SI: Completed
    Polygraph: May 21
    Background: In progress
    Drug: In progress

Comment

• Gooby77
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2019

Does anyone happen to know if a recent unfavorable USSS poly would affect CBP? Since both are under DHS.

Also my timeline below since I usually just lurk. The medical staff wouldn't let me take the PFT at first due to a heart murmur I've had since birth, had to get it signed off on by my doc. They were scheduled the same day but different facilities. That's also why my medical took so long since I had to submit additional paperwork.
      18-6 applicant
      Applied 3/31/2018
      Assessment 4/12/2018
      NOR 4/24/2018
      Eqip 5/10/2018
      Medical 5/18/2018
      PFT 5/18/2018
      Eqip Revise 5/22/2018
      PFT part 2 5/25/2018
      SI 6/13/2018
      Medical Add. Info 7/31/2018
      Medical Inquiry 10/4/2018
      Medical Green 4/15/2019

Comment

• corsair
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

I never asked, did anyone else receive a handout during the SI? It's only one page but covers the following...

"Next Steps"
        "Polygraph"
        "CBP Jobs Mobile App"
        "Physical Fitness Requirements at the Academy"
        "CBP Recruiter Email Address"
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair I received that same paper, mine didn't have "CBP Recruiter Email Address".

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          I might have got it but I can’t remember because I most likely ate it out of starvation waiting to be called for the poly

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if it’s something new they are doing. I did my SI in January 2019.

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 I did my SI in November 2018. It might be the dependent on the location/port where you did your SI.
      • EE302
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2016

Took PT test today, SI on Tuesday. Any tips or heads up on the interview? Already a LEO so I have a little knowledge on how to answer some questions.

Comment

• invertedPanda
        Forum Member
        • May 2014

Anyone have any good tips on how to contact the hiring center? I've called, left messages, and sent emails but not getting any response.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          What number are you calling? They always answer when I call - I think i've called 2 or 3 times.

(833)405-8051
          Last edited by corsair; 04-25-2019, 10:11 PM.
      • ontherunn
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

Well, a few days ago marked 8 months since the SI for me and still nothing. It's really hard to keep a positive mindset at this point. This is starting to look like a multiple year process.

Comment

• LB_Cornhusker
          LB_Cornhusker commented
          Editing a comment
          xknuckles That's what I heard as well.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          For a while, I emailed everyone I could get an email address ..once a week... always got generic responses.. wait..check email...check spam... xknuckles smh gave up now,

• House2560
          House2560 commented
          Editing a comment
          when i went for SI i was given a sheet that said if not contacted after 10-16 weeks call in

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          House2560 do you happen to have the number to call in? its been so long I don't even remember if I was given that sheet...
      • Scrappydoo
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

I got the call EOD Aug 21st
        Academy Sept 6th - Jan 21st
        Last edited by Scrappydoo; 04-26-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wanted either dfw or Nogales. My original announcement was for nogales.

• Scrappydoo
          Scrappydoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Lemons29 poly was in Oct
          Hal29 my original port was San Yidsro but I went with Nogales cheaper to live.

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Scrappydoo and Gdelgado0220 how long did it take for your backgrounds to clear after you met with the BI? I met with mine almost two months ago and have not heard anything since.

• Gdelgado0220
          Gdelgado0220 commented
          Editing a comment
          Klumper23 I entered on a provisional clearance so my background hasn’t cleared yet
      • jamoranto
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

Does anyone know if there is an email address for OPR?

Comment

• YOUNG718
          YOUNG718 commented
          Editing a comment
          For background? Poly?

• jamoranto
          jamoranto commented
          Editing a comment
          @young718
          For background. Passed poly a month ago and when I followed up, they said my file is waiting to be assigned to a BI

• YOUNG718
          YOUNG718 commented
          Editing a comment
          There’s no official contact for OPR and when you reach out to CBP concerning your BI, they will most likely give you a generic response saying they’re not in charge of the background process but waiting on OPR. You could contact your case manager or [email protected] but they’ll most likely tell you what I just said. Where do you live if you don’t mind me asking? Certain places like NYC are considered “hotspots” and take forever for a BI packet to be picked up by an investigator.

• jamoranto
          jamoranto commented
          Editing a comment
          YOUNG718 I live in California. Originally selected SFO but I would prefer LAX so i dont have to move. LAX wasn't available when i originally applied. I am 17-11 CBPO GS9
      • Gdelgado0220
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2019

Just got the call!

EOD Aug 5th
        FLETC Aug 23rd

Comment

• nhb_zoey
          nhb_zoey commented
          Editing a comment
          What was your timeline when did you apply and announcement??

• Scrappydoo
          Scrappydoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!!!!!!!
          See ya FLETC
      • JDalhoff
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2018

Anyone run into the issue yet, where there is no apartments or housing near your port? And I mean no reasonable housing within a 2 hr drive!

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Not trying to be a wise guy so please dont take it that way - did you not research the area prior to applying? I just did a quick search on zillow and theres literally nothing in that area.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          OFO has long past practice of hiring unaware people from locations far removed from the rural, isolated, remote ports applicants are offered and accept.

It seldom turns out well or successful.

• JDalhoff
          JDalhoff commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair I did research and at time there was apartments with openings 2 years ago when started process. The apartments when they have an opening fill quickly as I’ve discovered talking to people from there. I’m just gonna have to do what I gotta do. Hopefully can find something by Feb after the academy is finished

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you check craigslist for open apartments? Thats so crazy man - I wish you the best!
      • pnw360
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2015

Something I just realized I don't know about this job. I know it's a 24/7 staffing but what kind shifts do people work? Is it 3 shifts per 24 or are people working 10's or even 12's?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          It depends on the port. 8 hour shifts are standard.

Many ports don't run 24/7. Many bid positions within a port don't run 24/7.

You can find 13-14 hour alternative shifts...in the right port. Most alternative shifts probably run either 12 hour, 10 hour or 9 hour. Some ports don't offer alternative scheduling in any form.
      • stanford.west
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2015

Anyone from 18-12 making poly progress?

Comment

• Lemons29
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2018

Does anyone work in Los Angeles and know what its like there? job/shift/OT

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            LAX is a huge port. I would imagine that they have access to plenty of overtime.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            Lemons29 i am applying for LAX port...
            merlin436 hopefully they need more staff so i have higher chance lol
        • jdop7
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

19-1 DH
          About three weeks ago I was at 50% (e-QIP, physical, SI, and medical all cleared) and then I received an email stating I needed to have my e-QIP redone, but they didn't give me a reason why, and then I fell back to 38% with the e-QIP pending. I did notice that my case manager changed (although they did not notify me of that). Could that be the reason why? I submitted the new e-QIP about two and half weeks ago, and haven't heard of anything since. And also, will this new case manager be able to give me an update on the progress of getting my e-QIP cleared?

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            When I had to redo mine they told me the areas that needed revision, seems weird.

• leo1112
            leo1112 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in same boat submitted eqip , for first time had to make revisions, I’m pretty sure it’ll get rejected again I didn’t know all of my parents info on it. Hopefully my explanation in comments will suffice , know process had really slowed , did SI in March. I applied to be / ny area.

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m still waiting for them to reject mine, I forgot to attach the provisional clear and I forgot what the other form was

• nhb_zoey
            nhb_zoey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup mine was the same, was stuck in 50% for 3 months then one day I got an email I needed to resubmit my E-QiP and also my Case Manager was going to be reassigned? So, essentially almost 6 months of nothing happened after my first submission. I am 18-9 DH. Reapplied for another 19-4 Regular announcement to see if that moves quicker.
        • MrAce
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

Tomorrow will be 8 months since my SI pass date... No hold ups in medical or anything, just waiting for the Polly date. 18-9 here. This is the most anoyying aggravating process... I know the second I apply for any other jobs they will call me tho... Been with my current employer for over 4 years so I don’t want to leave because I don’t want even more job history on my background... keep seeing all these articles on how they are stream lining this process yet obviously no one is seeing any results... It’s just so stressful because the Polly seems to have a super high fail rate even for the people “who haven’t done anything wrong”... Anyone who Apply’s for this position more then once is crazy Lol

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Im probably not the only one but the fast track hiring process means nothing to be with this being one of many requirements "Must be willing to relocate to the Southwest border of the United States". It is what it is at the point, I understand your frustration but you're better off pretending like you never applied. What happens if you fail polygraph or BI - don't set yourself up for disappointment.

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            merlin436 I think the pay thing really depends, If you come in as a GS-09 you're already making more base then BOP. I got an army NG friend that works BOP at the federal prison on FT. Dix. He's only a GL-05 and only will go to GL-07, GL-08 is competitive and anything higher is management at that point at least with CBP you go to GS-12 automatically.... Realistically after one year you should make more as a CBP officer even if you start at 5....

My friend does say he gets a decent amount of overtime though but there's a lot of crazy action at the prison he works, more then I thought there would be it kinda took me by surprise when he told me the stuff he encounters on a daily basis.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            @kevinmo91

OK, if one starts as a GS-09. Most applicants start lower.

A lot of ports lack the overtime/differential pay to push a person all that far. Many ports have plenty of both. As you said, it really depends. One thing about CBP and OFO in particular is that there is very few absolutes. Nearly every rule has it's exceptions.

• nhb_zoey
            nhb_zoey commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here 18-9 June 2018. Had to resubmit my E-QIP twice during the process. No idea when or why it’s taken forever for poly, going almost a year waiting. Reapplied to 19-4 regular announcement and everything transferred over, had to redo my medical for next week, so hopefully that speeds up my process. I did switch over to another job, higher pay less Hours, like others stated just forget you ever applied and move on with your life. Some people get lucky and finished and got the call In 4 months!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20614 users online. 56 members and 20558 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...