Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting to be added to the registry. Completed my PRT a few days ago.

Comment

• Cleared for Oral Assessment invite back in August, the email said that they will be scheduling OA's over the next 9 months. Patiently waiting. It's a good thing as I'm currently indisposed at FLETC training for an 0083 gig, that quite frankly, I'm having reservations about.

Comment

• Vonsey
      Vonsey
      Forum Member
      Vonsey commented
      Editing a comment
      If you got the time and money, I’d suggest writing them and asking to come to them. Someone a few pages back said they were told wouldn’t have probably got to them if waited.

• Army101
      Army101
      Forum Member
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you having reservations about DS or your 0083 gig? Sorry if im confusing anything

• NYC1175
      NYC1175
      Forum Member
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Vonsey
      Forum Member
      Vonsey I'll have to wait until I'm done here at FLETC or close to being done before doing that.
      Army101
      Forum Member
      Army101 I'm having reservations about the 0083 job.

• Terminus
      Terminus
      Forum Member
      Terminus commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully it doesn't take long. If you still have a choice, try and get it in Washington DC. It will probably be faster. I had mine done outside of DC, and it took 13 months from the time i got the email to the time i actually had the oral assessment.

• On the registry as of today! Good luck to all

Comment

• Just got the final offer! Ill be there in the January class

Comment

• S/A Cupcake
        S/A Cupcake
        Forum Member
        S/A Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations. Give me a shout if you need any onboarding assistance.

• Yak
        Yak
        Forum Member
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Were you given a date for January? Just curious as I may be attending CITP in January but wasn't given an exact date yet.

• Army101
        Army101
        Forum Member
        Army101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Department of State begins with orientation with the agency. So CITP is after orientation.

• Harty_G
        Harty_G
        Officer
        Harty_G commented
        Editing a comment
        "Thank you, officially on the registry a whopping 31 mins"

I was admittedly cracking up about you posting that you made it to the register, and posting that you got an offer 8 whole minutes later. Congrats!

• Any advice on finding somewhere to get my audio/hearing test? I'm struggling to find somewhere. Not sure if anyone knows of a company that offers hearing tests that might have a location in the DC area.

Comment

• Vonsey
        Vonsey
        Forum Member
        Vonsey commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know if possible for you, but I did nearly everything at the VA. Other than that, an audiologist will do it.

• Finally got the OA invite to the OA in Fort Lee, NJ. Unfortunately, I'm at FLETC during the 3 dates they gave me. I'm going to reach out to them and see if I can possibly extend my OA to the time between FLETC and RTC

Comment

• Well I'm out of the process. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Happy Veterans Day to all here who have served. For those who might be close to be added to the register the FY22 FSI Joint Orientation dates are posted in this Reddit link below. The BLUF, there are classed each quarter of the CY beginning in Oct and ending in Sep.

https://www.reddit.com/r/foreignserv...tm_name=iossmf

Comment

• Im hearing from multiple sources that the next announcement is going to be in January. Current federal LEO with a busy schedule, Is there a way to be notified so that you don’t miss the day to apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgrizz View Post
          Im hearing from multiple sources that the next announcement is going to be in January. Current federal LEO with a busy schedule, Is there a way to be notified so that you don’t miss the day to apply?
          Cgrizz
          Forum Member
          Last edited by Cgrizz; 11-15-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I feel like this process is moving at lightspeed for the government, ha! Does anyone know how long the SRP takes?

Applied: Dec 2020
            Passed QEP: Aug 2021
            Invited to OA: September 2021
            Passed OA in D.C.: September 2021
            Medically Cleared: November 2021
            Security Cleared: October 2021 (Reciprocity from TS adjudication)

SRP Passed: Pending
            PRT Invite: Pending
            PRT Scheduled: Pending
            PRT Passed: Pending
            Placed on Register: TBD
            Final Offer: TBD

Comment

• Vonsey
              Vonsey
              Forum Member
              Vonsey commented
              Editing a comment
              If I was you, I would anticipate getting offered the January class. I have roughly the same timeline and they have been expediting my packet. My security may not make it in time but you seem to have all your ducks in a row.

• Does anyone know if there is an anticipated announcement for DSS in 2021 or 2022?

Comment

• Other than the monthly e-mails, do you get notified when you have actually passed the security and suitability review panel?

Comment

• Army101
              Army101
              Forum Member
              Army101 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can email the security email for updates, there is also a phone number in the guide you get when you pass OA that you can call to inquire about security clearance.

The suitability I was notified via email i passed and I have to pick a location for the PRT.

My advice is stay on top of security clearance via email and phone number.

• The next DSS SA announcement will be early to mid January. DSS held a webinar a couple weeks ago addressing the DSS SA hiring process and provided pointers on how to prepare for the application and subsequent testing. They are holding another webinar on December 14th and, at the risk of developing tougher competition, I highly suggest you attend or sign up to watch later (I've been able to find the recordings on their LinkedIn page). Here is the link for the December 14th webinar: https://www.linkedin.com/events/zoom...4207619981312/

I wish these webinars had been available when I attempted the BEX a couple times years ago. Be forewarned, this is probably the toughest hiring process I've encountered for a Federal Criminal Investigator position (yes, I know they are not technically 1811s).

Good luck!

Comment

• Hi, is it true that DSS favours candidates with strong military or LE backgrounds? I just graduated with a MA in International relations with limited work experience so i wonder if I should apply this upcoming announcement. I do speak 3 other foreign languages and lived in Asia for 20 years. TIA.

Comment

• Vonsey
                Vonsey
                Forum Member
                Vonsey commented
                Editing a comment
                Vonsey
                Forum Member
                Last edited by Vonsey; 12-13-2021, 09:03 AM.

• Shadowtrain
                Shadowtrain
                Forum Member
                Shadowtrain commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Most applicants tend to be from military or LE backgrounds, and thus by volume, they tend to make it to the end of the process.

For most classes, it tends to be in thirds. A third is military, a third is LE, and the last third tends to be other.
                Law enforcement and military backgrounds seem to do better in the process because they have an idea of some aspect of the job and/or the structure. That being said, there are countless instances of someone joining DS and not having a MIL/LE background.

I know of several agents holding only a bachelor's degree but padded with extracurricular experience. I know of several working professionals with a decade in their field (business, accounting, computer science, IT, marketing, etc).

Anyone can join DS, it's really getting through the process and having a shred of insight that the position is a life style and not a typical "job". DS deals with people from all walks of life and a variety of situations, which in turn needs its agent corps to be diverse - bringing different skill sets to handle all the complexities.

Best anecdote that I've heard about DS is this. "Take ten DS agents and throw them into a room with a problem and you'll get ten different answers- but all are right."

• the1i11tething
                the1i11tething
                Forum Member
                the1i11tething commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Vonsey & Shadowtrain for sharing your insight with me. I'll give it a try for the upcoming announcement. Do they have a decent number of female special agents?

• Shadowtrain
                Shadowtrain
                Forum Member
                Shadowtrain commented
                Editing a comment
                the1i11tething
                Forum Member
                the1i11tething - It never hurts to put your name in for the announcement.

DS has a decent amount of female agents, probably above average for most law enforcement agencies.
                If you have questions regarding that, I would reach out to Women in Law Enforcement (WIFLE- https://www.wifle.org) and try to speak with the various agency reps that are part of WIFLE. DS used to have an agent representative

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4387 users online. 270 members and 4117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X