300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LawyerHopeful View Post
    Now that I've passed the BEX, I'm starting to wonder about the background check. I'm confident that there is nothing there to be concerned about, but I'm wondering how long I can keep it from my current employer. Is this something that can be done without telling your current job now, or are they going to be contacted? I just don't want to burn any bridges so any insight would be much appreciated!
    I have had a clearance for my job for the last 12 years and every time I renew or upgrade, they contact every single name I put down. You may be able to float under the radar for another month or so. But I would think letting them know yourself would be better than them getting a phone call from an investigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• bureau of diplomatic security-opening

Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
          Is a SCI required in addition to the top secret clearance? If so, is that for all DS agents or only if necessary?

SCI eligibility is mandatory to be hired onto this job. You most likely will not need it in your field office tour, unless you do a TDY during that period. Every overseas assignment and a lot of DC jobs will require you to be read in. Once you are read in, you remain that way unlike the rest of the department who could be read in/out after each assignment change.

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Does DSS conduct the BI themselves or is it through OPM?

I asked the guy handling my security package and he said DSS does it themselves.

Comment

Does DSS conduct the BI themselves or is it through OPM?

Office of Personnel Security & Suitability is who handles the investigation.

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Was told that two of my contacts have been contacted for security clearance, and that no more would be needed. Somewhat surprising, but I won't exactly argue. Granted I have no skeletons in the closet, but would have expected it to take a few months at least with respect to references.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                        Was told that two of my contacts have been contacted for security clearance, and that no more would be needed. Somewhat surprising, but I won't exactly argue. Granted I have no skeletons in the closet, but would have expected it to take a few months at least with respect to references.
                        How long did it take for that notification from the time your security packet was submitted?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoJo View Post
                          How long did it take for that notification from the time your security packet was submitted?

So let me clarify, I didnt receive official notification that my BI was done. My reference called me and told me that my investigator told him he was the last one. Not exactly official, nor from the horse's mouth, but considering it came from my investigator, I'll take him at his word.

Now, to answer your question, I submitted my packet July 1st or so, so it has been a month.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the register is low or high these days?.....relative terms I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                              So let me clarify, I didnt receive official notification that my BI was done. My reference called me and told me that my investigator told him he was the last one. Not exactly official, nor from the horse's mouth, but considering it came from my investigator, I'll take him at his word.

Now, to answer your question, I submitted my packet July 1st or so, so it has been a month.
                              Did you have a meeting / interview with your BG investigator before they started contacting your references? I submitted by security packet this morning and am wondering if I need to go ahead and reach out to some of them.

Comment

Last edited by Apache82; 08-13-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5364 users online. 311 members and 5053 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X