• Show
Clear All

• whitjj72
    replied
    Silva23 What other ports were offered if you don’t mind sharing

Leave a comment:

• merlin436
    commented on 's reply
    It's article 2 of the NYS CPL that assigns peace officer status to federal Leo's. It's fairly comprehensive so I imagine most federal agencies are blanketed by the NYS statues.

Are far as feds enforcing state laws, it'll depend on circumstances and the agency willingness to do so. As a rule of thumb, most federal agencies leave state and local law enforcement up to state and local law enforcement agencies to enforce.

• Silva23
    commented on 's reply
    The process for me was about 18 months and they offer me other ports and it was not hard and not it was not my preferred location

• cam04
    commented on 's reply
    V_AntCBP I met with the investigator back in August. They’re talking about a poly I took for a different agency in 2014.

sory_ann yes, I took that poly in 2014 for a different agency and didn’t pass.
    This year, I took a poly for customs and did pass!

Levithane it’s actually something that I admitted to. They just want more info on it. No I didn’t commit a crime or do something illegal.

• Mike_lowrey
    commented on 's reply
    merlin436 thanks man your info is always accurate. Do you know is the same applies for other federal agencies ? ICE DEA FBI ATF etc?

• merlin436
    commented on 's reply
    Buffalo is a very large port. Large ports are seldom, if ever, "full". Now, as with many other things, hiring trends are influenced by many different shifting factors and circumstances...

• collapse
    commented on 's reply
    Issa holiday

• pissedoff
    replied
    I may of missed a deadline. I had till the 12th to fix an issue on my e-Qip and I was out of town. I got home on the 12th and I tried to log in e-Qip and I could not. So I e-mailed the person who is assigned my file to let him know I would miss the deadline and to let him know I could not log in. I have still not heard back from him. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin1234
    commented on 's reply
    You should get called in about a week for your EOD. I had my Polygraph Reciprocity approved, Drug Screening and Call for EOD all in one week. I think you'll be getting called soon, as well. Which duty Port you applied for? And which airport you working at with the TSA?

• whitjj72
    replied
    Silva23 how long was your process? I’m hoping Buffalo is still available when i get through my process, any idea if it’s hard to
    get in Buffalo? Was that your preferred location? Did they offer you other locations?

Any input would be great!

Leave a comment:

• MattyjayG
    commented on 's reply
    V_AntCBP I definitely understand! I don’t need her to prolong this anymore.

• merlin436
    commented on 's reply
    Usually, moderately difficult to impossible. There are different avenues to relocate depending on circumstances. Some are based on mostly seniority, some are based on largely cronyism and nepotism and some are based usually on luck.

• merlin436
    commented on 's reply
    CBPOs are peace officers under NYS law. Not that it holds much meaning to average CBP Officer in NYS. Very few CBPOs enforce any state law, anywhere.

• Mike_lowrey
    replied
    What is the difference between police officer and peace officer in the state of NY? In NY are CBP Officers given police officer or peace officer status?

Leave a comment:

• SpinyNorman83
    replied
    I am new to this forum and have been reading posts and comments over the past six months or so on the CBP/BPO process before deciding to join. I wanted to share my experience going through the process for those who are in the initial phase and for those who are somewhere in the process:

Job Announcement:
    CBPO DH GS9 18-6
    Applied: 05/2018
    Interview: 06/2018
    Fitness Test/Medical Exam: 06/2018? - Completed the initial medical exam and did the fitness test the same day and same location
    Medical: 07/2018 - 08/2019 (explain more in detail below)
    Polygraph: 10/03/2019
    Drug Test: 10/14/2019
    Background Review: TBD
    Final Offer Letter: TBD

A little about myself, I am a Army veteran (intelligence analyst), have a bachelors and masters degrees and I am currently working in the federal government. I have held a security clearance since my time in the Army and continue to keep it active in my current position within DHS/TSA (Department of Homeland Security/Transportation Security Administration). I applied to be a CPO to do something different other than intelligence work and have always strived to be in the criminal justice field. Although I have a masters degree and a security clearance, other federal agencies take as long to hire people to in order to hire the right candidates.

Anyway, the first 1/3 of the process (applying, interview, fitness/medical exam) went fairly quickly for me until I got to the in depth medical portion of the hiring process. For the veterans, what the job announcement does not tell you, is every disability you claimed in the military (disability rating), will need to be signed off by your doctor. Unfortunately, each disability has 5 pages your doctor will need to complete along with sending medical records on the disabilities. If the medical review panel finds something else in your medical records, for instance I sent medical paperwork on my thyroid and the medical people saw I had a cyst on my pancreas. So, the medial people wanted the doctor to sign off on another 5 pages just on a tiny pancreatic cyst. I probably emailed the medical people over 75 pages of information on my disabilities and each time I sent them more paperwork, the medical review personnel took approximately 2 months before they would email you back if they requested more medical paperwork. I had to take into consideration the amount of applicants that are applying, so I understand if medical takes longer than it should. The government shutdown last December also did not assist with getting further along in the process. Unless you a veteran with no disability rating, you may get through the process quicker than the rest of us who have received a disability rating from the Department of Veteran Affairs. It takes a minute to get an appointment with your VA doctor, so expect this part of the hiring process to be slow in the medical process if you are in the same boat as myself. I would suggest to those veterans who have not gotten to the medical portion, to have all your medical records ready.

I logged into the dashboard out of the blue (six weeks after last medical submission) to find out I was finally cleared by the medical officer. I never received any notification that I passed the medical portion and I was soon contacted about scheduling the polygraph through email. My current job does not allow me to have my cell phone with me while I am at my desk, so I am glad they had emailed. The building is sometimes hard to receive cell signal, but when I went to my polygraph exam, my polygrapher was very nice and explained the entire process. I found out the results before I left the building, which was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders when I was told I passed.

Today I was contacted to complete the drug test and scheduled the appointment for tomorrow afternoon. The only step left I have will be the completion of the background investigation. Unfortunately, CBP will know of my clearance level which may put me in a different area then the job announcement I applied for. So, the waiting game begins after tomorrow to find out what the next step will be. Since most of security clearance background was completed about 15 months ago or so, or maybe less, there shouldn't be much than to update my SF 86 with a trip to Canada for the day.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have and I will try to check this forum often. Hopefully this helps those who are still in the process or who are in the initial phases of the hiring process. I will try to come back and update when the drug test and background investigation are complete.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5336 users online. 272 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X