X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have been automated
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• I got the same email today saying that my packet was sent to QEP and you probably won't hear anything back before the end of January due to the amount of applications they are going through.

Comment

• FLE Candidate
        FLE Candidate commented
        Editing a comment
        Same thing but another FLE job I accepted a TO for is still processing us so who knows?

• Has anyone sent an email to DOS to check the status of their application? If so, what email did you send your inquiry to? I passed the online assessment and submitted my documents but haven't received anything. I know it's a waiting game, but hearing that others received emails about QEP is making me wonder if I missed something.

Comment

• SPkid
        SPkid commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by SPkid; 02-05-2019, 11:23 PM.

• 8151/1801
        8151/1801 commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy SPkid, that has been my COA. Just checking..

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll get an email eventually. I woke up today expecting to get the routine email from a "wealthy prince from a foreign country wants to give you 10 million dollars, just give your personal information" email, and was pleasantly surprised to get the QEP email.

• 36thID
        36thID commented
        Editing a comment
        Same, got the email a few days ago, now just to hang in there for the long wait for BEX notifications

• From the DOS forum.

"We are still notifying those candidates who did not move forward to the Qualifications Evaluation Panel (QEP). As there are several thousand applicants, this will take some time. We are finishing up on the QEP process and once finished, will establish the cut score. Once that is completed, we will notify both those who will be moving forward to the Oral Assessments and those who will not be. Please note that our assessment cycle spans at least 6 to 9 months once we begin assessing based on the number of applicants invited."

Comment

• I received an email to schedule the test about 2 days before the deadline to register for it. I dont know why I received it so last minute; nothing was in my spam folder.

Anyways, test is scheduled at a local testing center. Prettt much the same rhetoric with all these federal LE jobs.

Goos luck.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoa there guy, there isn't a PFT for DSS. There is a Physical Readiness Test, it is self certified, and is submitted with the application. Unless something changed recently, there isn't a physical component associated with BEX. They haven't even finished the QEP part yet.

• Co0311
          Co0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          He might have posted on the wrong thread, since he doesn't have any other activity here. And so far, the PT test comes after the BEX. And I can't imagine DS using any sort of Pearson type testing center for anything. The questions they ask don't have generic A, B, C responses.
          Last edited by Co0311; 02-06-2019, 10:15 AM.

• Deathcrown
          Deathcrown commented
          Editing a comment
          There certainly IS a PFT for DSS. It comes after you pass the BEX and you're required to pass to continue on in the process. You'll take it at least 2 more times during BSAC as well.

• BP3
          BP3 commented
          Editing a comment
          My apologies guys, I was working when I hastily posted this. The email invite I received was to test for the FSOT (foreign service officer test). I think that is a separate test from the DSS SA test. I applied for DSS SA but received a FSOT invite, which is weird.

• Levithane, there's an official PRT at the end of the process. Once you get your security and medical clearances and pass through the Suitability Review Panel, you'll complete a PRT graded by DS. That's the last step before hitting the register.

Comment

• aspiring_fedDeathcrownCo0311 , thank you for correcting me. I was aware there's physical testing at BSAC. Where exactly does the PRT/PFT occur in the hiring process? Im asking because one person is saying its at the tail end after completing security, medical, and suitability. The other two say its right after BEX, so before the medical, security, and suitability?

Comment

• Deathcrown
            Deathcrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Aspiring_fed wrote the right order. I kind of lump everything together when I say "BEX" but that's not technically correct. The first PRT comes after you've passed all the other steps (BEX, medical, background, SRP, etc.) and is the last hurdle before you're placed on the register. You'll take another one soon after being hired.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for clarifying. DSS is the only agency where I haven't been able to find a detailed hiring process on their site. By detailed I mean an explanation of the timeline.
            Last edited by Levithane; Today, 01:58 PM. Reason: added content.

• Greetings, Team DSS!
          Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've recently been added to the Register and have seen that there may be a ghost register somewhere in the google sphere... Would it be possible to have someone/an admin PM me with info?

Thanks much. And a huge shout out to DSS-SA for being a huge help on this forum. Much appreciate all of the insights!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10574 users online. 338 members and 10236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X