300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oig - Dcis

I have searched and havent found much. I am looking to get some info on Defense Criminal Investigation Service. I am looking to apply for 1811 in the DC area. Anyone have working knowledge of this position?

DCIS is an extremely difficult agency to get hired on with. They employ only about 300 special agents (1811s) in total. Most of the hiring is done through the ranks of current 1811's with other agencies. I have worked with them in the past, and its a great agency. They don't advertise openings on USAJobs, so you pretty much have to know someone in the right place at the right time to get hired. That and lately they have not been doing much hiring (as near as I can tell, it has been in the neighborhood of less than 10 agents per year). Again, a great agency, great mission/caseload/coworkers, but one of the harder 1811 shops to get on with.

Comment

thank you

for the reply. great info. Any current 1811s on board?

Comment

I am in contact with them on a monthy basis to see about vacancies. They just don't seem to have the funding. Or the openings for that matter.

Comment

They employ only about 300 special agents (1811s) in total.
          In our world that is a "huge" OIG.
          Last edited by FedIG; 08-10-2006, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FedIG
            In our world that is a "huge" OIG.
            Right. OIG staffing is a different animal. FAMS has thousands, secret service, ATF, ICE, USPIS, DEA, etc. as well. Then there is the 800lb gorilla (FBI) with over 10k 1811s

Comment

Dcis

Any DCIS agents on here?

Comment

Originally posted by bdc6196 View Post
                Any DCIS agents on here?
                Not that has posted on here in the past.......but there maybe one lurking.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9943 users online. 480 members and 9463 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X