Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have some good workout regimens that they can share? I have access to a pretty basic gym and am getting tired of all your standard functional lifts. Looking to do more HIIT type workouts using non traditional equipment such as kettlebells, sand bags, medicine balls, etc. I would also be interested in a solid running program if anyone has one. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Co0311
      Co0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen some pretty good fights in a penitentiary from inmates who just do burpees, pull ups, and jog around a track. I also figured that the Marines would have covered how to effectively workout. Are you having a problem running 1.5 miles in 14 minutes?

• Burt Macklin
      Burt Macklin commented
      Editing a comment
      The FBI Fitness test prep posted on their website is really good. Stew Smith also has a good app. If you are just training for DS you can skip the 300m sprint stuff.

• CavLT
      CavLT commented
      Editing a comment
      This is also, literally, the U.S. Navy PFT so you can look up resources for passing/building up to that.

• r0802l
      r0802l commented
      Editing a comment
      Passing the PRT is not an issue. I was just wondering if anyone out there had a solid regimen that breaks up the monotony of lifting and running.

• Does anyone have any kind of sense of what scores would put you in which third of the register on the new 7 point scale?

Comment

• PineconePatrol
      PineconePatrol commented
      Editing a comment
      No, but I'd like to know. Is there a shadow register?

• Burt Macklin
      Burt Macklin commented
      Editing a comment
      PineconePatrol from what I understand there is in the sense that lists are made informally by OA passers. But officially, we don't get anything than which third we placed in.

• After I passed the OA they went out of their way to say there is NOT a shadow register, but lots of agents I know seem to suspect otherwise.

Comment

• darkriver
      darkriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on passing the OA. Can I ask which region/state you took it out of? Also, do they indicate your score on the 7 point scale right there and then?

• Burt Macklin
      Burt Macklin commented
      Editing a comment
      darkriver you score is on your offer letter

• Focus on the published study guide and practice each section discussed. A passing score seems to be competitive, but the higher the better.

Comment

• 100% this. The study guide has everything you need. Really focus on those 12 dimensions.

Comment

• Hey all,

Any updates out of the SW? Seems like a lot of people have had their OA (BEX) invites and complted them out of Philly, DC, NYC, etc. Anyone in/near Texas have anything? My last updated was 4/9 indicating I would receive an OA invite within 9 months. Thanks and best of luck.

Comment

• blok2400
          blok2400 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in Florida, told I’d receive an invite.. nothing yet so maybe they hadn’t even finished east coast yet.

• 36thID
          36thID commented
          Editing a comment
          I got my Bex notice to test out of Dallas back at the end of April. I'm gonna test pretty soon here.

36thID

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn I hope we didn't get passed over then...

• CavLT
          CavLT commented
          Editing a comment
          If you haven't gotten a "no" then you probably haven't been passed up, if that is any consolation. I was in the same boat on a previous application and was pretty sure that my file had fallen behind someone's desk or something, but they pushed through the "no"s pretty quick and then it might just take a while to get to yours.

• For anyone who BEXed and passed: I got the paperwork saying I should refer to my career candidate guide for medical and background stuff...but no career candidate guide or emails to start medical and background. Is this different from other people? Wondering if I need to wait or start contacting State.

Comment

• PineconePatrol
          PineconePatrol commented
          Editing a comment
          Got a call in, I fell through the cracks but am back on track
          Last edited by PineconePatrol; 07-01-2019, 01:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

• PineconePatrol
          PineconePatrol commented
          Editing a comment
          Where are you getting this medical done? My doctor can't do all this, I'm thinking a DOT physical place

• CavLT
          CavLT commented
          Editing a comment
          I am overseas, so similar boat... my doctor just referred me out.
          For the stress test, for example, I had to go to a cardiology unit at a hospital.

If you are close to DC then State's MED can do it all for you, which is convenient.

• r0802l
          r0802l commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told after passing BEX I would be contacted by HR. They said it could take up to 3 weeks. I wasn't given a packet at the BEX for medical or background.

• Anyone else in California receive an email saying they've passed QEP and moving forward within the next 9 months (received my email in April)? Should I/we still count on this happening?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          It hasn't been 9 months, so yes.

• CavLT
          CavLT commented
          Editing a comment
          It might take longer than 9 months, too. If you passed QEP and are moving forward, they will get to you eventually.

• cpusername
          cpusername commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the replies

• I wanted to offer some unsolicited advice to current applicants.

I know that some (many?) of you may not be interested in this, and that's fine, but for those of you with spouses/children/families who rely upon you financially (or those who may have such in the future), or for those who have financial commitments you may wish to safeguard, I wanted to share that you may wish to secure (a) high quality life insurance policy/policies for yourself/your spouse prior to coming on with DS.

I am saying this because my husband and I, just because of life circumstances at the time, happened to make what was, in retrospect, an absolutely fantastic decision to secure 30 year term life insurance policies for both of us through State Farm a year or two before he started with DS. We have since heard that it can be very difficult for folks to secure these types of policies once they are working for State, as life insurance policy underwriters at quality companies can balk at the job/travel/lifestyle/risks. But the types of policies my husband and I secured prior to coming on with DS will cover us no matter where we are once they are written (worldwide coverage), and cannot be cancelled by State Farm just because my husband has since taken this job. Add to that the fact that, as applicants, you guys tend to be young and healthy, and this may be quite possibly the single best time to secure quality life insurance policies through a trusted carrier.

Yes, you can also elect life insurance payable through FEGLI (https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insur...ife-insurance/), which my husband and I do, but FEGLI is limited in payout amount (for example, five times an annual starting salary isn't too terribly much if you have a family, and spousal coverage is slight). Also, if you leave the job/retire, FEGLI isn't even remotely as portable or flexible as having your own policy/policies through a trusted carrier (like State Farm, etc.) that you secured while you were young and your premiums therefore much smaller.

Of course, some of you may well already be working the types of jobs that tend to make life insurance underwriters nervous, but just in case some are not, I wanted to toss this out there.
        A Daring Adventure - Our Experience with State

Comment

• Just finished my oral assessment, I was given a conditional offer of employment immediately after.

I signed a nondisclosure agreement so I cannot discuss specifics, but good luck to everybody who has an upcoming oral assessment.

Comment

• I got an email to choose my BEX date. I'm processing out of SoCal.

Comment

• Hey guys! Made the cut today, is there a separate forum for those that made it past the OA?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                Lovetocamp commented
                Editing a comment
                All applicants, regardless of stage in your app post here it seems.

• To all who passed the BEX:

I passed and was given a conditional offer of employment on This Monday (7/15), I filled out a few pieces of paper and took a few pieces of paper home. Most of the paper I took home was information about next steps, not forms that needed to be filled out.

I did not receive an email link to complete the E quip yet. How soon after your oral assessment did you get the email to fill out your equip?

I don’t want to be eager, but the paperwork says 15 days to fill out that equip and I don’t want to risk missing my opportunity.

There is no contact information on the paperwork, does anybody have an email or contact number to DSS HR?

Thanks in advance, good luck to all of those in the process

Comment

• PineconePatrol
                PineconePatrol commented
                Editing a comment
                You should get a call in a week

• r0802l
                r0802l commented
                Editing a comment
                My experience was the same. Did you get the call yet?

• Passed the BEX last week and had a question regarding clearance reciprocity. I have an active DoD TS and was told that I would only receive an email for the E-QUIP if they couldn’t get the clearance transferred over. Anybody in a similar boat have success with an expedient clearance transfer? I mean, E-QUIP is fun and all but...

Comment

• CavLT
                CavLT commented
                Editing a comment
                I have an active DoS TS and couldn't get mine transferred. It sounds like if it was adjudicated within the past 48 months, you are in the clear. Otherwise they are going to start a fresh one.

• CavLT brutal. Yeah mine is less than a year so that would be nice, thanks for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4944 users online. 198 members and 4746 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X