X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hopejoy
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

Hi everyone,
    After meeting your bi how long was your waiting time to getting the CALL?

Comment

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      The two weeks I believe is for the ones that were granted provisional.

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      Around 2 weeks if you’re granted the provisional. If not you have to wait for the BI to clear which can take a couple months.After it’s cleared you’re scheduled for your drug test Then you’re referred to TSU. then you should get the call a couple days after that

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      It has been way over couple months here.

• TheChicagoKid1990
      TheChicagoKid1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my drug test April 23rd and my BI cleared in the CASS app last Friday I’m just waiting for the call. I was cleared for both by BPA 3 weeks ago and they called me but hoping for the CBP spot if they give me the one for Chicago.
  • nickg317
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

Hello guys, I have a question regarding the EQIP...

On 5/4 I received a call from the hiring center and the gentleman told me that my EQIP was ready to be released to OPR and I needed to verify my it and resubmit, as it was outdated. I did that on the same day and added some additional information. I still haven't received notification that it was released and it is not reflected on CASS. Do you think that adding that additional info will cause it to take longer? In other words, editing it put my back into this "lottery
    ' of having EQIPS looked at?

19-3 sitting at 38%

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Hm hasn't been that long I'd wait a little bit more - When I made changes I was the one who proactively asked them to do so, off the top of my head I don't recall the time frame of it going green on CASS.

• nickg317
      nickg317 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, thanks corsair

• nickg317
      nickg317 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair just got the email today that it was released lol
  • David1984
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2017

CBPO Announcement 19-2

I received a text and an email yesterday from CBP for my polygraph examination. It’s scheduled for late next month. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time.

Comment

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your update and good luck David, let us know how it goes.

19-2 as well and that gives me hope. I'm currently still sitting at 50% waiting for my polygraph. Can I ask what port did you apply for?
      Last edited by SPX; 05-15-2019, 09:48 PM.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      SPX thanks!! And I applied for Miami

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey David1984 that’s awesome that someone from19-2 has received email about Polygraph so it looks like we are moving along. I am in 19-2 for JFK hopefully I will receive email or phone call for the poly too.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 yea hopefully you hear something soon as well. Check your text and email for them.
  • Mike_lowrey
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

Hello, Anybody know how the salary is for a port like JFK or Newark?

Comment

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Elgin_87 I’m starting as a GS 5. I’d move to GS 9 in 4 years. Then I would start gaining the steps?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Normal progression each year...
      GS-05...wait 52 weeks
      GS-07...wait 52 weeks
      GS-09... "
      GS-11... "
      GS-12/01
      GS-12/02
      GS-12/03
      GS-12/04
      GS-12/04
      GS-12/05
      GS-12/05
      GS-12/06
      GS-12/06
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/07
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/08
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/09
      GS-12/10
      With 12/10 being the highest step obtainable...outside of promotion or a journeyman increase.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      JDalhoff I think you would go like this Hired 5-1 52 weeks later 6-2 52 weeks 7-3 52 weeks 9-4 52 weeks 11-5 52 weeks 12-6 104weeks (2 years) 12-7 and so forth every 2 years. That's how it is in the BOP I would assume its like that in the CBP as well.

• Rmalard
      Rmalard commented
      Editing a comment
      It tells you in the announcement the progression. but if you start at gs5/1 you will be gs9/1 in 3 years...gs12/1 in 5 years. You may start at a higher step initially at 5 depending on how much time at BOP or other federal time. but 1 year later you will be a gs7 step 1.
  • rergang3
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

19-4 and still nothing new, but good thing I went TSA in the meantime. Got hired in 2 months haha. Hopefully, the ball rolls a little faster on the CBP front.

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 19-3, where are you at on CASS?

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      25%. I've completed the SI, medical and PT. However, medical still hasn't been cleared which is frustrating.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      youre 19-4...there is people with 18s and still waiting to finish the process

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      xknuckles yea I realize that bud. I wasn't complaining about the length of the process. If you really read my post, you'd see that it was more about going into the TSA while I wait.
  • Nousername1
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

18-6. 7 months since BI interview, patiently waiting. Any other 18-6’s waiting?

Comment

• Danieldv9
      Danieldv9 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-1 8 months since BI interview and also waiting

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      18-11, met bi 5 and 1/2 months ago, minus shutdown.

• JimmyW777
      JimmyW777 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-4 here. Waiting about 5 months after I had last contact with my background investigator.

• Countryrunner
      Countryrunner commented
      Editing a comment
      18-6 here too. Background going since November and still no word. BI said he submitted everything first week in January and noth I'll ng heard since then
  • AdamF2882
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2018

I applied for to the December 2017 announcement for the CBP Officer. Since October 2018 I’ve been waiting to have my medical documents reviewed by a nurse. I did the initial medical exam in January 2018 and in October they wrote me stating they need more info. I sent the info and received a message saying please allow 12 weeks to complete. It’s now May 2019 and I’m still waiting. It has been 7+ months and nothing. I write to the medical unit and they reply saying the same thing every month that the process takes months to complete. I’m still sitting at 38% for almost a year now. Has anyone else had to submit the extra paperwork requested by the medical unit? If so how long did it take for you to get an all clear finally?

Comment

• AdamF2882
      AdamF2882 commented
      Editing a comment
      Case Manager??? I wasn’t assigned a case manager. Been going through the process on my own.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      AdamF2882 yes it should be all the way of the bottom of your email. I believe it’s one of the first emails after you apply. I believe it’s when they ask you to fill out your e-qip.

• AdamF2882
      AdamF2882 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your help, I just emailed the lady that sent me the original email.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      AdamF2882 your welcome glad I could help. Hopefully they will tell you an answer. Keep us posted.
      Last edited by David1984; 05-16-2019, 12:33 AM.
  • SpenserJ9
    Forum Member
    • May 2019

Hello!

So I started the process in January, and have completed the SI, Medical Exam, Fitness Test, eQIP, and now just recently passed my polygraph. What should I expect next and what should I expect timeline wise? Just trying to figure out what I should do about work. The only steps I have left are background investigation and drug test.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you fill out your application blind? How do you not realize you qualify for GS-9?

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair are going to JFK or EWR?

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally Newark but I switched to Baltimore

• Turboboigti
      Turboboigti commented
      Editing a comment
      Corsair oh nice, good luck brother.
  • transamracer94
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2011

So Ill try to follow the format of everyone else is using for timeline:

Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
    EQIP sent in 5/15/19
    Medical Exam scheduled for 5/23/19
    SI scheduled for 6/3/19
    Fitness Exam (says in progress)
    Drug test (in progress)
    Poly (pending)
    BI (pending)
    Fitness Exam 2 (Not applicable)
    Final Offer (Pending)

Comment

• SpenserJ9
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

corsair being qualified for GS-9 was because of my work experience. i was under the impression my job wouldn't qualify for the experience, thus I didnt apply for it. MattCBP I am apart of announcement 19-6

Comment

• Turboboigti
        Turboboigti commented
        Editing a comment
        SpenserJ9 Me too!!!! 19-6 GS-7 have a preference set up as Newark NJ, but will take JFK if offered.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just curious, what do you do for work?

• Belton
        Belton commented
        Editing a comment
        me too 19-6 but I chose Pembina, ND currently at 25%
    • PA_Ed
      Fight On!
      • Jan 2018

CBPO Direct Hire 19-8:

Written Test - 5/6
      Written Test Results - 5/9 (84%)
      Accepted CoE - 5/15
      Completed OnBoarding - 5/15

Awaiting Pre-Employment Process to begin
      Last edited by PA_Ed; 05-16-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Swsports22
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2016

So after completing the drug test yesterday i was thinking this would be the last step. Nope today, i get an email saying my medical is no longer valid and must be repeated. The way this agency delays the process and does things is sometimes questionable.

Comment

• Gdelgado0220
          Gdelgado0220 commented
          Editing a comment
          Swsports22 ugh sorry to hear that..hopefully they contact you soon

• Danieldv9
          Danieldv9 commented
          Editing a comment
          How long ago did you do your medical? Also did you reapply to a different announcement later? Is that why your medical isn’t valid
          Last edited by Danieldv9; 05-16-2019, 09:26 PM.

• Swsports22
          Swsports22 commented
          Editing a comment
          They contacted me back late yesterday afternoon after I got the email saying that bc my first medical was back on 17 it is now out of date. Apparently I will be contacted by 5/23 to schedule another one. CASS went from 63% back down to 50%. Just very frustrating

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Swsports22 when did you complete your 1st medical?
      • Fubbu01
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

Hey guys, 18-4 here
        So I applied a while ago but my application took like a year in medical review. I recently got the call for the polygraph in late March. It was on April 11. Took it and then on the 15th, found out I passed. Referred to TCU on the 23 and took the drug test on the 24. I got the call on the 25 with an EOD of 8/19 and fletc 9/6-1/21. I got the call before I cleared the drug test or met the BI. Whom I am meeting next Wednesday. I wanna get excited but it’s bothering me that I’m not at 100% yet and I don’t wanna jinx myself. Hopefully all goes well.

Comment

• Jas423323
          Jas423323 commented
          Editing a comment
          I EOD on 6/10 and start fletc 6/24 so I am at my port for only two weeks but I was told alway all we do is all the papaer work and get I PIV card and pre fletc training

• Rmalard
          Rmalard commented
          Editing a comment
          True. I was at my port for 2 weeks now at fletc. PIV, pre academy online training, new employee paperwork, tour of port, shadow officers on the job.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          ohhh so its like a little OJT, so I would be at JFK/EWR for two weeks and then shipped off to fletc

• Fubbu01
          Fubbu01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jas423323 did you already receive the official email stating everything? If so how long ago?
      • Fubbu01
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

Post deleted

Comment

• MrAce
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

Hey guys INS Applicant here... been waiting a long time to hear back. Been since like 2003 that I’ve heard any updates, when I call the number it says its disconnected and no longer in use. Is anyone else having this problem?

Application posting: 97-7
          Passed Exam: 01/02/1997
          Fitness Test: Pending

Comment

• Staerr
            Staerr commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you might want to reapply..

• leo1112
            leo1112 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow you took exam in 1997 didn’t hear anything until 2003 & are still waiting so you think it takes 16 years. Oh boy lmao

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12207 users online. 74 members and 12133 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...