300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLRapp18
    Thank you, that helps out a lot. I was also wondering about residency requirements. I know some police departments (mainly city or county PD's) require you to live within city limits or within jurisdiction in order to work for them, I probably already know the answer to this, but any such requirement with the USCP? Or can you pretty much live anywhere within the DC/VA/MD metro areas? Also, what about a motorcycle division? I know they have bicycle patrol b/c I did see that on their website, but I vaguly remember seeing a motorcycle patrol last time I was in DC. Does USCP have or still have motorcycle patrol, and what is required to get into that detail? Sorry for so many questions, but thank you for answering.

1. Live wherever you want

2. Motorcycles are in the Patrol Division...will take a couple years to get on them if you desire
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
      Ranking no longer applies where you go or what shift you get.
      It does if the number 1 recruit picks a shift and the last ranked person picks the same shift. There's no way the last ranked person would get it over them.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown
        It does if the number 1 recruit picks a shift and the last ranked person picks the same shift. There's no way the last ranked person would get it over them.

It does not matter now,before maybe but right now it does not...I will compare first and last for you right after Oct. 13th. Things have changed.

They have a wish list right now that goes right in the trashcan. Also i will mention that if you are a recruit that has recycled recruits in your class you can't finish above them in the rankings anyway. You could have 100% all the way thru and they could have an 80% and you will still finish #2 due to start dates.( seniority).
        Chiller
        My work is done here
        Last edited by Chiller; 10-03-2006, 05:12 AM.
        Just shut your damn hole

Comment

That's still the same as things were when I went through. Nothing different there. But if there are 2 people going for the same slot and that slot for shift is open, the higher ranked, being recycled or higher percentage, which ever is the case between the two, will get the slot. So standing in the class does matter, or it could be a Unioin issue.

And that wishlist is a joke. I agree with you there. Do they at least let you guys pick a division? Or are they still only letting you guys pick a shift?

Comment

Originally posted by manstown
            Do they at least let you guys pick a division? Or are they still only letting you guys pick a shift?

That's why I say it doesn't matter...we don't get to pick squat therefore it doesn't matter where you are.

No division,no shift,nothing.......u get your 3 wishlist picks and that's it
            Just shut your damn hole

Comment

new hires

anyone hear anything regarding the budget or the next class? i read somwhere that the budget is hung up in congress.

Comment

Originally posted by george4
                anyone hear anything regarding the budget or the next class? i read somwhere that the budget is hung up in congress.

Rumor of 48 coming in Jan.
                Just shut your damn hole

Comment

It's pretty solid

please delete
                  GoIrish04
                  Forum Member
                  Last edited by GoIrish04; 02-05-2010, 03:08 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

I know the funding was cut. I hope they have alot more go through then January and April. They have lost alot in the past couple months. I still talk to a couple friends and they are hurting. I know Congress has said they want more officers. But then thye go and cut funding. Politics!!!

Comment

What is the top pay for a USCP officer (no rank-under a Sgt)?

Comment

Divisions

You guys talk about picking divisions. What types of divisions are there?

Comment

after 5 weeks of waiting i decided to call my BI and check in. i was called back by a different officer who told me that according to their records i was a "no show" for my polygraph. i assured him that i will not soon forget that experience and that i did take the test. he told me to give him a week and get back to him. he was going to look for my file. the officer was very helpful. i wished i had called sooner. i have been giving myself heartburn for 5 weeks for nothing. i will find out more soon. good luck to those in the pipeline. potential for a class of 48 in january.

Comment

The divisions are broken down into, the House side, which has their shifts, the Capital, which has its shifts, and the Senate side, which has their shifts. That is one of the 3 you will go to out of the academy. And then there is the CVC, the Capital Visitors Center, which will fall under the Capital division I believe. Then there is FRU, First Responders Unit, which falls under the Capital, but is like its own entity. You could get that out of the Academy, but it would be hard because alot of people on the other divisions want to go there. It has 2 shifts, 7-3, 3-11. The other 8 hours are taken over by a Capital Division.

Comment

Manstown

FRU-2 out the academy for FTO then CVC-3 after the 4 weeks. Only 3 went to CVC.
                              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

USCP Divisions

Originally posted by bullet126
                                You guys talk about picking divisions. What types of divisions are there?
                                Divisions...hmm...well their all about the same... stand here... guard this, watch that. Not knocking by any stretch but just make sure you really know what you want and what your getting into !!!
                                "You guys really do have a quota to meet, don't ya"
                                "Actually ma'am I don't have a quota, I'm free to write as many citations as I'd like"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5495 users online. 312 members and 5183 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X