Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yongky Sunyoto
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2019

hi guys does this mean i will get dq ed because my uncorected vision is 20/400?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Yongky Sunyoto
      Yongky Sunyoto commented
      Editing a comment
      doublepost deleted

• Yongky Sunyoto
      Yongky Sunyoto commented
      Editing a comment
      2ndGenFed not yet it still under review, did u had the same problem like me?

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I submitted the exact same form, except my vision was 20/200. I got disqualified. Then a couple months later I got Lasik, reapplied, and submitted forms that declared I now had 20/20 and finally got cleared! I know the CBP website says that vision must be 20/100 or better, but I remember seeing some guy in this forum who claimed he was 20/300 in one eye and was at the academy (this was maybe like a year ago though). So, who knows, the only way to know for sure is just to wait, which is absolutely dreadful.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yongky Sunyoto i will suggest you do lasik and re apply again. I had same situation and same vision like you. After i submitted this form and they had me wait for 2 months and dq me. then i did lasik and re applied again. now i had my green mark on my medical.
  • kingreem#11
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2018

18-4 HERE. I just got cleared of my medical after one year 2 months. How long would it before a BI contacts me. Equip green, medical green, SI green, fitness test green, VRA... I'm hoping to stay in my state of Florida. I been hearing the Polygraph test is a year out. I finished my bachelors degree in 2 months, i wonder if they would consider me for A GS 7 position

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      after you get your bachelor, reapply, make sure your transcript shows that "Bachelor Awarded" on last page, everything will transfer over and you should be selected as GS7. kingreem#11 wait, you are VRA? should you apply for GS9? if you have 2 years experience in military or something, you should qualify for GS9, read the description for sure..

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 6yrs military, and associates degree and i didnt get gs9 only got gs7
  • kingreem#11
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2018

How do you know when your BI starts? My BI just says in progress right now.

Comment

• cam04
      cam04 commented
      Editing a comment
      When your BI contacts you

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      If you didn't take the Polygraph I dont see them reaching out to you anytime soon.
  • Coderedpl
    Forum Member
    • May 2018

Submitted another application since my previous was denied due to resume in December. Kind of hoping I'd get by without taking the test again as they told me but we will see

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      If you took the entrance after August 2018, it will transfer over, before that, you will have to retake as result is no longer valid. I had to retake myself Coderedpl but you never know, you may be lucky..

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I got the email to fill out the assessment and it gave me the option to use previous score, so took that option.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      cool, maybe you are one of the special case Coderedpl cross fingers, because entrance suck, looking at computer screen 3 4hrs totally suck... I had to retake when I reapplied to new announcement.
  • CBP19_2_12dec
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2019

can you apply to different CBP listing if you already have an application for CBP , in my case 19-2. Would this replace or affect my previous application?

i am at 38% on the one application and was going to apply to a different listing with different location preferences.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      sure you can, everything will just transfer over, I reapplied before.

• CBP19_2_12dec
      CBP19_2_12dec commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response, I was asking because just as I was going to reapply it said a new application would overwrite my previous selection

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      CBP19_2_12dec there was something on the application about current in process applications when I was first submitting everything, don't remember exact wording but it did not apply to me as my previous application was simply denied due to resume format, so this counted as new but during the assessment it allowed me to use previous score.

• Swsports22
      Swsports22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I reapplied to a new announcement. Everything transferred over within a few weeks. When I got the final call I was offered locations from both announcements
  • Nousername1
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

How many had the BI take longer than 9 months?

Comment

• JimmyW777
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

Mine has been going on since October but they OPR recently contacted me with a simple clarification

Comment

• CBP19_2_12dec
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2019

19-2 here
        Anyone not able to see there application on CASS, happened to me without notification. Reached out to case manager and other aliases but no response.

anyone know why this would happen, I’m freaking out

Comment

• MrAce
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

Any other 18-9s? Where in the process are you. I’ve been waiting for Polly since August...

Comment

• Seminoles44
            Seminoles44 commented
            Editing a comment
            EOD in September. Man, what’s the hold up?

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            Seminoles44 Not sure. Everything else went smoothly... shouldn’t be any hold ups. Just waiting for Polly date

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm right with you brother, waiting for SI since August with no medical issues or eqip rejected MrAce, maybe the hold up for me is I was born outside US, and travel a lot internationally (just tourism not work related, I like traveling and see different places). What is your background? born here or outside US? and to make matter worse, I know someone 19-4 DH GS5 just got call for drug test. Lol. He is not VRA or anything, he lives in Florida, like 30 mins away from me so location is the same as me. so idk wtf is going on. The only thing he has different than me is he was born here in US and never traveled outside US, he doesn't even have passport.
        • 2ndGenFed
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2019

Okay here's the issue....

I applied for CBPO Regular Hire 19-1 on 10/2018
          Testing, SI, PFT all passed 11/2018 and pending Poly. Been sitting at 38% since.

My medical is still pending. I was asked to provide updated vision information. I'm 20/20 with corrective vision (contacts) but 20/400 uncorrected so I'm worried I'm going to be disqualified. I've read that some people get the email from CBP to get corrected surgery by a set date or their application gets disqualified. Is that true?

I already planned on getting PRK after getting into DHS to not delay the process but now I'm thinking I should go ahead and get it done while my SI and Exams are still good and reapply again.

Thoughts?

Comment

• November11th
            November11th commented
            Editing a comment
            I want to know the same thing. My vision isn’t 20/200 more like 20/100 but I still want the surgery done now.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            2ndGenFed November11th. likely they will DQ you guys. i had the same situation in my previous application. i planned to do lasik and they already dq me and told me if i do lasik, i have to re apply again and wait for 3 months. So after i done my lasik, i reapply in the 2nd week and waited for 3 months for them to send me another papers for my doctor to retest my eyes again. After i submitted papers work, they had me waited for another 2 months and finally my medical has a green check mark on it. so i suggest to do lasik and reapply again asap.

• 2ndGenFed
            2ndGenFed commented
            Editing a comment
            @standtheman

I sent an email today to my case manager to get their input. I haven't been disqualified so I'm trying to be proactive. Thanks for the input. What I'm curious is if I reapply for another announcement does my passing of my exam and SI and PFT continue to count? I took my exam, SI and PFT 11/18. Currently I'm 38% for the CBPO 19-1 Regular Hire announcement. I'm going to get Lasik next month and if everything transfers do I just redo medical?
            Last edited by 2ndGenFed; 07-02-2019, 08:00 PM.

• November11th
            November11th commented
            Editing a comment
            I meet the requirements for the vision without glasses. The requirements without glass is 20/100 which i meet. I just want the surgery done but I’ll wait till after standtheman
        • BayAreaCBP
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2019

update: CBPO 19-3
          had to redo portion of my medical exam (paid out of pocket) on May 2019 and also had to resubmit my EQIP on June 2019. Still at 25%. This is for SFO duty location.

Comment

• David1984
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2017

So after taking my polygraph on 6/24 and my examiner giving me a verbal pass I received an e-mail today saying that I would need to go back in to retest.

My question for the people who who had to retest do you have to go and do the whole thing again or just a specific section? Any help or advice is appreciated.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
              BenGrynsztajn commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I’ve been reading on people who had to take a second poly, it’s usually more focused on certain parts from the first poly

• jeliquin85
              jeliquin85 commented
              Editing a comment
              who do you contact to take the poly again after not passing the first one ?
          • November11th
            Forum Member
            • May 2019

Question, my medical says “further evaluation” needed. I think it’s because of my glasses. So my question is can I get lasik eye surgery before the academy? And do I have to update them that I plan on getting the surgery done.

Comment

• BenGrynsztajn
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2017

How big of an impact does the selected preferred location play on the hiring process? I don’t really have any preferences but I did select JFK when I was asked
              CBPO 19 - 7 Applied April, 16, 2019
              Competion: 50%

EQIP - Submitted 05-01-19
              EQIP - In Progress - Requested and Re-submitted 07-02-19
              EQIP - Released to OPR 07-03-19
              EQIP - Case Manager Reassignment (EQIP 07-09-19)
              EQIP - Re-Released to OPR 07-18-2019)
              Medical - Completed (05-02-19)
              Fitness - Completed (05-07-19)
              SI - Completed (06-14-19)
              Poly - Pending (Not Scheduled)
              BI - Pending
              Drug - In Progress (Not Scheduled)

CBPO 19-10 (DH - Southern Border)
              Completion: Same as Above

Comment

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                JFK is the largest of all ports.

If we're talking of many of the smaller ports location is probably a huge hiring factor at times.

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                Double post
                Last edited by merlin436; 07-01-2019, 09:37 PM.
            • FishStix
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2019

Originally posted by November11th
              Question, my medical says “further evaluation” needed. I think it’s because of my glasses. So my question is can I get lasik eye surgery before the academy? And do I have to update them that I plan on getting the surgery done.
              Official eye sight requirements:
              • Near Vision: Must test at least 20/40 Snellen binocular, (with both eyes viewing) with or without correction.
              • Distant Vision Acuity: Binocular visual acuity must be at least 20/30, with or without correction.
              • Uncorrected Vision: Uncorrected binocular vision must be 20/100 or better.
              • Color Vision: Must be able to distinguish primary colors as defined by color perception Ishihara Pseudo isochromatic plate tests; use of an X-chrome lens is not acceptable.
              • Refractive Surgery: LASIK-free from residual effects three months post-procedure; Other Procedures - Free from residual effects one year after surgery.
              Assuming you have glasses that will let you meet the 20/40 and 20/30 corrected vision standards, you'll need to pass the 20/100 uncorrected eye sight requirement.

If you need Lasik to meet the eye sight standards, you'll need to get the procedure done and then have to wait 3 months before they can clear you during the medical exam portion of the application process. Except possibly in unique situations, you will not pass the medical exam portion without meeting the eye sight requirements and therefore will not progress onto the next steps in the hiring process until meeting the physical requirements.
              Last edited by FishStix; 07-01-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20959 users online. 58 members and 20901 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...