Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon
    commented on 's reply
    The polygraph and background are expensive, so they come later. Typically, once you finish the SI (or medical, whichever clears last), you'll be put on the waiting list for a poly. Once that clears, your background starts. You'll update the eQIP data again after the polygraph. It's a very long process... with the pandemonium affecting things, I think we'll be seeing application to EOD timelines approaching 24 months.

• Yshaban
    commented on 's reply
    AdamF2882 Damn that examiner is a dick for telling your friend he failed miserably how can he hold a federal position. I'll be taking mine in Newark as well I was just curious after I read someone post that. Is there a way to widen my poly location? I know newark is backed up and wondering if I can opt to travel to take the poly farther away.

• TsFost
    commented on 's reply
    Your investigation is one of the last things you'll be doing. With covid slowing down the process for people it's more of a hurry up and wait situation. PFT and medical will be the next things you'll hear about eventually along with an SI

• ZOak93
    replied
    Short question: I just finished my eQIP and was wondering once it’s submitted if they start doing other things like the PFT, Medical, Poly while the eQIP is being investigated or do I have to wait for that to clear before those other steps?

Leave a comment:

• merlin436
    commented on 's reply
    One set of my grandparents were immigrants. Much of CBP has a personal reference to immigration...especially those working land border ports. Most border communities have been inextricably interconnected, both north and south, especially under the lights of historical perspective.

The left likes to spin a narrative of an US society hostile to immigration and immigrants because immigration and law enforcement runs counter to the left's worldview of embracing illegality and dysfunction. The truth is that CBP, especially OFO, embraces diversity and eclectic backgrounds and experiences. If you and your extended family have no criminal history/security/terrorism concerns and zero problems as far as past immigration status issues, your family's immigrant past will not be viewed as a detriment and will likely be seen as an asset...especially if you are bilingual.

• ES90
    commented on 's reply
    I'm exaggerating, but I feel like half of my FLETC class had a parent or immediate family member who were still LPR. Don't worry about it and don't believe the media stories on anti-immigrant BS. Some of the best Officers I work with weren't even born in the US.

• stanford.west
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t think you should feed into and crap you hear. Just do the right thing and concentrate on what you can control. Don’t put down the process and don’t lose focus. Applying for this job ——- CBP doesn’t owe you anything, just make sure they know how they benefit from hiring you and the rest is up to the man upstairs. Good luck and stay outta trouble. #everyones process is different and don’t believe everything you hear on here.

• jfiguesilv94
    replied
    Hello, I'm a candidate for Gs-7 CBPO. There is something concerning me.

In the background investigation guideline, it's stated that the purpose of it is to see who's trustworthy and less vulnerable to coercion and such. I'm the son of emigrants. They all came to the U.S legally and became U.S citizens, they own businesses and contribute to the country with their taxes of course and have never been involved in Criminal acts.

I just feel like due to the bad image/stereotype regarding emigrants I can be put in doubt during the Investigation because they might think I have split loyalties, which I don't. I was born a U.S citizen, and have a strong desire to serve my country above all.

Leave a comment:

• SheepDogg
    commented on 's reply
    TsFost Understood. Well if you hear more please keep us posted.

• TsFost
    commented on 's reply
    Sheepdog who knows to be honest. Nothing is even set in stone officially just yet for any of it. Literally it could change tomorrow and again the next day. Hopefully come Tue we will hear more.

• SheepDogg
    commented on 's reply
    TsFost Silva23 Any word or idea about when class 533 would be heading to FLETC??

• nonotnow
    commented on 's reply
    Funny as I just talked to my coworker who failed the poly out of Newark. Hes also an idiot and failed the SI first go around.

• merlin436
    commented on 's reply
    Yep...since July of 2008.

• CBPO-DFW
    replied
    Is CBP currently a 12(d) covered position?

Leave a comment:

• invertedPanda
    commented on 's reply
    The sessions that are closest to graduating are being told to be ready to report with less than a week's notice. There is still no official word, it's all just rumor still. DHS Sec still hasn't signed off on the official reopening as of Friday at 1400 hours.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6151 users online. 347 members and 5804 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X