300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krash777
    • Nov 2017

ABNRGN18 your clearance won’t mean a thing unfortunately.

Comment

• Tropictac
      Tropictac commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right...

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      A secret clearance might not mean a thing, but I have a current (been re-investigated periodically once already) TS/SCI that is being used both as a Reservist, and with my current full-time employer also and I never met with a BI. Woke up one morning to my BI being green and an email later that day saying I had been referred to TSU. I tried to do some research and see what was in the DHS personnel security handbook, and there's tons of "reciprocity" thrown around in it, but nothing cut and dry.
  • SpenserJ9
    Forum Member
    • May 2019

Got my port assignment. El Paso it is.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats brother finally done. I should be right behind you, waiting for that call. If i go by how our timelines have been similar I should get the call Monday or so.

• Dezada74
      Dezada74 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations bro, see you at Fletc!

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow didn't think el Paso was possible. Congrats.

• jvitela24
      jvitela24 commented
      Editing a comment
      What was your job announcement?
  • rayomeel194
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2018

How long did everyone have to wait for an answer on the polygraph? I took my first one 6/7, was given a verbal pass but was told a week later I'd have to come back and take it again. I took the second one 7/12 and haven't gotten any update or email.

Comment

• Tropictac
      Tropictac commented
      Editing a comment
      15 days after I took it I got an email from a BPA recruiter.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      rayomeel194 I took my second one on 7/16. On 7/19 I logged into my CASS and had the green check mark. I never received an e-mail of passing or phone call. I think everyone is different.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      3 weeks for me.
  • Krash777
    • Nov 2017

For veterans that want to use there GI Bill whole at academy.

CBP employees wishing to use this program must, as the "student", directly connect with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) via the following link and submitting the required On-the-Job (OJT) training forms for Post 9/11 G.I. Bill purposes:

Apply for and manage the VA benefits and services you’ve earned as a Veteran, Servicemember, or family member—like health care, disability, education, and more.

Apply for and manage the VA benefits and services you’ve earned as a Veteran, Servicemember, or family member—like health care, disability, education, and more.

The CBP employee then works with their supervisor to provide VA with all required paperwork for the G.I. Bill payment.

Comment

• Krash777
      • Nov 2017

Danieldv9 I get the welcome packet soon and the final selection email just gives you your starting salary and port info and tells you to contact your port after 24hrs to discuss your EOD. There is also some forms you have to sign.

Comment

• jdop7
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2018

Officially got the green check on my polygraph! Sitting at 63%. Took the first poly on 7/23. On 7/26 I was told to go back in for a second exam and it got scheduled for 7/29. And now today 7/31 I checked CASS and it cleared, although I haven't received any email from CBP.

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on moving on. you probably wont receive an email if its green its green.

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          jdop7 congratulations! same thing happens with me. I didn’t receive an email just green check mark

• jdop7
          jdop7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks yall! I actually just received an email confirming that I passed! Now for the long wait for the BI
      • mjr
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2019

Hi Everyone, I am 18-9 with EOD Aug 12 at LAX, FLETC 08/27/19 to 01/09/20. My case is at 88% right now and I am waiting for BI to clear. Anyone going to LAX in August or has the same FLETC dates?
        Last edited by mjr; 07-31-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• MrAce
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

18-9 here, this August will be one year since I passed my SI... still haven’t heard anything. To the point where I’m fed up with this joke of a hiring process, ****es me off more that 19s are getting there academy dates.

what to do? Any advise? Keep waiting? When is long enough long enough?

Even willing to send an email out, who to address it to, I understand that probably won’t do anything...

Comment

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            fort1978 At least ya got the poly over with man, just sucks because it has such a high fail rate and would suck waiting all this time just to fail.

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            MrAce I hear ya buddy. Unfortunately theres not one to really call about the Polygraph. They have fixed it over the years but some are still failing I myself had to take it 3 times....but finally got through it. Whenever you do take it just relax and do follow the instructors instructions all the way through.

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you done medical or PFT? Its odd you wouldn't hear anything about the next steps after SI for so long. Back in 2016 I had medical scheduled 3 weeks after the SI. I'd recommend contacting the MHC or maybe someone can share their recruiter's info with you.

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            ES90 Just waiting on Polly... medical and PFT are done
        • applicantof2019
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2019

Applied - 6/2019
          Entrance Exam - 6/2019
          NOR - 7/2019
          eQip Submitted - 7/2019
          Medical Exam - 7/2019
          PFT Taken/Passed - 7/30/2019
          SI Scheduled - 08/01/2019

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2019

Got the call today.... EOD will be Nov 15th and FLETC Dec 2nd - Apr 9th..... Now to pick the port. Sooo many were listed, but nothing in the Southeast.
            CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
            Eqip: done
            PFT1: 11/08/2018
            Medical: 10/30/2018
            SI: 12/11/2018
            Poly: 4/15/2019
            Poly 2: 5/22/2019
            Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
            Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
            BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
            BI Meet: 06/24/2019
            PFT2: 06/26/2019
            Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
            Referred: 07/03/2019
            Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
            PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
            BI check: 10/15/2019
            Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
            EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              SpenserJ9, sweet!!!

I'm thinking it's going to be between SFO, LAX, and WA (Seattle or Pt Roberts)..... allows me to double my military Reserve career and have the option of seaport and airport.

• HillbillyKY
              HillbillyKY commented
              Editing a comment
              Did they offer Memphis, TN?

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              HillbillyKY, yes Memphis was offered.

• MattCBP
              MattCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Anything in Georgia at all? Talonderiel
          • BowMan2006
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2019

I had to present additional medical paperwork for asymmetrical hearing loss. I went to an Audiologist and they put no for "Hear whispered conversation" this chart is under the "Physical requirements section of the position section". In the comments she put may not be able to hear very quiet whispers... . I called the audiologist and to do a retest and she wouldnt budge. She also said if she couldnt answer for 100% certainty she would have to put "no" . Question is would this be a show stopper? and I should definitely go for a second opinion right?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2018

18-8 ,
            Took my poly today, 5hrs total, examiner was nice and professional. I didn't get a pass, a fail, or inconclusive... Was told result looks ok to him, he will send it up, up to QC to make the call, if any part needs to be retest, he will call me back for that part. Does it sound good and promising? I mean if I failed, he should definitely tell me right there and then right?
            I was so tired after 5hrs, just wanted to get outta there.. should have asked him more about result....
            Now I have to wait few days to 2 weeks for results? ahhh.....
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 07-31-2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• TESLA3
              TESLA3 commented
              Editing a comment
              sounds great for me. I am 18-8 too, still waiting for the call or email to schedule the poly.
              Good luck!!

• BenGrynsztajn
              BenGrynsztajn commented
              Editing a comment
              you didn't pass or fail, that's what they usually tell everyone. QC has the final say.
              If they want to clear up some anomalies they'll call you back for a second session which will be more focused on those parts.

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw some people posted they got "verbal pass"... I didn't get that so I was just wondering...

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              It all depends on the polygraph examiner. Based on what he said, it sounds like you passed. "Quality Control" usually doesn't contradict the examiner's findings.
          • Pmag015
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2019

Any updates on the 19-3 here? Im at 50% waiting on the polygraph.

Comment

• MattCBP
              MattCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by MattCBP; 12-11-2019, 02:56 PM.

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              CBPO 19-3 regular announcement. apply for LAX still waiting for poly here as well. sitting at 50%. recruiter told me they are pack with applicants from the shutdown so she told me to wait patiently Pmag015

• dalan
              dalan commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there another LAX recruiter email instead of the [email protected], you be contacting?@standtheman

• drtx
              drtx commented
              Editing a comment
              Same 19-3 passed SI on 4/2.... been waiting for poly since!
          • Talonderiel
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2019

Does anyone have gouge on Seattle or SFO? trying to decide between the two and if the bonus pay is worth the increased taxes and living costs. Thank you!
            CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
            Eqip: done
            PFT1: 11/08/2018
            Medical: 10/30/2018
            SI: 12/11/2018
            Poly: 4/15/2019
            Poly 2: 5/22/2019
            Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
            Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
            BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
            BI Meet: 06/24/2019
            PFT2: 06/26/2019
            Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
            Referred: 07/03/2019
            Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
            PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
            BI check: 10/15/2019
            Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
            EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              V_AntCBP, do you know how many hours the shifts are there? I'm expecting airport for a while till senior enough to bid for seaport..... But you might be on to something there!

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Talonderiel I have no idea about the shift hours. I was just interested in SEA because of the areas, beautiful, nicer weather than FL, lot of stuff to do around, and cheaper than SFO. I'm looking to go for airport for now too..

• douglasgene1
              douglasgene1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sea ports doesn’t typically have any ot. This is stated from every instructor on FLETC

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              douglasgene1, thank you! I've heard that from the recruiters. I was also told that because of the set hours of a seaport, usually only senior guys bid for it. I'd like to maybe work a little of each (land, sea, air). Good thing of being single, is that I'll be able to take some of the multiple TADs that come up a year. :P
          • R89
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2018

Can anyone who is waiting for medical to clear/has cleared medical with a rating from the VA, PM me please.

My process has gone fast so far (applied to the 19-3 fast track announcement), but I now feel like medical might take a while.
            Last edited by R89; 07-31-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Hou33guy
              Hou33guy commented
              Editing a comment
              I do 70%, got mines cleared, even with depression, va pyhsic sign off on it

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12307 users online. 76 members and 12231 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...