No announcement yet.

Received offer from NC Highway Patrol!

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received offer from NC Highway Patrol!

Well, I am a very happy man. I received a conditional offer from the NC Highway Patrol about two weeks ago to start the 118th basic school on November 29. The conditions of course were that I pass the physical and the psych.

I'm having an issue though. I still have yet to receive a final offer and quite honestly, I don't know how long it's going to take them before I get it. Because of the holidays etc. I have to give notice in my current place of employment by close of business TOMORROW in order to have given them the proper two weeks.

While for some, this may not be a big deal; it is for me because if something were to happen while I'm in school, I would like to have something to fall back on, and I don't want to be burning bridges there.

I'm wondering if you guys have experienced this with other departments you've been hired on and if so, how did you handle the situation?

I'm hoping that I'll hear something before the end of the day tomorrow. If not, then I have a serious decision to make come 4pm.

If your on good terms with your employer now, just tell them your situation! I'd think that they would understand the situation, and would not be too upset knowing that you want to go into public service.

I am on good terms with them and they have been very understanding and cooperative so far. I have been with them for a long time, and we built a big company out of a small one so I have that going for me but on the other hand, they are in need of getting a replacement hired and trained so they don't have a gap in service so to speak, which I can completely understand. Unfortunately, the finance dept. won't give them the go ahead to hire until I'm officially resigned. I'll have to speak with them tomorrow if I don't get the final yet.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.

Do not quit until you have the final offer period.
        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

I was in the 115th Basic School. Do not resign until you are mailed your final offer. If the school is on November 29, very short notice, your final offer should come very soon. Thats really close to now....I finished my psych and medical in August 2005 and got the acceptance letter the last week of September, and school started Oct 22nd. ( I resigned though )

If youve made it this far, your psych, which was in Greensboro when I went, and then your medical is at the training center.

Keep running, pushups, situps, and have someone practice screaming in your face and you will do fine .

Hope the best for you!
          John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Thank you sir. I appreciate it. I just found out minutes ago that I did receive my final offer so in about 10 minutes, I get to take my resignation letter to my boss. God, I can't wait!!! This is GREAT NEWS!! Thanks to everyone here who helped me through this process. I really appreciate it.

...and also, thank you for the tips.

You should also get a list of things to bring when you arrive at the basic school. I think I spent a couple hundred dollars buying all that stuff!

Visit the following website:

Pretty informative and a little inside view of the Basic School.
              Last edited by NC Marine; 11-13-2006, 12:48 PM.
              John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

What's Going On

There are currently 6739 users online. 274 members and 6465 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad