Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just passed my PRT today, no idea what to expect for the register but I assume it'll come sometime soon. Below is my timeline which was delayed due to covid, but here we are now.

QEP: 4/9/2019
    OA:. 9/18/2019
    Medical clearance: 12/31/2019
    Security: 3/31/2021
    Suitability: 04/02/2021
    PRT: 06/22/2021
    Register: 6/23/21
    Last edited by Milan922; 06-23-2021, 10:11 AM. Reason: Added Register date.

Comment

• Army101
      Army101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Definitely a long process for you.

• Did you guys find out you were medically cleared by the monthly HR update or the medical email?

Comment

• Whelp, I guess I'm an idiot. I just got an email saying I was out of the process because I answered "yes" on #13 of the minimum qualifications checklist. I guess I was distracted or in a hurry because it doesn't even apply to me. I'm a little shocked that you can't clear up a paperwork mistake with them, but the email says I can't change it and I have to wait a year from the announcement.

Good luck to everyone in the process...

Comment

• Army101
        Army101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that! Always apply again.

• Vonsey
        Vonsey commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't include proper certification for my foreign schooling last time I applied. They have so many applications they are looking for excuses to trim down the herd. So don't feel too bad. You do have me a bit paranoid now though haha

• ABS2005
        ABS2005 commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the encouragement. I'm always the "attention to detail" guy and I can't believe I did that. Guess it goes to show it can happen to anyone. Going to chalk it up to "meant to be" and see what happens next year, I guess.

• So i just got notified my TS was adjudicated by another DOJ agency, any chance DS would carry over that adjudication? I did email HR notifying them of this. Just wanted to get someone two cents..i did submit e-qip and security forms almost a month ago and i have not heard anything from them yet

Comment

• Shadowtrain
        Shadowtrain commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you currently employed by that DOJ agency? If yes, then you could pass it across and DS might reciprocate. If you’re an applicant for that DOJ agency, then no - due to not holding that position and that clearance.

You are more than welcome to let the DS powers to be know that you’ve been adjudicated by another agency but determination still would need to be made by DS.

• Army101
        Army101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the response, I am currently an applicant for USMS. I have been been reading the Security executive agent Directive 7that outlines reciprocity guidelines for agencies.

https://www.dni.gov/files/NCSC/docum...ciprocityU.pdf

From what I have read recent adjudications, regardless of active employment, can be used. "covered persons" is defined by someone performing or seeking to perform AKA "applicant"

My educated guess is they would use most of it but it may not check all the requirements or standards the DOS requires in order to adjudicate a clerance. So additional interviews and possible checks may have to be done. So it may speed up my clearance process. But I wanted someone else's two cents or if someone had a similar situation.

• Shadowtrain
        Shadowtrain commented
        Editing a comment
        Army101
        There's what the directive says, but then again... each agency and their own background folks do their own things. I was a former DOJ component employee and my clearance passed over, reciprocated, and DOS did their own thing with adjudication.

That being said, I know of several people who were in the process with other agencies, got adjudicated.... and still did a fresh background for DS. So who knows really other than the powers to be. If I was in your shoes, I'd drop a line to the background/HR/etc. folks and let them know your were adjudicated. Best case they take it over and do whatever is needed to adjudicate the rest of the way, thus making your timeline shorter. Other side is they say thanks and you're in the same spot.

• Army101
        Army101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Shadowtrain that’s exactly what i did, i let HR know, in hopes they use the Investigation and checks a lot of the boxes…i can only hope it speeds up my investigation. Thanks!

• Sept 13 class dates are going out now, FYI

Comment

• Anyone getting final offers/invites to the Sept class could post their timelines from apply to hires that would be great.

Comment

• Milan922
          Milan922 commented
          Editing a comment
          QEP: 4/9/2019
          OA:. 9/18/2019
          Medical clearance: 12/31/2019
          Security: 3/31/2021
          Suitability: 04/02/2021
          PRT: 06/22/2021
          Register: 6/23/21
          Orientation Invite: 6/30/21

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Milan922 Congrats on your invite, that was a long wait.

• Anyone know how long the hiring process has been taking on average from application to academy?

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          General trend seems to be over a year. Here's my timeline for reference:

12/1/20: Applied
          1/19/21: Email saying I made the cut score to proceed to minimum qualifications review
          5/13/21: Email saying I passed minimum qualifications review and have proceeded to QEP review
          Radio silence since then. Next step should be a yay or nay on whether or not I made the cut to do the Oral Assessment.
          Last edited by NYC1175; 07-07-2021, 09:38 PM.

• FlashTACP
          FlashTACP commented
          Editing a comment
          It differs for everyone. I’m a Nov ‘19 applicant and I’m still in holding pattern due to my medical. But I know a few that breezed through everything last year already. Plus Covid took a toll on the oral assessments.

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost nov 2021 will be 2 years. Passed OA may 2021. Med and sec underway.

• Do any non-federal employees or military have experience negotiating their starting salary, increasing it above FP-6,4? It seems like additional steps are only added for advanced degrees; military; or LE experience. Thanks in advance!

DSSA: SOP 134C1: https://careers.state.gov/work/benef...ssa-sop-134c1/

Comment

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an advanced degree in an associated field...I don't even care about the pay!

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          Let's face it...some of us are not in this career for the rewards.

• rellimgo
          rellimgo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the insight.... Anyone else have actual experience with this or tips? I'm waiting on the EOD letter now. Thanks!

• S/A Cupcake
          S/A Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          In the DOS you must be your own advocate…in everything. So by all means ask HR when you get the final offer the process to re-evaluate your starting step. I know a lot of people who got increased steps usually because they added whatever experience they had between when they first applied and when they received the final offer. There is a formula like 2 steps for every one year of relevant experience…or something like that. I don’t know exactly but if your resume doesn’t specifically articulate law enforcement or security experience it sometimes will not result in the increased steps. I think You can still accept the offer and ask for a re-evaluation. Whatever…the point is you must be your own advocate…in evaluations, travel orders, allowances, housing, assignments…everything. Just always be courteous and professional in your advocacy.

• Anyone have a guestimate on if the register is empty or close to being empty? I saw a Low third guy get a class invite.

Comment

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im only guessing pretty sure it is light on people due to not as many OA being conducted during covid.. however OAs are being scheduled so the register is probably gonna blow up over the coming months.

• How long is the register good for? So I had a medical clearance issue and I appealed and was granted it but I have to wait 6 months and I guess will clear than. I assume I will be placed on the register than

Comment

• S/A Cupcake
          S/A Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          You can be on the register for 18 months. When you clear med and suitability you will be placed on the register.

• This wait is killer…all my security and medical paperwork were submitted june 9 and 10…i still havent heard back from anyone.

Comment

• Ranger07
          Ranger07 commented
          Editing a comment
          It will happen stay strong! I submitted background in May and medical mid June and already have Med clearance plus background investigation is well underway. References being contacted etc..Once everything kicks off for you hopefully it will move quick.

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they send you an email saying you were medically clear? If you dont mind me asking.

• Question about the PT test. Is it simply pass/fail, like being to do the minimum in all the events, or is it like the military where you have to get a certain percentage in each category?

Also, did anybody take their run on a treadmill or is it always a track?

Comment

• GWOTtrapLord
          GWOTtrapLord commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, It's pass or fail. you can try to max everything out. However, the preferred method is hit the minimums and move on. Also, with respect to the treadmill, it depends where you take it. In DC, I took it on the treadmill. this was last week.

• Vonsey
          Vonsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Do your PT scores affect anything? I'd like to imagine that getting myself into great shape would give me a leg-up over someone who squeaks by on minimums.

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your PT scores do not have an impact on registry placement.

• Shadowtrain
          Shadowtrain commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to pass the minimum. Anything extra is great.

As for the run, it will depend on the location. Back in my day, if it was not snowing it was outside... if it was snowing... inside.

Many people would rather suffer outside than on a treadmill.

• I emailed the security clearance email to get the status of my security clearance, i was advised that my fillenis being reviewed by the reciprocity team. Due to my recent TS adjudication. Hopefully they accept it or at-least most of it but im not getting my hopes up.
        Last edited by Army101; 07-15-2021, 02:39 PM. Reason: Edit, reworded

Comment

• Regarding PT - How do the DS PRT standards match up against the PT conducted at FLETC? In other words, if you do the minimum for the DS PRT, would that level of fitness be sufficient to make it through PT at FLETC?

Comment

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            FLETC is a joke compared to most agencies.

• Shadowtrain
            Shadowtrain commented
            Editing a comment
            You’ll be fine. The FLETC minimum is pretty low compared to the DS PRT.

• For those of you strongly considering DSS as a career option, I am going to give a solid endorsement to former DSS Special Agent Cody Perron. I have read his book and listened to all of his career podcasts. He has invaluable advice and guidance for potential applicants.

https://www.specialagents.org/dss

-SA Blog

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4908 users online. 308 members and 4600 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X