Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2015

Anyone having trouble with the CASS? Says I have no active application... I can still see my notification history on the top right though.

I was 19-2 @50% waiting on a polygraph date. Is this a glitch on their system that happens?

edit: Nevermind I guess CASS was having problems. My application is back.
    Last edited by SPX; 09-03-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 19-2 for JFK and I just checked my CASS all is fine. My guess it’s a glitch. I feel you I’m at 50% awaiting to be scheduled for the poly exam. I guess the wait continues.

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, just a glitch. Mine disappeared for a few hours not long after I got the call, and it came back. It might even be something on HR's side that they do that triggers it, who knows. Unless you receive an email that says "thanks but no thanks," I wouldn't worry.

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it was down, my application is back.
  • MrAce
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

How long does it usually take to get Polly results after taking it?

Comment

• barnes14
      barnes14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Week and a half

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      2 days for me MrAce after 2 weeks, you could send examiner a follow up email,

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      MrAce first time a week. Second time 3 days

• BeachGirl670
      BeachGirl670 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my results after 2 days.
  • barnes14
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2014

Best place to stay for pre-academy near San Luis AZ?

Comment

• barnes14
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2014

Is there not a Fletc calendar for class starting/ending dates? Im supposed to be there Nov 7 but since the September class is cancelled, I bet mine will be pushed back and would love to plan a timeframe of the next one in case that happens.

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, there are multiple CBP classes at FLETC at any given time so threre's no hard and fast schedule. FLETC was down nearly a month last hurricane and took almost another month to get new classes rolling in.
    • SpenserJ9
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

Does anyone know if theres a gap between pre academy and the academy? I'd like to take my car to FLETC, but not sure if I'll have any time before. I EOD November 15th and my FLETC is december 2nd.

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        You usually get one travel day and can take annual if you want more time.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        You might get your port to adjust your schedule to give you your "weekend" off prior to your travel day. If they're willing to work with you, that'll give you three days to travel. If they're really nice and you're traveling from afar, maybe they'll throw in an extra travel day as well. Don't count on your port being accommodating...but the odd port is...sometimes.
    • Turboboigti
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

Guys I need your opinions regarding moving to Maine.
      I am in North Jersey and thinking to move out of here and move to Maine.
      What do you guys think?

Comment

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        @tirboboigti yeah I think that Border Crossing pays more, not 100% sure tho. Yeah just keep in mind there’s a lot of nice places to stay but not to live.

• Turffs18
        Turffs18 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can answer any questions you may have. Most border crossings up here are extremely secluded and literally no towns or cities near by. Closet Walmart is over an hour away in some cases if that puts things into perspective. Pm me if you have an specific questions

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce Turffs18 Thanks guys, so it is basically just like the southern border, just different terrain.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @turboboigti

The NB offers less law enforcement work than the SB. Usually, smaller ports, most often less money available. More facilitation of trade and travel.

On the other hand, Canada is a far better and healthier country than Mexico.
    • flyingdolphin
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by flyingdolphin
      Hello everyone, this is my journey so far.

8/12/19: Applied GS-9 19-11 both regular and Direct Hire
      (seems like direct hire is moving forward faster)
      8/19/19: Tentative offer accepted
      8/20/19: EQIP started
      8/21/19 EQIP submitted
      8/22/19 EQIP submitted to OPR
      8/23/19 Went to get Medical
      8/29/19 SI and fingerprints
      9/3/19 Schedule fitness passed (Had it earlier wanted time to prepare)
      Polygraph: Pending
      BI: In progress
      Passed my Fitness

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on passing, every step completed feels amazing. Are you at 50%? or still waiting on the wonderful medical part.
    • flyingdolphin
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2019

BowMan2006 currently at 25%
      equip check
      medical passed but not cleared
      fitness passed not cleared
      SI cleared
      Maybe end of this week

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, almost to the waiting line.
    • Countryrunner
      Forum Member
      • May 2018

Been trying to call TSU all day to accept my offer, but no one is answering. Will they call me back or should I just keep calling for the 17th time?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you received the call? Im waiting on my DT to cleared since last tuesday

• Countryrunner
        Countryrunner commented
        Editing a comment
        I left two messages..got the call Friday, but they said since it's a weekend and then a holiday that I had until today.

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did it took to get the call after going to the DT?

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same issue when I got the final offer and was told to call back within 48 hours..... you can find it a couple pages back in this forum.

Long story short. I left several messages within the 48 hour window. I got called back like 72 - 96 hours later and they asked me for my answer then.
    • Hal29
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

merlin436 In Idaho or Montana, are those poe's or airports or both?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I do have one more question? I looked under the opr salary chart. I could not find Montana. What would it fall under? Area, region? Trying to get an idea of the pay as Merlin said it is less. Seeing if it is even worth as Montana is a pretty expensive state. Looks like I may have to go further west, South West like new Mexico or Arizona if that's the case. I want quality of life, but don't want to be broke at the same time.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29, the authorities are the same across OFO... however, the politics of the Port Manager may differ in how procedure is done. My buddy out of Nogales says that the NY CBPO's that come down for TDY (temporary duty) freak out at the standards of procedure there vice what happens in NY. Example would be the removing of suspected individuals from cars and handcuffing while determining identification based on common name hit in system.

Depending on the schedule of my future port, I plan on taking a TDY or two down to the SWB to see the difference and pick up additional experience and tools for the toolbox.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of the contraband crossing the NB comes through between ports of entry.

Montana, like the majority of the north border and probably the majority of OFO, falls under Rest of US pay.

TDY opportunities and availability are highly port and situationally specific. Especially for desirable TDYs.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're chasing money a good rule of thumb is that the SB, larger ports and more influential ports have the most money and opportunity. On the NB, if it's not on an Interstate, if it's not a 24 hour port...it's probably limited to notably limited in what is available for opportunities and the ease of that availability.
    • headphones1225
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

Would I be disqualified for 20/200 uncorrected?

Comment

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was. But I know they go by a case by case basis. For instance, there was some guy on this thread a couple of months back that said he had 20/300 vision and he was in the academy. So, as of right now there really isn't a clear answer, but hopefully it turns out well for you!

• 2ndGenFed
        2ndGenFed commented
        Editing a comment
        There's really no concrete answer other than that it's a case by case decision. The "deciding factors" are unknown to everyone. Your vision isn't as bad as mine was. I was 20/400 and got Lasik 07/19/2019. I'm waiting for my 90 days post Op before resubmitting a new vision assessment. I was never disqualified. Instead, I was proactive and got it done. I'm seeing 20/15 now. Just to give you an idea that you're not alone on all of this. The vision disqualification is a very grey area.
        Sorry, to not have better information for you.

• headphones1225
        headphones1225 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Thanks for the replies. I was 20/100 for my original medical and had to go back for depth perception and the optometrist put down 20/200 on the further evaluation sheet.
    • zombiemap
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2014

Hey guys, I had my structural interview Sept 5th of last year. Do you think I will be scheduled for polygraph soon? Its going to be one year.

Comment

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        I am what do you guys think?

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Defiantly soon. I feel like you are an undercover poligrapher Lol

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah soon man zombiemap hang in there, I had to wait 50 weeks for my poly...

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce i wish bro, so i didnt have to take it hahah and thanks V_AntCBP
    • flyingdolphin
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2019

BowMan2006 yeah, hows ur process?

Comment

• BowMan2006
        BowMan2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        I completed my SI on July 9th. But only last week did my eqip get sent up and I am now sitting at 50%. Should be about 10 more months before I hear about the polygraph which is ok.
    • headphones1225
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2019

Last edited by headphones1225; 09-03-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• SPX
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2015

Been waiting 7 months after my SI for a polygraph date. I was wondering if applying for Direct Hire will speed up my process?

Also if I apply for Direct Hire will everything transfer over? Will I have both applications on file? Or does the Direct Hire overwrite my previous application?

Do I have to retake anything? Written, PFT1 etc?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          If you took Entrance after August 5 2018, Everything would transfer over. If not, you just need to take retake entrance, You will have both applications on Cass. In my opinion, having DH won't speed up process. SPX I have both and waited 50 weeks for poly.
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 09-04-2019, 10:02 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20647 users online. 56 members and 20591 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...