Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think they’re still sending out QEP emails? I haven’t received an email this week, and I see several folks have. I haven’t received a “thanks but no thanks” either. Just wondering.......like everyone else. Hahaha

Comment

• TacticalRookie
      TacticalRookie commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you checking your spam folder? The majority of emails I receive during this hiring process seem to go to my spam folder for some reason. I was also in the same boat as you, I saw other people getting notifications here but I hadn't seen anything. My QEP email did come a little later than others but I didn't notice it till much later as it was in my spam folder.

• FlashTACP
      FlashTACP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah, I checked it. Guess I will just wait and see.

• Originally posted by TacticalRookie View Post
    Are you checking your spam folder? The majority of emails I receive during this hiring process seem to go to my spam folder for some reason. I was also in the same boat as you, I saw other people getting notifications here but I hadn't seen anything. My QEP email did come a little later than others but I didn't notice it till much later as it was in my spam folder.
    I almost missed out on the OA because their critical emails started going to the Spam folder. It wasn't until I got a direct email from a human asking if I wanted to withdraw from the hiring process that I learned their emails went to the Spam Folder.

Now I check the Spam Folder more than my regular Inbox -_-

Comment

• Hey All,

I just got an invite for a class in July.

My timeline:
      Applied Oct 2018
      BEX Aug 2019
      Cleared March 2020
      PRT May 2020

Good luck to everyone still in the process.

Comment

• cpusername
        cpusername commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

Silly question - is BEX the same as the OA?

• PHM2019
        PHM2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! What was your OA score?

• I passed QEP, just got the email.

Any idea where the OA is conducted? DC I assume?

Comment

• FlashTACP
        FlashTACP commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I read somewhere it’s at several field offices around the country, but I could be totally wrong. Glad emails are still going out, because I am still “patiently” waiting.

• Kurmoe
        Kurmoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m curious about OA locations as well. I just passed the QEP but I am currently deployed overseas until early 2021. Does anyone know if there is even a slight chance of them scheduling OAs abroad, possibly at a US Embassy?

• mdcudt
        mdcudt commented
        Editing a comment
        OA’s are not conducted overseas.

• Co0311
        Co0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        During your application, everyone is given the option to pick a field office for their OA. If you can't do it at that location anymore, you default to DC.

• Dream come true to compete, received invite (not scheduled) to Oral Assessment. Feels good. Said to expect delays up to 9 months. But I'm fine waiting on a good opportunity.

Comment

• For anyone who has passed the BEX phase (not QEP), please PM me if you want an invite to the google hangouts group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurmoe View Post
          I’m curious about OA locations as well. I just passed the QEP but I am currently deployed overseas until early 2021. Does anyone know if there is even a slight chance of them scheduling OAs abroad, possibly at a US Embassy?
          I didn't do mine in DC but a nearby major metropolitan with a DoS office. I think the option to do it in DC might have been conveyed. It seemed like many people traveled hours to be interviewed in that city. From what I can tell, a team of interviewers/examiners/admin people travel around to conduct BEX/OA.

Not sure if they travel overseas but if you're deployed to a combat zone, it might be very unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigMike54 View Post
            I passed QEP, just got the email.

Any idea where the OA is conducted? DC I assume?
            Assessments are conducted throughout the country, not just in DC.

Comment

• Any thoughts on what percentage of applicants are invited to the OA?

Comment

• FlashTACP
                FlashTACP commented
                Editing a comment
                I did get an email yesterday advising me that they’re still going through all the qualified names. Said it will take a few to send emails out to everyone.

• 10Vet
                10Vet commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s impossible to determine. DS Recruitment has a cut score that’s predicated on myriad of factors. COVID has set the application process back for many of us that have passed the OA/BEX and waiting on a clearance, suitability, class date. Since you’re so early in the process, I wouldn’t stress about something you can’t control. I know it’s easier said than done but go on with your life like you never applied. In the interim, apply to other FED LEO jobs that may interest you. Nothing is guaranteed.

• For those who noticed (and repeatedly reminded me) that I had yet to add a profile page for Diplomatic Security Service, good news...the DSS profile is up and running! As a current Special Agent I am committed to continue adding useful content to this site for all past, present and future 1811's to enjoy.

https://www.specialagents.org/

Comment

• Shadowtrain
                Shadowtrain commented
                Editing a comment
                What? U.S. Marshals didn't make the movie list?

• Got the email this morning that I passed QEP

Comment

• Got the email i passed the QEP..very happy i got that email! I feel honored to compete for this dream career.

Comment

• I totally forgot Robert Downey Jr. plays a Diplomatic Security Service SA in that move. Hats off to you sir. Added to profile!

https://www.specialagents.org/dss

Comment

• DSguy
                    DSguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fun fact... US Marshals premiered the same weekend as Titanic and got beat by it at the box office. Proving yet again, that teenage girls get to decide what's cool more often than is fair.

• Notified I passed suitability and received an invite to PRT this week. Process appears to be moving forward for July and September courses.

Comment

• Co0311
                    Co0311 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, when was your interview? You didn't have to take the PRT soon after your interview and during the medical/ clearance paperwork phase?
                    Last edited by Co0311; 06-25-2020, 03:46 PM.

• 10Vet
                    10Vet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    PRT is not conducted after O/A, only after suitability. I recommend you reference the previous pages on this site to enhance your situational awareness.

• DSguy
                    DSguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    About a month. That's not uniform by any means though. I know guys who have been waiting on suit for considerably longer than I did.

• 10Vet
                    10Vet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good copy. Thanks.

• For anyone on the register: have you still been receiving the monthly update emails? Or did they stop when you got on the list?

Comment

• PHM2019
                    PHM2019 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine stopped once I got on the register.

• lookingforward
                    lookingforward commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine stopped as well.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5748 users online. 373 members and 5375 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X