Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will it take to complete this exam? I need to figure out if I can get off work for it.

Comment

Originally posted by usmcvet View Post
      How would you all rate the TEA compared to the FBI Phase 1 test? Which one is harder overall?
      TEA was way harder than Phase 1 with the FBI. Phase 1 is strange...almost feel like it is scored with flow charts and algorithms rather than black and white right/wrong. I can't explain it, you just gotta see it for yourself.
      Big Brother is watching

Comment

FBI Phase doesn't have math, so if you suck at math its much easier compared to TEA

Originally posted by usmcvet View Post
        How would you all rate the TEA compared to the FBI Phase 1 test? Which one is harder overall?

Comment

Originally posted by fanhood View Post
          How long will it take to complete this exam? I need to figure out if I can get off work for it.
          I took the TEA back in May. It took a little over 3 hours. Fortunately I had the day off from work. The math section was difficult.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I took the TEA back in May. It took a little over 3 hours. Fortunately I had the day off from work. The math section was difficult.
            Thanks.

I just started a new job, and I am not sure I can get time off considering I am in my initial training period. It probably would not go over well, if my employer knew they were just a filler job until I get hired as a FED.

Comment

I have a test date in approx. 2 weeks. Any suggestions? I've read reviews for several different study guides and they all seem to contain the same critics. Recommendations/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, if you have veteran's preference points, do they count towards your final test results (score)?
              Last edited by tnm78; 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Hey folks,
                Just wondering, if you have veteran's preference points, do they count towards your final test results (score)?

Comment

The USSS doesn't "score" the TEA. It is a non-competitive exam, and you only have to pass it. There is no ranking to be gained from the TEA, and if I remember right from my interviews, your vet points come up during the hiring panel.
                  Big Brother is watching

Comment

That's exactly what I needed to know, thanks Jarhead!

Comment

Quick question for those that have taken the test. Are the math questions all posed in a scenario based format (e.g. officer A is travelling at 65 mph, while his backup, officer B, is travelling at 70 mph, but is 8 miles further than officer A. Will they arrive at the same time?), or are some questions scenario, while others are straight up algebra formula (e.g. 3x +(9-10) = 40; solve for x)?

Comment

All,
                        For curiousity purposes, how (if possible) can we request our test results?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8419 users online. 335 members and 8084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X