Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invites are going out for the September A-100 training.

Initial application - October 2018
    Passed OA - August 2019
    Medical Clearance - October 2019
    Security Clearance - March 2020
    Suitability Review - April 2020
    PRT- May 2020
    Offer- August 2020

Comment

• Received an invite for the September class. Could somebody shoot me an invite to the hangouts group?

Conflicted on which way I'll go. Current 1811 with IRS. Extremely interested in the job and willing to take the pay cut for a few years (making ~120k) but worried about the amount of time away from family and messing up my wife's career...

Thanks!

Comment

• Badger99
        Badger99 commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIW, I'm not a DS Agent but I've met & talked to several. From what I've been told it's a career full of a lot of travel (protection assignments) and assignments overseas at embassies & consulates. A lot of folks like the travel opportunities but it's something to keep in mind.

• Shadowtrain
        Shadowtrain commented
        Editing a comment
        @Chicago_DS_Hopeful
        Congrats on getting an invite for the September class.
        The DS SA career path is an extremely interesting one and you'll do some work that you wouldn't experience as an 1811 with IRS.

The time away from family and significant other's career alignment are both tough and challenging areas - encountered by many in DS. In a general DS SA career path, you will have to bid on a new assignment every few years. Some domestic tours and some overseas tours will part of the overall career. It really depends on your relationship with your wife. In some work overseas, it could be unaccompanied so you won't have time with your family or if it's a location where your family can join you, your spouse may not be able to work due to various issues (lack of career aligned positions, inability to work on the local economy, remote work complications, etc.).

Good luck with your decision!

• Just FYI for the folks who applied to the vacancy last year. I never received a “you passed QEP, wait for assessment” email. So I just emailed their HR, and they responded lightning quick and told me I had passed and to wait for communication in regard to assessment. So things are moving, thankfully.

Comment

• Nov 2019 applicant here. Just received email invite today for the written and oral assessments. Looks like they're being scheduled for Oct/Nov timeframe.

Comment

• FlashTACP
          FlashTACP commented
          Editing a comment
          What location are you being assessed at?

• RJflyer
          RJflyer commented
          Editing a comment
          Invite was for the DC area

• NAC1848
          NAC1848 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the email as well, Chicago area.

Anything you're doing to prepare beyond standard interview prep? I've read that the DSS interview/exam is a bit tougher than most.

• FlashTACP
          FlashTACP commented
          Editing a comment
          Anyone get an invite for Dallas/Fort Worth area? I’m still waiting for that email.........

• Quick question. I know points are added to your assessment score if you’re a veteran. Is that just points if you uploaded your 214 or are the points also based on your rating through the VA?

Comment

• 10Vet
          10Vet commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, SF15 required as well.

• 10Vet
          10Vet commented
          Editing a comment
          Further clarification on 5 Point Preference:

You are a 5 point preference eligible if your active duty service meets any of the following:

1. ⁠For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on August 31, 2010, the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom, OR
          2. ⁠During the Gulf War, between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992, OR
          3. ⁠For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955 and before October 15, 1976, OR
          4. ⁠Between April 28, 1952 and July 1, 1955 OR
          5. ⁠In a war, campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal or badge has been authorized.

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          10Vet or if you possess an armed forces service medal (GWOT)

• 10Vet
          10Vet commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, see #5

• Trying to get clarification on oral assessment. My understanding is that there is the written essay portion and the actual interview portion. Is there any other part of the OA that I am missing?

Comment

• Anybody else get their Oral Assessments "cancelled" or rescheduled due to COVID? We're not booted through the process right?

Comment

• NAC1848
            NAC1848 commented
            Editing a comment
            Came here to post this. Sounds like we're just postponed. Not holding my breath for a reschedule soon though

• FlashTACP
            FlashTACP commented
            Editing a comment
            I take it this for last years application? Strange they would cancel/postpone knowing full well the circumstances of Covid prior to scheduling. I haven’t even got an email yet in regard to the assessment, so maybe that’s why.

• They emailed me to schedule an interview date for Oral Assessment. In the following days I got an email stating that spikes im the covid rate are causing them to reschedule in the future.

To answer your question I was one of the NOV '19 applicants.

Comment

• Just received my invite for the OA. starting to do the prep. I can not believe I will be given the chance at this career. Beyond excited, Good luck to all.

Comment

• Just got my OA invite for November in the Fort Lee, NJ area. However, they are aware that people may not feel comfortable attending because of COVID-19 and are allowing you to defer but you can only OA from the DC Metro area if you defer. Passed BEX July 2019 but the timing did not work for my family, hoping to pass again because we are ready now!

Comment

• Nice job y’all! I’m still waiting. (Dallas office). IMO, you would be crazy to defer. Think you have a better chance of getting The Corona at Home Depot than at an oral board. Good luck!

Comment

• Diaxen
                  Diaxen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I respect your opinion but let me give you a different perspective, there are applicants from overseas that need to fly to the US. I believe that your risk is higher when you start doing global travel, hotels, and other things I cannot think of at the moment. Imagine trying to BEX with the stress that you might contact COVID or worse, infect others with COVID.

• accidental post
                Last edited by TacticalRookie; 10-14-2020, 08:09 PM. Reason: accidental

Comment

• Passed the PRT today and was placed on the register.

Comment

• Originally posted by Army101 View Post
                    Just received my invite for the OA. starting to do the prep. I can not believe I will be given the chance at this career. Beyond excited, Good luck to all.
                    Walking away from this opportunity was maybe one of the biggest regrets of my life. I hope you get in and I hope you let us live vicariously through your successes! Good luck and gooooo get it!!!!!

Comment

• Army101
                      Army101 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you! Appreciate it

• Long time lurker. Here is my update

Initial application - October 2018
                    Failed OA - August 2019

Reapplied November 2019
                    Passed OA - October 2020 in DC

Good luck to all. Stay in the Fight!!

Comment

• Army101
                      Army101 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats man!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4135 users online. 265 members and 3870 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X