of it though.

4. King Mountain. 12.41 houry. No further info.

5. Hickory NC. 30k. Take home car program for in town residency. One officer, one car program. Located in Catawba county. Continuous recruitment.
    Will pay salary to sponsored cadets through the BLET program, after completing the application process.

6. Hendersonville NC. 28k. Take home cars for in county residency. Located in Henderson county. Each patrol officer has their name written on their own patrol vehicle, like NASCAR. They are hiring, unknown number of positions.

7. Gastonia NC. 14.20 hourly/27k. Located in Gaston county, just west of Charlotte. Continuous recruitment. They have expanded their take home car policy to atleast county residency. Will pay salary sponsor through BLET.

8. Concord NC. 14.24 hourly. Located in Cabarrus county. Unknown number of available positions.

9. Kannapolis NC. 28k Located in Cabarrus county.

10. Matthews NC. Southeastern Mecklenburg county. Recruiting until Jan. 12th.

11. Monroe NC. 29k. Located in the fast growing Union county.

12. Raleigh NC. 31k.

13. Cary NC. 35k. Best payng department I know of.

14. Mooresville NC. 29k. Continuous recruitment. Fast growing city in southern Iredell county in the Lake Norman area. Take home car program. Police cars are painted with a checkered flag design.

15. Iredell county S.O. 27k. Patrol deputy.

16. Greensboro NC. 32k They have their own academy. In state lateral transfers must have a minimum 2 years with another NC agency.

17. Fayetteville. 32k. Located in Cumberland county. Near the military base Ft. Bragg.

18. Lenoir NC. 23k. Western NC.

19. Statesville NC. 28k. Located in central Iredell county, just north of Mooresville.

20. Winston-Salem. Unknown starting salary. Take home cars in county residency, which is Forsyth county.

21. UNCC -University of NC Charlotte Police. 30k. No take homes.

22. Durham County NC. Patrol Deputy. 29,600.

23. Washington NC. 28,700. Located in Beaufort County.

24. Kill Devil Hills NC. 31K. Located in Dare County.

25. Leland NC. Take home patrol cars for 'eligble' officers. 27k. Positions to be filled early Jan. 2007.

26. Clinton NC. 26k. Located in Sampson County.

27. Dare County. Patrol Deputy. 30k.

28. Lincolnton NC. $28,845. Located in central Lincoln county. City of about 10,000. No take home patrol cars. Accepting applications from BLET certified applicants only until 01/19.

Well there are many other departments hiring as well. Lots of typing. Good websites are the North Carolina Criminal Justice Academy website. Click on site directory, then click on Job Bank. Also check out these sites for jobs and info:

NCESC.COM. North Carolina Employment Security Commision.

NCTROOPERS.COM. Privately run website of a NC State Trooper.
    Last edited by NC Marine; 01-08-2007, 02:43 PM.
    John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Corrections

In regards to Charlotte-Mecklenburg:

It is not 30 miles from the city, it's 45 miles from the LEC excluding South Carolina. As of right now, officers are still required to live in NC even though parts of SC fall within 45 miles.

Lateral transfers must have two years of COMPARABLE service. In other words, a BLET-certified sheriff's deputy who has only worked the courthouse or jail is not eligible.

Starting pay is 34K for those without degrees. It is more for those with 2 and 4-year degrees.

There is a continual application process, but only about 10% of applicants are hired each year.

Comment

Thanks for the info, ofc129.

I agree that a minumum of applicants to CMPD actually get in. Im one of them. When I got out of the Marines 2 years ago, I applied. Had a great background, 4 years active USMC, but I was told by my B.I. that they rate applicants by a point system, I lacked the necessary points to advance in the process. My downfall was no college. My B.I. suggested I attend BLET, then reapply. So I did. I called them back after I graduated BLET 4 months later and was asked to come in for an oral board interview.

I said Id go to the interview, but then called back and declined the interview. Reason was I was already in the process with a few other agencies and pretty well into the NCSHP app process as well.

The Charlotte application process was more aggravating for me than the Highway Patrol.
      John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Regarding Concord PD:

Take home cars provided if you live within 1 mile of city limits. Tuition reimbursement (only $500 a year though). City is expanding fast, I believe city council approved 8 new positions for 2007. Very nice new headquarters.

Gibbmusic
        Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

is the cost of living low enough to survive on a living under 30k a year.. married or single?

Comment

You might not live in a mansion or drive a Ferrari, but you can survive on less than 30k around here. I started at less than 25k at Concord PD about 6 years ago and I lived comfortably with a roommate for the first few years. The average 1500 sq. foot house goes for about 150k here. Taxes are fairly low depending on which county you live in.

Gibbmusic

Comment

Gibbmusic,
              do you know Hubbard, and have you worked the carolina mall ? hubbard has talked to me a few times about joining the force.

Comment

Originally posted by madralf
                Gibbmusic,
                do you know Hubbard, and have you worked the carolina mall ? hubbard has talked to me a few times about joining the force.
                Of course I know Hubbard, you can't work around here without knowing Hubbard, he's a clown. Seriously though, Hubbard is a good guy and one of my friends. Just tell him you talked to the skinny cop that is the President of the local FOP, he'll know who you're talking about. I used to work the Carolina Mall back when the off-duty gig first started, about 4 yeas ago I think, but I don't work it anymore. I have another gig that I work about 4 nights a month, plenty to pay the bills.

Gibbmusic

Comment

Ok, I will let him know that when I run into him again. do you have to live in concord to work in that dept?

Comment

Ok, I will let him know that when I run into him again. do you have to live in concord to work in that dept?
                    You don't even have to live in Cabarrus County to work for Concord PD. We have guys that live in Mecklenburg Co., Rowan Co., Stanley Co., and even one we recently hired that was commuting from Asheboro to work every day. I think he has moved to Concord since though.

Gibbmusic

Comment

ok thanks on that info, were can you find out about the gang situation in a city or town. how about concord?

Comment

ok thanks on that info, were can you find out about the gang situation in a city or town. how about concord?
                        I'm not sure that there is a central location where you can get gang information for different cities. Your best bet is to call the city police department that you are interested in and ask to speak to the gang investigator. They should be pretty helpful because there is no reason for them to not give out general gang information to any member of the public.

As far as Concord goes, we really don't have a gang problem, but that's not to say that we don't have gangs. We have some guys that represent the usuals...MS13, SUR13, Crips, Bloods, and even a few local gangs (I believe we have one called the Crowell Street Boys...which is an indication of their intelligence because the name of the road is Crowell DRIVE). We have had a few instances of gang related shootings or violence, but I believe most of our gangs here are loosely affiliated and there is not an issue with territory.

I figure that as our city continues to grow, as will the gang issue.

Gibbmusic

Comment

I'll be more than happy to send you some of mine from Charlotte .

Comment

Ok thanks on that info , I will call the pd there and ask the investigator my questions. .

Comment

I'm thinking of making the big leap down to NC to continue my career. I have a bunch of questions about the job down in NC, probably too many to post on the board. If you work in either Iredell or Cabarrus county, could you shoot me a PM if you're willing to field some of my questions? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3890 users online. 247 members and 3643 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X