Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barnes14
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2014

Leather luster for boots that stay shiny with minimal maintenance. Though, they only inspect you or look at the boots during the 1st 2 weeks then at the end. You won't have to worry about military creases, shirt stays or much of similar things.

Comment

• Cxp1137
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2019

Wow I eod April 28th FLETC May 13th really hoping this virus doesn’t delay my process plan on giving my job a 2 week notice the first week of April

Comment

• ProtoCBP
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2020

My job just informed half of the employees at the branch will not be working until at least April 6 and they stated that we could use any choice time for PTO, but that when that runs out we could file for unemployment. I am currently set to EOD in June. Would filling for unemployment affect my status with CBP?
        Last edited by ProtoCBP; 03-18-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I doubt it. Just report it to the relevant background/investigative people.

• Flapeeps
          Flapeeps commented
          Editing a comment
          It shouldnt. Your benefits will end the day before you EOD. At least thats how it works here in Florida
          Last edited by Flapeeps; 03-19-2020, 03:01 AM.
      • Rmodel1965
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2015

First confirmed case for people waiting to go to fletc in case they change how things are going

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I already got my FLETC cancelled email yesterday. I talked to my POC at my new duty station and he said FLETC being down does not change EODs and I'm expected next week as planned. What happens after that 2 weeks is up in the air but I'll keep people up to date as I go if FLETC hasn't reopened to new classes by then.

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sucks. We have a second conformation of a case in glynn county now.
      • Leon0215
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

any of you been thru the process for more than 2 yrs have to redo the initial medical process?

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you complete medical? They may need redo it possibly expired.

• Leon0215
          Leon0215 commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 drug test is my next step but my initial medical was in 2017
      • StevenMal
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2019

Announcement 19-4
        Applied 2-19-2019
        EQip-3/26/2019
        Fitness 1- 5/20/2019
        Medical - Pending

3-11-2019 I submitted my Medical. 6-19-2019 CBP requests more info on medical. I take anxiety medicine that suppress cognitive thinking even though I’m fine with completing multiple tasks had to see a psychologist to see if I’m mentally cleared . 6-28-2019 Psychologist sends documents to clear me. 8-6-2019 CBP requires more medical info on my mitral valve prolapse requires a Echo and Heart history. This condition doesn’t hinder me in any way. 9/10/2019 Cardiologist sends results. I haven’t heard anything till about now when I contacted recruiter. She adv It recently completed medical officer review (1/16/20) and moved back to Nurse Review (1/24/20). BI is open. Last touch 12/19/19.
        Currently standing at 38% complete...

Comment

• QJSBlue
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2020

I hope everyone is staying safe and well. I’ve been following this forum for a while. I finally decided to sign up and now I’m able to post =) Here’s my journey with the process:

6/24/19 - Applied

7/3/19 - Referred to hiring manager

7/3/19 - Tentative job offer

7/9/19 - Applicant ID received

7/12/19 - Medical

8/5/19 - PFT1 (Passed)

8/20/19 - Medical documentation requested

8/21/19 - SI (Passed)

9/10/19 - e-QIP submitted to OPR

9/19/19 - Medical documentation submitted

9/27/19 - Additional medical documentation requested

10/27-19 - Additional medical documentation submitted

1/3/20- Medical cleared

2/14/20 - Notified for polygraph scheduling

3/12/20 - Polygraph - tentative pass

3/17/20 - Informed that the polygraph was successfully completed and my application was being forwarded to the next step in the hiring process

3/18/20 - Assigned new case manager, asked to recertify e-QIP

Comment

• Maggie718
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2020

Hi everyone, I’ve been following the forum for some time now but finally decided to vent (signup)with you all ) Anyhow I’m a 19-3 DH and still at 50% I applied Feb 2019, been waiting to get scheduled for the poly for almost 8 months now. My neighbor, someone I went to school with, has been working with cbp for some years now, bumped into him this week and he said that it’s normal to wait this long aaaaand, with everything that’s going on, scheduling for poly examinations are being delayed....which sucks cause I just want to know if I’m getting in or not, that way I can make other career decisions. This waiting game is brutal. I also called and was told that the wait time for the poly depends on the location you requested. I guess I requested the location with the longest waitlist...... fingers crossed for all of us who are still waiting for an email/call.
            Last edited by Maggie718; 03-20-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Its true, the process can be brutal for many people, I waited 50 weeks for poly ... my whole process was 2 years plus...Just have to hang in there and hope for the best... Maggie718 where did you requested? JFK or EWR?

• Maggie718
              Maggie718 commented
              Editing a comment
              corsair 53 weeks is a long time!! Where did you request to take the poly?

• Maggie718
              Maggie718 commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP oh gosh 2 years is a long time. I hope I don’t have to wait that long. I requested to get the poly done in San Diego. I was trying to change the location to get it done sooner but I don’t think it’s possible.

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              Maggie718 Newark for my poly
          • ILNDmachine24/7
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2019

Hey guys and gals is normal to wait a week plus a day for DT results to be posted on CASS. I took it last Thursday am concerned if this happened to others in the process. All comments are appreciated.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              relax...its normal...if you don't smoke or use anything...nothing to worry about...you are done with the process pretty much...research on locations and wait for the call now bro...
          • invertedPanda
            Forum Member
            • May 2014

FLETC is officially shutting down. Sessions are being sent home.
            Last edited by invertedPanda; 03-20-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• raudy06
              FLEOD06
              • Jun 2013

in case yall didn't know ( which most Should know by now) we are being sent home until further notice. ☹️
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• TsFost
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2018

So today I got a call from CBP HR about my EOD and FLETC dates. Ever since I heard FLETC shut down and classes were halted I was worried EODs would be pushed back. However my fears were for nothing it seems. My EOD is 100% still happening on the 30th. I was told that I would be doing pre-academy work until FLETC starts back up however long that will end up being. I hope that also helps out others who might be worried with upcoming EODs.

Comment

• merlin436
                  merlin436 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I had to bet, I'd bet that there are some serious logistical problems with a person doing pre-academy in another port...as a rule of thumb. That's not to say that it never happens...but only rarely, in specific circumstances and at the benefit of the agency.

But...should this course of events take up months and people are locked into spinning their wheels awaiting a resolution, maybe something might be arranged to lessen the burden on new hires.

• TsFost
                  TsFost commented
                  Editing a comment
                  merlin436 well logistics aside I was offered my local port for pre-academy if I wanted it, then go to my actual POE after FLETC.

• merlin436
                  merlin436 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @TsFost

Well...that puts an end to the real reason that there's a lengthy pre-academy to begin with...forcing new hires into familiarization with the port and locality while at pre-academy and limiting the chances and costs of a new hire graduating from FLETC just to quit his location after a few days/ weeks post-academy.

We might as well jump to the BP way of doing things...bring in a new hire 2-3 days prior to shipping off to FLETC

• TsFost
                  TsFost commented
                  Editing a comment
                  merlin436 honestly I could care less if you like how they are doing it or not. They gave me the option to save lots of money due to having an extended pre academy and I'm going to take it. I'm more then happy to move to TX which is why I chose it even though I had a general app as well with lots of other options besides the SWB. So after FLETC I'll be off to my own POE and that will be that.
              • mike2010
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2020

First time posting on here... current CBP candidate. Just heard this morning that I passed the interview, also actively working with CBP HR to edit my EQIP and submit it. Postponed my medical because of LASIK but everything seems to be slowed down because of COVID ( I was one of the last interview before they put everything on hold... as what I was told)

Comment

• Maggie718
                  Maggie718 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats on passing the interview. I was the first to get interviewed from a group of 20....and man I was excited to know I passed, so I bet you are too. Congrats again and good luck with the rest of your process.
              • SPX
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2015

Sorry to hear FLETC is shutting down... does that mean the wait for people in the process are also getting delayed?

I got an e-mail from my recruiter 2 weeks ago saying that "within the next few weeks" I should be getting a call to schedule a polygraph but nothing so far.

Comment

• Maggie718
                  Maggie718 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SPX I too have the poly, BI, and drug test left....and I was told the process would be delayed but I’m hoping it’s not.

• corsair
                  corsair commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Our timelines/progress are almost identical

• Maggie718
                  Maggie718 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes!! I hope this virus doesn’t interrupt our process and we get that call/email. My neighbor said he would find out what’s going on cause he has a buddy in the poly department, but said he can’t promise anything, but once I find out I’ll let you know.
              • Rubicon
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2019

CBPO 19-9/GS-7. Verbal pass from poly on 3/18.

FYI to Newark folks, they have tiny lockers in the office for your phone/smartwatch. You don't have to leave them in your car like I did.

Comment

• corsair
                  corsair commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll never understand how I'm 19-4 Newark and still waiting. I didnt have a single holdup and completed everything immediately without delaying any of my dates.

• Rubicon
                  Rubicon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There were 3 others testing, too. I think one of them applied after me, and one applied in 2017 (had some weird processing issues). It may be entirely at random, from a bingo machine.

• RB7744
                  RB7744 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im 19-5 seeking EWR, zero holdups on anything at all... STILL no poly, dont get it...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18879 users online. 39 members and 18840 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...