Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camtheman77
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2014

R89 I have a VA rating and I have been dealing with medical since september of last year. This whole process is extremely frustrating. I am waiting for my background to be adjudicated and my medical to be greenlit so that I can be hired and beg to be put at Long Beach Seaport

Comment

• ABNRGN18
      ABNRGN18 commented
      Editing a comment
      What rating ? Any ptsd? Or sleep apnea or things like that ? I also got a rating however I have full range of motion and all my rates injuries

• camtheman77
      camtheman77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Im not going to but my stuff out there but its above 50%, and I was a line medic who got blown up lol so ill just put that out there. I really dont have any symptoms that interfere with the job though, and I got medical documentation saying that.

• R89
      R89 commented
      Editing a comment
      camtheman77 I sent you a PM with more of an explanation, because i didn’t want to put all my stuff out here either.
      Dang, that’s a long time to be dealing with medical, I can’t believe it takes that long. Guess it’s even longer since we have a rating from the VA. Have you done any other parts of the hiring process? I’m under the understanding that medical has to be cleared to do poly.

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I got 70% disability and with depression my va doc sign off and medical cleared me. Hopefully i gave yall hope
  • NYJRM10
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2013

Hi folks. I recently withdrew my 19.2 app at the BI phase as I accepted a local leo offer. Moving forward, if I ever wanted to reapply, I know the SI is good for 3 years but med and PFT is 1 year correct? Regarding med, is it 1 year from when you had your exam or from when med actually cleared med review? Thanks!

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I only had to do the pft. I believe poly and medical is good for 2 years.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Out of curiosity why didn't you keep the application active with the anticipation of reapplying? The process assuming you haven't even hit poly would take another year if i had to guess.

• NYJRM10
      NYJRM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Two reasons went into the decision. The first was that the port selected on my application was no longer realistic due to the cost of living. It wouldn't be possible to relocate there any longer.

The second reason, and the primary reason, was that I ran the risk of having a BI reach out to my CO's before I even graduated the academy. That would not be a good look and in the event I did not get an offer from CBP, I know there would be many unhappy with that.

The port I want is still on the August posting so I'm contemplating just resubmitting another app for that and allowing my previous milestones to transfer.

• Albax0385
      Albax0385 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you Withdraw your application?
  • Hal29
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

Hey guys does anyone have an email for the polygraph unit? If anyone does that would be greatly appreciated. See I took and passed my poly back in May of 2018. I reapplied in May of this year. Everything transferred over but poly. I'm just trying to see what the hold up is seeing I already passed it. Thanks.

Comment

• Krash777
      • Nov 2017

MrAce Im 17-10 with an academy date of this sept. It was a long process and there is no cookie cutting hiring track. It is a large fed agency and there are tons of moving parts. Just be patient and I would contact your area recruiter and he can look you up to see what’s going on ( that’s what I did) He will likely tell you it’s just a waiting game but he could see if there is an issue.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2019

@ 19-2 announcement for JFK port. Just wondering if anyone received a call or email about polygraph exam. I am in 16 plus weeks from SI. Any feedback or thoughts.

Comment

• Ix360xI
          Ix360xI commented
          Editing a comment
          Why such a long wait? Isn’t JFK supposed to be a big port?

• jjsince97
          jjsince97 commented
          Editing a comment
          Had my SI in June . From what it looks like is that theres a lot of people waiting for their poly right now and they are backed up from the shutdown. My friend had her SI in February and still no call! Everything else prior to the poly is complete. **** sucks.

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          Each poly session is like 5 hours long, very few examiners and hundreds if not thousands of applicants in NY/NJ area. I would not be surprised if one examiner does 6-8 polygraphs a week.

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          NYC area is loaded with applicants as I was told by a CBPO at my interview. Expect to wait 6 months I except to have a poly date myself by December or January. Hope to see you all on board.
      • showtime15
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2019

CBPO VRA GS-9 19-8
        NOR: 5/14/2019
        Exam: Waived
        PFT1: 06/04/2019 Reciprocity for Air Force test
        SI: 6/11/2019
        EQIP: Green from previous BPA VRA 19-3 (Submitted to OPR 03/29/2019)
        Med: 3/18/2019 under BPA 19-3 - additional vision information needed/green 06/03/2019
        Poly: Waived
        BI: Suitable on 07/25/2019
        Drug Test: Took 07/30/2019
        Request for official transcripts/referred to TSU: 07/30/2019
        The Call: ??

Hoping to leverage the VRA announcement to get Houston, we'll see how that goes.

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          MattCBP it isn't green, it's been pending the whole process - the email I received said to just keep the waiver on hand in case I was contacted.

• TheArcher
          TheArcher commented
          Editing a comment
          MattCBP Pardon, but what is CASS?

• jvitela24
          jvitela24 commented
          Editing a comment
          My Poly is getting waived too since I got a passing one last year from BPA. Since we don't have to do the Poly does our application jump straight to the background check with an investigator? Haven't heard anything since I passed my SI back in 5/23/19

• Stevent518
          Stevent518 commented
          Editing a comment
          TheArcher it’s an app you can download to track your progress of the whole hiring process
      • TheArcher
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2019

CBPO VRA GS-5 19-10
        Applied - 7/22/2019
        Entrance Exam results - 7/30/19
        Tentative job offer - 7/31/2019

What comes next? I've got an application for Border Patrol also, the CBP seems to be moving much faster.

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          should be getting an email to start working on your EQIP, and emails to set medical or PT test.
      • Keee562
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2019

GS9 LAX 19-6
        finally got my polygraph date
        August 6th 2019

Comment

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where you at in the process

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          Keee562 i am at 50% now. i am waiting for my polygraph to be scheduled.

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should be getting a call soon. I’m at 50% too

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Original Announcement 18-12 GS9
          Reapplied to Announcement 19-6 GS-9
          Appiled: March 2019
          Fitness Exam: Completed September 2018
          Euip Sent to OPR: April 2019
          Medical Exam: Completed May 2019
          Structured Interview: Completed September 2018
          PolygraphPending) was told to get a call next month been waiting since April
          Background InvestigationIn Progress)
          Drug TestIn Progress)
          Final OfferPending)

CBP Background Investigation Unit number:‭(952) 857-2914‬
      • pnw360
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2015

Didn't pass my polygraph. I'm a Vet with a security clearance. To say I'm disappointed would be accurate. I thought this was gonna be the job for me.

Says I can reapply in 2 years. Is that 2 years from when I first applied or from when I took the poly?

Comment

• TheArcher
          TheArcher commented
          Editing a comment
          pnw360 what happened man? Get too nervous or something?

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          pnw360 I’m sorry to hear that. They didn’t even give you an option to retake it? I would go see if you can try to appeal it.

• Hou33guy
          Hou33guy commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 you can't appeal it

• pnw360
          pnw360 commented
          Editing a comment
          TheArcher no more nervous than anybody else would be. He was convinced that I was lying about something.
      • Stevent518
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2019

Is the drug test separate from the medical? I had to pee in a cup during my medical when I took it a month or so ago. Or is the drug test portion a separate process altogether?

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Drug test is the last step so yes is separate. idk why they had you pee in a cup during medical.
      • pnw360
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Stevent518
        Is the drug test separate from the medical? I had to pee in a cup during my medical when I took it a month or so ago. Or is the drug test portion a separate process altogether?
        Yes. **** test during the medical is for health stuff.

Comment

• obek-kobe17
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2017

Hey, I went to my Medical like 2 weeks ago, and they don’t take any blood work from me. Just Vision, Audition, Weight, Height, Doctor Check and that’s it. Any idea if this’s okay
          Last edited by obek-kobe17; 08-01-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
            BenGrynsztajn commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn’t do any blood work at my medical either, all green on CASS

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            blood work is not part of Medical for CBP
        • obek-kobe17
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by BenGrynsztajn
          Didn’t do any blood work at my medical either, all green on CASS
          Thanks Ben! I was a little bit worried about it.

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2019

Well, I made my decision... I went with SEA-TAC (Seattle). The fun of the waiting game doesn't stop once you get the call!! :P

TSU told me I had 24 hours to report my decision (16:00 Thursday) and gave me a number to call. I called that number at 10:12 EST to ensure they were at work if they are on CST. As that line is never answered by a person (or so it has been in my experience), I left a message saying I'm ready to make a decision and left my number/SSN as requested...... Heard nothing.

Set my alarm and went to sleep (I work nights).... woke up at 15:45 with no phone calls. So I called the number again and this time left my port selection in the phone call and then emailed them also.... Still haven't heard anything.

Maybe I'll get a call later today (Friday August 2nd) at my peak sleeping hour 16:00 EST? lol
            CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
            Eqip: done
            PFT1: 11/08/2018
            Medical: 10/30/2018
            SI: 12/11/2018
            Poly: 4/15/2019
            Poly 2: 5/22/2019
            Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
            Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
            BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
            BI Meet: 06/24/2019
            PFT2: 06/26/2019
            Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
            Referred: 07/03/2019
            Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
            PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
            BI check: 10/15/2019
            Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
            EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• raudy06
              raudy06 commented
              Editing a comment
              sounds about CBP lol, they should call back soon. Congrats.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats man, I will be choosing SEA when I get the call too, keep in touch man, Talonderiel

• TheArcher
              TheArcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! I'm hoping for Houston.

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              I was a little off.. they called at 11:15 .... now I can sleep well till my run time. Lol

Thank y'all!
          • V_AntCBP
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2018

pnw360 sorry to hear that, you can apply 2 years since the date you took poly. Did they tell you right after the poly you didn't pass? Or you got an email saying that? And if so, how long after taking poly you got the email? Thank you
            I just took my 2 days ago and I'm so anxious to get result now.

Comment

• David1984
              David1984 commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP you should get your results in a week or less from my experience.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              10-4 thanks David1984 Thats what the examiner told me, a week or 2 to know the result... I'm anxious as heck. I've been checking my app every few hours or so now... lol

• Hou33guy
              Hou33guy commented
              Editing a comment
              It only update once a day

• pnw360
              pnw360 commented
              Editing a comment
              Examiner told me that day that it wasn't looking good and thought I was lying. I got an email two weeks later saying I had failed.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12096 users online. 75 members and 12021 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...