Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't imagine what the purpose of that DSS Special Agent information session is for when they're not doing any recruitment or taking resumes for Schedule B there. It's a small pool of agents as it is and I doubt they have trouble meeting the numbers to apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheridan1 View Post
      I can't imagine what the purpose of that DSS Special Agent information session is for when they're not doing any recruitment or taking resumes for Schedule B there. It's a small pool of agents as it is and I doubt they have trouble meeting the numbers to apply.
      Perhaps prepping for this that came from the moderator on the state.gov forums.

“There will be an open vacancy announcement for the Diplomatic Security Special Agent position before the end of the year. We are hoping to open it in November but no firm date has been set.”

Comment

• "The Foreign Service Special Agent announcement is scheduled to open on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 and will close at 11:59 p.m. eastern standard time on Tuesday, November 19, 2019."

From the DS Broadcast
        JAN 08 - Online assesment
        MAR 08 - BEX/COE
        JUN 08 - FOE/Deferral

OCT 18 - Online assessment
        MAY 19 - BEX/COE

Comment

• 10Vet
          10Vet commented
          Editing a comment
          CavLT, since DSS typically does not have yearly SA announcements, this could bode well for everyone who gets on the register from the Oct '18 announcement. Seem plausible?
          Last edited by 10Vet; 11-13-2019, 06:18 AM.

• CavLT
          CavLT commented
          Editing a comment
          The rumor is that they cleared the list with the September class.

• 36thID
          36thID commented
          Editing a comment
          CavLT, where did you get that info? Or how reliable is it that the list has been wiped?

• CavLT
          CavLT commented
          Editing a comment
          There is at least one case of a current class member who completed their PRT days before the Sept. class started and was offered a spot in the class that same day. A pretty good indicator that there may have still been spots available to fill.

• To those that applied to the current opening, did you receive any confirmation after you submitted everything?

Comment

• 10Vet
          10Vet commented
          Editing a comment
          You won't receive a confirmation. If you were instructed to upload docs then you initially passed online exam. A cut score will be later determined by DS to determine if you scored high enough overall to move on in the process.

• Co0311
          Co0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received notification, but it was forwarded from a DOS Helpdesk email. Maybe they're having an issue with outgoing emails.

• 36thID
          36thID commented
          Editing a comment
          Co0311, that seems plausible, I've emailed a separate department email and they haven't gotten back to me yet, and they've always replied withing 24 hours.

• ptorres5
          ptorres5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a notification from DS Recruitment <[email protected]> regarding the receipt of all my docs, but I found it in my junk folder even though I had set up state.gov as a trusted sender.

• For those tracking timeframes, I got my medical clearance 30 days after submission, and they notified me I received it 7 days after that. So 37 days from submission of medical packet to acknowledgment I was issued my med clearance.

Comment

• Wrapping up initial application this evening knowing full well I won’t get it. Not insecure but don’t have expectations. This has been my dream job for years .

Comment

• 10Vet
            10Vet commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you know you won't get it? Be a little more positive. This is the way I look at it. It's a process that you can and cannot influence. Once you initially pass the online assessment and upload your docs...that's it, you've done your part. At that point, go back to living your life. You can no longer influence the process until you're fortunate enough to be invited to the O/A-BEX. Once you get the invite, you can once again influence the process by properly preparing. The DSS O/A Study Guide has EVERYTHING you need to be successful. At that point, it's all on you until you get called back by your BEX interviewers who will then determine if you passed or not. My 0.02.

OCT 18 - Online assessment
            SEP 19 - BEX/COE

• Hello. I tried to submit my application packet last night but am not sure if I was successful. Is there supposed to be a different page that shows up after you type your name saying you understand that everything has to be submitted on time? All my documents appeared to be uploaded, including the .txt of my essay questions. It just seems like a submission accepted page should have popped up, but instead it cycled me back to the job announcement. Thanks in advance for any info you all might be able to provide!

Comment

• DSguy
            DSguy commented
            Editing a comment
            You're ok. That's just what their app portal does once you submit. You have to believe they do it on purpose. Why? I have no idea.

• newbSAapplicant
            newbSAapplicant commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the confirmation! Definitely messed with my head a little bit. But I feel better knowing I submitted everything before the deadline so now I won't sweat it.

• Originally posted by newbSAapplicant View Post
          Hello. I tried to submit my application packet last night but am not sure if I was successful. Is there supposed to be a different page that shows up after you type your name saying you understand that everything has to be submitted on time? All my documents appeared to be uploaded, including the .txt of my essay questions. It just seems like a submission accepted page should have popped up, but instead it cycled me back to the job announcement. Thanks in advance for any info you all might be able to provide!
          Same thing happened to me.

Comment

• 36thID
            36thID commented
            Editing a comment
            Same thing happened last year too, freaked a lot of people out including me. But you should be good to go.

• Originally posted by HSIApplicant View Post

Same thing happened to me.
          Thanks for the reassurance.

Comment

• I keep getting that page can’t be reach. Not sure how to feel about it.

Comment

• Just received notification I received my security clearance, medical clearance, and passed the suitability review. All that is left is the PRT.

I saw CAVLT talk about receiving offers on the spot after passing the PRT. I don't graduate until May and plan on deferring until then. Does anyone know if you can just simply defer until a certain date?

Application- OCT 18
              OA- JUN 19
              Security Clearance Started- JUL19
              Review Panel- NOV 19
              Last edited by PHM2019; 12-12-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• 36thID
                36thID commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations! I'm only about a month behind your timeline so be sure to let us know as many details as possible with you get the call for the register. As far as your question, I believe i've read on this forum that the register is pretty good about working with you so I would just bring it up to them whenever they contact you.

• Hello all, my second time applying for the SA position. I have a lot more professional experience than when I applied in 2016. Feeling good about my opportunity to compete at the OA. I have seen some mentions of this forum of a very useful study guide out there. Is this in reference to the Oral Assessment guide found on the state departments website or is there some other study guide out there that people are referring too? I wish everyone the best of luck.

Comment

• Re-applied, the system is definitely having more technical issues this year, compared to last year. Emailed the help desk and told them what the issues were, and they said they got my application. The multiple question part probably eliminates a good number of people, my buddy is a Fed LEO and didn't pass it.

Comment

• After making the register, is it still 18 months before you time off?

Comment

• Kermitt Ruffin
                  Kermitt Ruffin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Unless something changed recently, yes you still time off after 18 months on the register.

• DSguy
                  DSguy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is correct. It is 18 months.

• I was worried about the multiple choice, but it sent me from the multiple choice to the personal questions. I assume that's an indication I passed?

I was lucky enough to attend one of the info sessions in DC and they confirmed the date of the opening, so I had a couple weeks to prepare my materials, so I feel very confident. Do any of the personal questions/multiple choice scores etc factor into the conditional offer decision/your 7 point score?

And out of interest, if I get a conditional offer (probably not but here's hoping!) and I need to withdraw from the process, will that hurt my chances if I reapply? There's a chance a family issue could delay my ability to have a traveling career.

Thanks! Good luck to all those who submitted this week.

Comment

• Kermitt Ruffin
                  Kermitt Ruffin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1. No, the personal narratives/questions do not factor into your overall score. Your overall score is computed based off your performance during the Oral Assessment, plus any extra points for language skills or veterans preference.
                  2. If you were to withdraw it would not have an affect on your chances of reapplying to future announcements. To caveat this though, you can always defer if you make it on the register and are extended a final offer. So, I wouldn't recommend just flat out withdrawing. Defer and see what happens with life and if you are able to get things straighten out, you really have nothing else to lose.

• Diaxen
                  Diaxen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Harty, this just happened to me. I passed BEX in July and in August I had something happen that made me withdraw. I asked the HR person if I could reapply the next time an announcement opened (thinking it was going to be 2020) and he said that I could apply. I am wondering if I should apply again or wait until the next announcement because I just withdrew in August but I don't want to wait until 2021.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3640 users online. 218 members and 3422 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X