• Jan 2018

CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
    Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
    Accepted CoE - 5/15
    Completed OnBoarding - 5/15
    Received Applicant ID for eQip - 5/20
    SI Invitation received 5/20 - 6/3

Aside from the typical "I signed an NDA" what can anyone offer regarding the SI? Any tips, tricks, questions to practice for/expect? Expected time to complete SI? How many CBPOfficers are interviewing me? Are questions situational or "tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult manager"?

Thank you
    Last edited by PA_Ed; 05-20-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      As you know we have to sign the nda form to not discuss anything outside the room so i cannot say or given out any information at all.all i can tell you is be confident about your answer. Trust me, is easy and is not complicate as you think .

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      PA_Ed check this out Incase you haven’t some useful tips https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you both very much

• House2560
      House2560 commented
      Editing a comment
      Take your time and think before saying anything, be detailed as possible.
  • fonzi7979
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2019

To All that are in 19-2 announcement for CBP. I have been reading through the forum and I have seen some have been called and scheduled for the poly. I am curious if anyone that is in 19-2 and is seeking for JFK did anyone receive email or call for the poly lately. Any feedback back is always appreciated and good luck to all with this long process.

Comment

• JStyleszx
      JStyleszx commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t expect a Poly till next year, especially in JFK. Long line buddy . 18-11 but reapplied to 19-3 & its far from my mind. Apply for other things while you wait .

• House2560
      House2560 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm for JFK too, i was given a printout by the officers stating if no reply for a poly is given within 10-16 weeks i have to email someone listed on the paper
  • Kels
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2019

Any other 19-6 on here. I’m sitting at 50% waiting on a poly date...

Comment

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      Right here, i applied in the first week of March for NY/NJ and been sitting on 50% since April 15.

• dalan
      dalan commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 19-6 still at 38%. My Equip is still in review.
  • Jr90037
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2018

I have received a job offer but I turned it down because they wanted to send me to Academy without my background being completed I was running the risk of getting sent back from the Academy if they found something on my background that they didn’t like I applied back in November and I’m done with everything except the final background

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jr90037 that’s because you most likely signed a provisional offer depending on the results of the background. I mean if it was me I would I have went because I know I have nothing to hide in my past. Do you have anything in your past that they would disqualify you?

• AgentNitro
      AgentNitro commented
      Editing a comment
      You're more than likely good to go. Unless you know of something disqualifying that you omitted, you shouldn't have any concern. Many officers attend academy on a provisional. The only ones removed are clear cut and due to blatant integrity issues. You can probably call back and get that academy spot. They've already completed the provisional investigation and concluded that you're a very low risk of failing the remaining background.

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      I work LEO l have a suspension from work which l disclosed but idk what they are going to think so l prefer playing it safe l got job I don’t want to quit a job that I That I have for one that I don’t I’ve heard people have been sent back because of something in their background

• AgentNitro
      AgentNitro commented
      Editing a comment
      A suspension isn't uncommon. As long as it's not for something unforgivable (which it isn't or you'd be terminated), they'll look at it on a case by case basis. As long as you don't have a repeat history of engaging in the conduct that resulted in the suspension, you should be fine. Also, if you disclosed it, it's very likely that they already looked into it prior to extending the provisional clearance. The government doesn't want to waste money onboarding you unless they're almost certain that you'll clear. Just food for thought. If you want to be absolutely certain, there's nothing wrong with waiting. Good luck.
  • brandonnang
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2018

Hey guys, current CBPO here GS-9 from JFK trying to get back home to Miami. If you or anyone you know might want to swap please PM me and let me know. Thanks.
    CBPO - JFK, NY

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, Do you know if federal authorities such as CBP get the same MTA free transportation privileges as local and state cops in nyc?

• House2560
      House2560 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so jealous, I'm for queens NY too. How long did you wait for your poly date?
  • Krash777
    • Nov 2017

JDalhoff , you’re still in a gs 12 position, just starting at a lower scale. Gs 5,7,9,11,12 that is your progression every year and then step promotion at 12 to step 9.

Comment

• barnes14
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2014

Evolution81 Did he outright say you "passed" or was it some other way? I just have an issue that my guy would only say the poly "It looks good" but then ask me if I were to get a call to retest if I would be interested.

Is mentioning the QC review and explaining about retests but then still recertifying the EQUIP and saying the poly results looked good, all part of the procedure?

Comment

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        barnes14 my examiner had told me there were a couple subjects in question and would I be willing to take a 2nd poly if QC deemed so.

2 days later the examiner emailed me saying QC said I passed.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        he said i passed off the record
    • TheChicagoKid1990
      Forum Member
      • May 2016

So good thing I called to confirm my EOD they said 28 Aug then FLETC would be 12 Nov. Seemed a bit off so I called back it’s actually 28 Oct lol anyone else EOD 28 Oct with 12 Nov FLETC? I’ll be in Chicago.

Comment

• Julia1996
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2019

I was at 50% and got an e-mail saying that my application was withdrawn because I was seemed unsuitable for the position pursuant to 5 C.F.R. Part 731. Anybody know what that could be? I have no criminal history or anything like that

Comment

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Might be due to drug use in the last 12 months which you indicated on your Eqip. I believe you posted recently regarding this and wanting to change your answer.

• Julia1996
          Julia1996 commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed and they basically said the same thing twice. And the drug use could be it but the way they wrote it down is as if they found something, not based on my answers. Who knows, I'll try again in the future. I do have a different address for my billing address for my bank and I did not put that down as residing address because I never lived there, but highly doubt that's it. I applied for a TSO position, do you think they could not take me because of this?

• YOUNG718
          YOUNG718 commented
          Editing a comment
          3 possible reasons for you.
          (1) Criminal or dishonest conduct;

(2) Material, intentional false statement, or deception or fraud in examination or appointment;

(3) Illegal use of narcotics, drugs, or other controlled substances without evidence of substantial rehabilitation;

You take your pick.
          Last edited by YOUNG718; 05-22-2019, 02:44 AM.

• Steve40
          Steve40 commented
          Editing a comment
          5 CFR 731 (b)Specific factors. In determining whether a person is suitable for Federal employment, only the following factors will be considered a basis for finding a person unsuitable and taking a suitability action:

(1) Misconduct or negligence in employment;

(2) Criminal or dishonest conduct;

(3)Material, intentional false statement, or deception or fraud in examination or appointment;

(4) Refusal to furnish testimony as required by § 5.4 of this chapter;

(5) Alcohol abuse, without evidence of substantial rehabilitation, of a nature and duration that suggests that the applicant or appointee would be prevented from performing the duties of the position in question, or would constitute a direct threat to the property or safety of the applicant or appointee or others;

(6) Illegal use of narcotics, drugs, or other controlled substances without evidence of substantial rehabilitation;

(7) Knowing and willful engagement in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. Government by force; and

(8) Any statutory or regulatory bar which prevents the lawful employment of the person involved in the position in question.
      • Mike_lowrey
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

Does anybody know if federal authorities such as CBP get the same MTA free transportation privileges as local and state cops in nyc?

Comment

• JPOL
          JPOL commented
          Editing a comment
          You'd have to just go to the MTA and ask around. I know a few NYPD friends and a PhillyPD that just wave their badge and they just get on. I assume it's the same for feds as long as they acknowledge your badge. Kind of like the NYPD pardon cards.

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          “Technically” speaking “No one is supposed to get free rides”. Real world speaking yeah just flash a badge...

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay cool just out of curiosity. Always wondered if feds are given that privilege
      • Mreurodance
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2018

CBPO 19-3 NYC area here. If anyone is interested and is within the same announcement and area, PM me and I will start a WhatsApp group chat. Thanks!!

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey I’m 19-2 just waiting for poly too

• nickg317
          nickg317 commented
          Editing a comment
          19-3 here from LI

• Ilee25
          Ilee25 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-9 NYC here....its a slow crawl for me.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          19-3 here @ LA but i dont use whatsapp
      • Keee562
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2019

GS9 18-12
        Original Application:8/2018
        Accepted Tentative Offer:8/2018
        Medical Exam:8/2018 need additional information
        Euqip Release to OPR:8/2018
        Fitness Exam:9/2018 passed
        Structured Interview and Fingerprints:9/2018 passed
        GS9 19-6
        Reapplied 3/2019
        Euiqip update and Released to OPR:4/2019
        Medical Exam:05/2019 passed
        Background Investigation: In progress
        Polygraph: Pending
        Drug Test: Pending
        Background in Personnel Security Process now since September 2018 and currently now

Comment

• PATEL1990
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2014

Just got a call for the polygraph! Pretty excited to just get it over with. Its my 2nd time for this position, I figure if I get it... great! If I dont pass... great! At the most I get to say I didn't give up!

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats to receiving the call today. What announcement are you in?
        • JimmyW777
          Forum Member
          • May 2019

Anyone have their background clear after having to wait many months? I hope my clears soon because I was told "pending adjudication" and get Chicago asap while slots are still open.

Comment

• TheChicagoKid1990
            TheChicagoKid1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just got Chicago and it took about 6 weeks after I met my BI to clear and I got it. Also with the expansion of Chicago international terminal it’s actually a high demand. Like not like AZ and CA but I have a friend there and she said they are hurting also Chicago has 2 international Airports
        • JPOL
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2018

If you start at gs5, it would take you 4 years to get to gs12?

1st year = gs5
          2nd year = gs 7
          3rd year = gs 9
          4th y ear = gs 11
          beginning of 5th year = gs 12?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes.

Normal progression each year...
            GS-05...wait 52 weeks
            GS-07...wait 52 weeks
            GS-09... "
            GS-11... "
            GS-12/01
            GS-12/02
            GS-12/03
            GS-12/04
            GS-12/04
            GS-12/05
            GS-12/05
            GS-12/06
            GS-12/06
            GS-12/07
            GS-12/07
            GS-12/07
            GS-12/08
            GS-12/08
            GS-12/08
            GS-12/09
            GS-12/09
            GS-12/09
            GS-12/10
            With 12/10 being the highest step obtainable...outside of promotion or a journeyman increase.

• Scrappydoo
            Scrappydoo commented
            Editing a comment
            merlin436 I see on the opm pay scale gs10... is this pay grade not used?

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            @Scrappydoo,

The even level pay scale grades are not used below the GS-12 level as far as CBPOs go.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12208 users online. 74 members and 12134 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...