Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obek-kobe17
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2017

Did anyone have any idea about how much time take to update in CASS the Medical?
    I took mine 2 weeks ago, w/o any medical or surgical condition, and still saying Results are being reviewed by HRM. CASS take FOREVER FOR UPDATES!

Comment

• BowMan2006
      BowMan2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like anyone who takes over a week will need additional medical review. Meaning they send you paperwork about the medical issue and you have to prove them wrong. My two friends who are going through the process with me each hit one side of the coin. My first friend and I got additional med review after the SI. My other friend had his medical clear in a week but his passed through without issues.

• Dezada74
      Dezada74 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine was quite simple as far as the test goes, nothing out of the ordinary and it took about 3 weeks for mine. No medical review or anything, they just like to take there time.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The BPA medical updated on CASS about 2 weeks after test. CBPO took 6 weeks. Weird how it works since it was the same medical for both.
  • Cali777
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2019

Hello everyone. Is there anyone (CBPO) here that works at LAX? Would like to know the hours and how the shifts work over there. Thanks

Comment

• Reesesh
      Reesesh commented
      Editing a comment
      Cali777 are you going to be at LAX? did you get THE CALL yet?
  • ABNRGN18
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2019

Question, does having a secret clearance helps you at all when it comes to the background check and all that ?

Comment

• AZ2019
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2019

Hello everyone, I found this forum on line while searching for an answer, looks like I’m a little late to the party. So after completing all requirements I received a call and I accepted, she provided me with my start training day of 11/21-4/3. My question is, I have not received any type of job offer letter. My drug test still shows “in progress “. Does anyone know how long it takes for the offer letter after they call you or do you have to show everything complete before they call? I did my test about 2 weeks ago. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        From reading here, people always ask that question and it seems like they mail packages closer to your EOD date like 2 weeks before something like that which freaks people out of course.

• AZ2019
        AZ2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the information, i was freaking out a little

• FutureCBPO95
        FutureCBPO95 commented
        Editing a comment
        looks like we got the same fletc dates

• AZ2019
        AZ2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, it’s been a long process but it’s finally done.
    • MadameAshley
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

When is the next academy date for CBP? And what usually are the academy dates?

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        CBP doesn't work like CITP where there are only a few classes a year. CBP is constantly starting new classes as space permits so there's really no hard and fast schedule of new classes.

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s a class or even two starting every week

• MadameAshley
        MadameAshley commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahhh I see. Say you get officially hired today, will you get into an academy by next week?

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        MadameAshley, short answer is no.... I got the final call 08/31/2019 and confirmed my answer on 09/02/2019. From the initial call, I was given an EOD of 11/15/2019 and an academy start date of 12/02/2020.

I haven't seen anyone EOD quicker than 2 months from final call. Even on the BPA side, it's been at least 2 months too. But that's the people actually posting on this forum. Who knows, maybe there are others in the Delphi forum or no forums that sneak through that quickly? But I doubt it with my experience in the process. :P
    • R89
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2018

I’m pretty new to this forum thread, just wondering if there are any other fast track applicants here?
      Last edited by R89; 07-30-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Kevin Rogers
        Kevin Rogers commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you get chosen or allowed as a fast track applicant?

• Stevent518
        Stevent518 commented
        Editing a comment
        19-2 fast track here for southern border

• R89
        R89 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP that’s a pretty quick timeline, good for her! Did she have any issues needing anything extra for medical or anything? I have a rating from the VA, but I brought everything I could to my medical appointment, and the doctor said i was good to go.

Kevin Rogers I had went on the CBP website, and the fast track info was on there, but it was not posted on USA Jobs. The options were to either attend a job fair and talk to a recruiter, or email the recruiter on their site for you state. So I sent the WA recruiter a email, he gave me info and the link to the USA Jobs announcement (which was 19-3, and it is now closed)

Stevent518, how’s your process going so far? I applied July 4th, entrance exam July 12th, PFT 1 July 23, medical July 24, SI was this morning.

• Stevent518
        Stevent518 commented
        Editing a comment
        R89 it went by pretty quickly. But stuck at the poly only because my medical didn’t clear, but I’ve sent in medical documents they needed last week and I’m assuming once it clears, my poly should get scheduled after. I applied in early May and got medical/fitness and SI done within the same month or close to it.
    • obek-kobe17
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2017

At the “Call”, did they offer the Salary or in the Job Offer Letter is stipulated with the salary as well with the Location?

Comment

• AZ2019
        AZ2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        She did not mention the salary as it’s the Gs5 but she did mention that any SW port was available, after choosing she did mention the 33% for Nogales and how I would have to be there for 3 years. I think is worth it since everyone stays for at least 2 years at that port , what’s an extra year..

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        obek-kobe17, the application states the Gs-level that you are being taken in on.... Prior/current Federal Employees, i've heard, can ask for salary matching via steps but you'd have to touch base with someone who was prior-Fed.

For those of us first entering it, it's Gs-Level at Step 1. https://www.federalpay.org/gs/calculator
    • corsair
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2019

Crazy to think its already been 6 months since I applied - you guys weren't kidding about the waiting game.
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed
      Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me one year and 8 months to complete all steps ( no med reviews) just normal process for regular announcement GS5/7 for JFK. Currently waiting on the call .

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd imagine i'd be in the same boat as I'm EWR which isn't far off from JFK. Theres just so many people, I could only imagine how many people are waiting for POLY's in the North East. I'm going on my 20th week since I've passed the SI - I was hoping to hear by end of August so lets see.

I myself haven't had any issues with medical - thank god. All i've read are horror stories regarding additional paperwork.
        Last edited by corsair; 07-30-2019, 10:32 AM.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair although my original announcement didn't have EWR I'm gonna ask to see if it is available, I live in North Jersey anyways. lets see.
        Back when i took my poly in September 2018 the wait was four months from May to September for me. I imagine is more now and yes a lot of applicants in the N.E.
    • fort1978
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2018

Hey everyone 17-10 here stuck at the background check. For the people that got pass the background did they send you an email saying your proceeding to the next phase of the drug screen or did they just update it in CASS without an email??

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        no email or call, just got green on CASS. waited about 7 months in my case .
    • dominicano
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2011

I haven’t receive an email for the Eqip , but I have a date for SI. Is that normal?
      EXAM # 1320
      LIST # 15**
      EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• britt93
        britt93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I got my Equip email after completing my SI.
    • tvaughn31
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2019

I just saw on the CBP app that I’m at 63% when I was at 88% last week. Apparently my EQIP is being reviewed by HRM. Does anyone know what that means?

Comment

• Elgin_87
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

Quick Question: What is after "the call"? Meaning, your start date is in 4 months. Should you expect an email, another source of documentation, another phone call, or just show up on your EOD date?

Comment

• Dezada74
          Dezada74 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should receive an email and maybe stuff in the mail 2 weeks before your EOD

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Dezada74
      • SpenserJ9
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

Has anyone had problems contacting TSU? I've been trying to contact them to pick my port but I havent had luck all day. My case manager says to just call them alot and leave messages.

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          SpenserJ9 this last time that I got "the call" I was told I would receive a call the next day to give my selection. That day came and went and no call back. I called them everyday for a week before getting someone to return my messages so i could select my new port location.

• SpenserJ9
          SpenserJ9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dammit. I knew I shouldve just chose right there and then. Do I need to worry at all?

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          SpenserJ9, I had the same issue... I called them back on the number they said to call them on, which goes straight to voicemail.... I even emailed the hiring email account.

The same girl who called me for the final call, called me back on the 2nd day. Called Wed, I blew up their voicemails and email on Thursday before the 1600 hrs deadline I was given.... She called on Fri to see if I made a decision.
      • TsFost
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2018

Update on where things are at. Applied both Direct and Standard

19-9 GS7

Applied - 6/22/19
        Entrance Exam - 6/27/19
        NOR - 6/28/19
        Accepted TO - 7/08/19
        eQip Submitted - 7/09/19
        SI taken - 7/16/19
        Medical Exam - 7/18/19
        PFT Taken - 7/26/19
        SI Passed - 7/27/19
        PFT Passed - 7/30/19
        eQip sent to OPR -7/30/19

Looking at Brownsville TX as my duty location.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your si took a long time to clear.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          It was a video tape version so it had to be sent off then reviewed. They told me you would probably take a few weeks before I got an answer and they were right.
      • Krash777
        • Nov 2017

AZ2019 you get your final selection letter about a month out and your welcome packet about 2 weeks out. You probably won’t hear anything until then unless you haven’t done your BI yet.

Comment

• Danieldv9
          Danieldv9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know what kind of info comes in the welcome packet and the final selection letter?

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Report time, contact info, pay grad and how much , academy info. The 1st day they will give u a book of info about everything as well

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18886 users online. 40 members and 18846 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...