Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA_Ed
    Fight On!
    • Jan 2018

My progress remains @ 50% and the polygraph/BI are still pending - I hope this is a good sign and a step in the right direction
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-18-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Jamesv90
      Jamesv90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you already taken the polygraph? My app was the same except i went back down to 38% because my Eqip went from Blue to white. Its been about 3 weeks since I've taken the polygraph and no word yet.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not, I am awaiting a polygraph invite Jamesv90
      Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-19-2019, 09:10 PM.
  • spd2008
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2008

Thanks for the info on the academy... Nice to hear, done with e erutgibg waiting on drug test and the call, just cleared BI after 8 Months

Comment

• spd2008
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2008

What's the Pending mean, versus in progress?

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really much, if nothing

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know what it means but like to inform that my CASS app for Background went Blue and back in progress. Hopefully the polygraph gets scheduled soon but seems like Northeast is so back logged from what I can see while reading through the forum lately.
    • Yvanross11
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2019

Deleted comment
      Last edited by Yvanross11; 12-19-2019, 06:58 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• Rubicon
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

19-9 here... Just received scheduling notice that my poly will be next month. My SI was in July, medical cleared in August.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats your moving along quickly.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats Rubicon nicely moved. Are you a vet or something?

• zTiger
          zTiger commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 19-9 too same stats hopefully ill get one too, congrats on that luck! Whats your location?

• Rubicon
          Rubicon commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP nope, just an average guy. I read in another post that FLETC is scrambling to get ready for a heavier student volume, so perhaps this is good news for all of us waiting.
          zTiger northern Delaware. Hope you hear back soon!
      • V_AntCBP
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2018

18-8, 2 apps back on cass. background back to in progress.. And the wait continues....wohoo
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-19-2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• antoniojeff808
          antoniojeff808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Roger dodger...
          Probably thas why u have 2 apps showing but different organizations I'm assuming. Coz i only have 2 apps for OFO.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thought we are not allowed to have 2 cbpo apps no more, only 1 allowed. They took my 19-2 off saying they wanted to streamline the process or whatever but they still honor the locations on 19-2 I applied. How do you have 2 cbpo apps? antoniojeff808 what are they? Vra, DH?
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-19-2019, 09:56 PM.

• antoniojeff808
          antoniojeff808 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do have both cbpo. First one was a direct hire, at Otay Mesa. then the recent one is a regular hire, LAX, which i applied for other than SWB. They offered me LAX, which i chose

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          antoniojeff808 damn man, I did have a DH and a Regular like you, but they deleted 1 app "because they want to streamline the process"... How the heck you still have 2 going.... lol... I hope they honor the locations on the 19-2 I applied because they have 2 locations I wanted.....
      • Yvanross11
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2019

Guys. I am trying to understand the difference in VRA, and direct hire in its entirety. Like broken down as much. Which one has the fastest hiring process and which one may be better, etc. I am currently in the process of BPA direct hire and CBPO vra. Thinking about applying for BPA vra but I’m not sure if it’s the best idea or would I have to start all over. I have already completed my poly, which seems to be what everyone has a hard time scheduling. Please, any help would be appreciated by me and any one else who wants those answers. -thanks
        v/r
        Last edited by Yvanross11; 12-19-2019, 11:15 PM. Reason: Errors

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          VRA applicant is supposed to move faster than DH and you are coming in as GS9 if you are qualified for experienced requirement. But i dont believe that so much, some actually did move faster but most waited just like others. The most real benefit of VRA that I can see is they can most likely have their own desired port. If no position opened at the desired port, they will call and try to have a spot opened for you.... DH is supposed to go faster than Regular and you are going to swb locations (AZ, CA, TX) for sure, but I don't believe that either, lol, I'm a DH and 19 months in already with no medical or Eqip issues so... Yvanross11
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 05:57 AM.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a big initiative right now by CBP to hire vets. Yes, the process can be much faster than a regular or DH applicant if things are aligned. I.e, already possess a clearance granted by a Tier 5 SSBI, and waive the Poly. Don’t take timelines on this forum as gospel because it is only a small portion of the applicant pool. They are most certainly doing what they can to hire vets and get them into FLETC.

As for a benefit? You can request any port in the continental US when you get the call. Will you get it? I don’t have the encompassing knowledge to answer that one way or another; but I will say that everyone I know personally got their specific choice of port.

As a VRA applicant you will be subjected to a 2 year probation versus the 1 year probation that comes with DH or Regular, but as long as you aren’t a criminal I have been told it’s nothing to worry about.
          Last edited by showtime15; 12-20-2019, 08:58 PM.
      • spd2008
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2008

Dang... I'm a year and a half and I have it all done but medical still not cleared as a VRA. They seem hell bent on picking every little thing. So just trying get that they need and keep going.

Comment

• Vairon89
          Vairon89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here waiting on an waiver. Its suck to be waiting. People who really want to be CBP have to wait this long
      • V_AntCBP
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2018

18-8, wooooohoooo just checked CASS.. background completed....found suitable.... damn whats a Christmas gift.....I just jumped up and down at work....hahaha... damn whats a good Friday.... I literally checking Cass every few hours waiting for this...
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks 210CBPO. To be honest, I don't know where I want to go yet, lol, I was thinking 1 Orlando, 2 Dallas, 3 Seattle, 4 jfk or Newark... I'm pretty much opened for all airports I guess... How about you? Where do you want to go?

• 210CBPO
          210CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, best of luck! Are you VRA? Im trying to get Laredo. Im assuming my DT is taking long bc there's no announcement for Laredo. Idk.

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP when was your field portion completed and submitted?

• NachoLaw
          NachoLaw commented
          Editing a comment
          18-10 here. When did you first apply? I started the application process back in July 2018. All that is needed is BI and DT. CONGRATS on being found suitable. Hope you get what you want.
      • spd2008
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2008

That's awesome... I have all that done as well, just waiting on them clear my medical and the call.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          How long you been waiting on medical review? spd2008 depend on what the medical issue is.....could be as fast as few weeks...to months....hope it wont be long for you man
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 12:50 PM.

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah my medical cleared in 2 days. So it depends on many factors. Good luck
      • nickg317
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

19-4 here.

Looking for any pros/cons/insight to working at JFK vs Newark. Overtime, shifts, work-life balance, opportunities for special teams/units. Really torn on what location to choose. Live on long island right now but considering a move to jersey.

Also, i know Newark has a seaport, how does that work? Would i be able to specifically choose Newark Seaport? Or is it just Newark in general and i get placed at either the airport or seaport? Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well...having worked neither port I do know that Newark is a large port...and JFK is significantly larger.

As a rule of thumb, more minor work units attached to major ports are assigned by seniority through a bid process. I don't know for certain, but I imagine that Newark's seaport operations positions are filled by seniority.
      • whitjj72
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2011

thelonelybum how do you know when your packet was last touched?

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          after my polygraph cleared and I started my background, a supervisor contacted me and I asked him later down the line if he had any info in regards to where my background was. I told him that I asked my background investigators and he told me to contact my supervisor who asked for the clearance.
      • thelonelybum
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2018

For those curious how I got the info on my background.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who did you contact ?? Your case manager ?? The one that emailed you about your Equiip
      • spd2008
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2008

I applied under VRA and put down all the medical stuff from the army.... Well that has bit me in the *** because they junling down every rabbit hole wanting to know about this and that etc.... I have to give them blood pressure readings, color vision test, and cpap compliance report for last thirty days and should be it. Meanwhile already had poly and passed and got a mail saying BI was cleared and suitable. So these three things and hope for the drug test and call.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Medical review has lot of Vra hung up waiting, you are going as gs9 but man, some medical wait like a year plus, so in the end, it's the same as gs 5 gs7 going in , the only good thing about Vra is you can request your desired port. Other than that,in my opinion nothing good about it.... Lol. Which port you want to get?
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 12-20-2019, 06:49 PM.

• Yvanross11
          Yvanross11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice bro. I have to put down all my stuff from the military as well... it’s a real pain... and the deadlines are soo short

• Vairon89
          Vairon89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Damm u got luck cuaz i applied August 2018 and i am still waiting to clear my medical
      • TsFost
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2018

BI finally changed in CASS from Pending back to In Progress. Not sure if that means anything other then the glitching is finished with for now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19582 users online. 59 members and 19523 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...