• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI, the vacancy was extended until the 22nd

Comment

• 36thID
      36thID commented
      Editing a comment
      Guessing that could be an indicator that they didn't get as many applicants as they were hoping

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      36thID they might have extended it, because the site is having a lot of problems. IE you go to hit submit on the final page and are met with the "cannot connect to .gov site".

• Just passed BEX today at the NY location. For prospective candidates I recommend allotting sufficient time to familiarize yourself with the 12 dimensions associated to the DSS agent position. Additionally, truly evaluate yourself and previous professional experience(s) in order to answer any of the questions asked.

Passed QEP: 15 Apr 19
    Passed BEX : 20 Nov 19

Comment

• Co0311
      Co0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on passing the BEX. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance, have a quick question.

• JCappSSP
      JCappSSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Pm'd you bud.

Additionally, kindly requesting an invite to the google hangout group. TIA.
      Last edited by JCappSSP; 11-23-2019, 06:47 PM.

• Just tried to apply to the extended announcement and got the connection error.
    Last edited by ES90; 11-21-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Happened to me, emailed recruitment and they did confirm they were able to get my app. Shoot them an email to see if they got everything.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      No replay as of yet. May as well see if I can apply again before I head to work.

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      They replied shortly after my last post confirming they received my app.

• Looks like people on Reddit are reporting that invites went out for the January class, anybody here get an invite? I'm hoping to get on the registrar in the next month so any intel on current registrar numbers would be awesome.

Comment

• CavLT
      CavLT commented
      Editing a comment
      I can confirm that I got an invite.

• 36thID
      36thID commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats brother, what third of list were you?

• CavLT
      CavLT commented
      Editing a comment
      Top third.

• SM919
      SM919 commented
      Editing a comment
      I also got an invite last week. Was in the top third.

• I saw this on reddit as well. Based on everyone’s timeline, I should be contacted by my BI any day now. I probably won’t make the register for another few months. I’m wondering how many people are in the January class and what their BEX scores were (if they were all top third, etc).

Comment

• quick_turn
      quick_turn commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you two apply?

• Tayan235
      Tayan235 commented
      Editing a comment
      Timeline:
      Initial application- Oct 2018
      BEX- Sept 2019
      Submit medical and eQUIP- Oct 2019

• Co0311
      Co0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told that they're hoping to do four classes of 24 in FY20.

• Is there any indication as to how many people are currently are on the register?

Comment

• 10Vet
      10Vet commented
      Editing a comment
      Specific info such as how many people are on the register will and should never be discussed on this forum. Once you land on register, you’ll be advised on what third of the register you fall under. While it’s difficult to determine the veracity of many of the posts on this site, a couple of trends have surfaced: 1. The register was essentially cleared from previous classes 2. There will be multiple classes during FY20.

• PHM2019
      PHM2019 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

• From the most recent posting, received an email stating app package made the cut score and was sent forward to minimum qualifications review.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, Idk remember getting an email about cut scores last time. Idk why the review of an application doesn't happen all in one shot.

• CavLT
      CavLT commented
      Editing a comment
      Because minimum qualifications review requires a person to look at it. If you don't make the cut score, it cuts down on the number of files a person has to review.

• For those who have received a class date, how long after contact with your background investigator did you get the clearance, run the PRT, and get a class date? I'm just trying to do some planning as I have my BI interview coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by r0802l View Post
      For those who have received a class date, how long after contact with your background investigator did you get the clearance, run the PRT, and get a class date? I'm just trying to do some planning as I have my BI interview coming up.
      There is no way that anyone's timeline can or should be used for planning. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but there is no average that is worth using. Some BIs are done within days, others take months. Then, when final clearance and a job offer are given a class date could be days or months off. Not trying to be critical of you asking the question, it is human nature to want to be able to plan, but it really is not reliable.

Comment

• In regard to starting salary, do FSS have the ability to start above the announcement step/grade if they possess a graduate degree? I understand that DOS will attempt to match a former salary, but I am not sure if we have the same benefit that regular FSOs do when using only education.

Comment

• I was hoping someone could explain how previous military and FERS times counts towards retirement with DSS. I know they are creditable but are they multiplied by the 1.7 or just 1%. Do they count towards your 20 years for full retirement or do you need to still do 20 years in DSS and previous federal time just gets added on after?

Essentially if you had 5 years of military and 2 years of civilian service for a total of 7 years how would that work?

Thanks!

Comment

• Just got an email stating that my application will be moving on to QEP. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• quick_turn
            quick_turn commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you apply? Back in November 2019? Mhuck
            Last edited by quick_turn; 01-13-2020, 02:51 PM.

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. I applied back in November.

• For the PRT, do you have the option of choosing to complete the run on a treadmill or does it have to be on a track?

Comment

• winstonator
            winstonator commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no experience with this, but the PRT Guide says it will be on a track or outdoor course, so I would guess no.

• SM919
            SM919 commented
            Editing a comment
            You don’t get to choose—the run is usually outside but, it can’t hurt to be prepared for either scenario. (I had to take my PRT on a treadmill due to inclement weather).

• Anyone else receive further updates from the most recent announcement since the new year started?

Comment

• winstonator
            winstonator commented
            Editing a comment
            I havent heard anything since receiving the email stating I passed the application phase for the most recent hiring announcement.

• I've got my PRT February. Would it be a correct assumption that the score factors into your final position on the register, or is it strictly a pass fail?

And on that note, the "satisfactory" for all events is 50%, but that certainly sounds like a failing grade to me based off the number. So long as you meet that satisfactory (50%) score, is that a pass?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9552 users online. 266 members and 9286 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X