Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • douglasgene1
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

Lets be honest, I think everyone following the page is tired of hearing the same people moan and groan about the same thing. We dont want to hear about the Government Closing (noone really knows whats going on and whose actually working and if this really puts a damper on the process...the process is already a big thorn in the side already), we dont want to hear about the how long you are stuck in one phase....its getting really annoying on how many people complain about the same thing. Whats really annoying is i may have to work with some of these cry babies.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Finding a reason to complain about something is pretty much endemic everywhere in the federal government.

If Trump came out tomorrow and gave every federal employee a treasure chest filled with gold, 90% of workers would then complain about how much all that gold weighs.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i served in the Army, i get the complaining. I just dont know why everyone has to put the complaining on repeat for weeks on out.

You're comment is 100% accurate tho hahah
  • DP23
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2014

Just received call confirmation that they are still working & my scheduled SI for BP tomorrow will happen as scheduled. Now sure of my poly on the 31st just yet.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I thought everything was shut down...

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been noticing that the only thing actually shutdown during the shutdown is us getting paid. Otherwise it seems that nothing else is effected. Hiring functions are still happening, FLETC is still in session...
  • Hal29
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

You know what makes me mad. I gotta pee so bad. I've been holding it for hours. I know some of you only wait minutes to go. Now with the highway being shutdown I have to wait even longer. What did you guys do e you waited? Is there anyone I can contact? I can't wait any longer. This shutdown is killing me!!!!

Comment

• bvalle300935
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2018

Do you guys know if I could apply for the Border Patrol if I have a current CBP application?

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied to BPA also and tested in November but no results yet.

• bvalle300935
        bvalle300935 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah the waiting kind of sucks. But part of the process. I applied in May of 2017 and still in the process. Didnt really bother them but a few months back I called the actual recruiting office near me and they were surprised I had been waiting for that long and they called the hiring center who told them that my application was closed because I didnt send additional medical paperwork (which I did) but in the app it showed it was opened. I just reemailed the paperwork and they calles a week later for the poly and to send fingerprints card. Now i want to give BP a shot.

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied in May 2017 also

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting, I just took my exam yesterday for BP. Waiting on medical and drug for CBPO. I'm hoping that applying to BP might even make the process faster...
    • DP23
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2014

Passed my BP SI this morning, I was the only one who showed up. The only thing that's closed is hiring office. The shutdown will cause things to slow down but the process will not come to a complete halt.

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Far16 I say just go or call that number at the bottom of the email to get confirmation. I called left a voicemail & got a callback in 20 minutes. I was the only one who showed up today.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Far16 I didn't realize you were talking EOD my bad.

• Far16
        Far16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I called HR today and left them a voicemail so I’m hoping that I hear from them soon or this govt shutdown is done with ..

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        Far16 pm me. I actually EOD'd on a shutdown so I know a bit of what you can expect. What port you going to
    • Tremellio
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2012

Coming up on 5 Months since passing my Si and still no word on polygraph scheduling.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      CBPO 18-11
      Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/09/18: NOR
      6/29/18: Fitness Test
      6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
      7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
      7/05/18: Medical Cleared
      7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
      8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
      8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
      8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
      8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
      3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel your pain brother, this weekend marks 7 months since my SI. They claim the reason my wait’s been so long is because my medical got delayed, but i know of plenty of people who were still under medical review and got their poly scheduled. Plus, it’s been almost 3 months since I received final medical clearance anyways. Then there’s people like you who were cleared almost immediately and are still waiting. I don’t think anyone really knows how it works lol. I’m convinced it’s basically a random lottery. No other explanation why some people get scheduled before they’ve even completed their SI and others of us are waiting around for a half a year or longer. It would make sense if it’s a lottery based system. Lol
    • Steelburg
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2018

Been at 75% complete on CASS for both VRA and DH. Background says in process. Anyone in the situation? Anyone know what to expect at 75%?

Comment

• Steelburg
        Steelburg commented
        Editing a comment
        *In progress

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you took the drug test, you should be getting the call. Usually you get the call the same day or shortly after the drug test.

I got placed in TSU the day i took my drug test and got the call 3 days later. The shutdown might be effecting you not getting the call already.

From my own experience and from everything I read, they almost always only give the drug test right before hiring you

• Steelburg
        Steelburg commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info guys!!!

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same. Still waiting for background to clear, it’s been 5 months I’m 18-2 announcement but haven’t taken my drug test yet. Seems like the BI just take some time.
    • KevinMO91
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2015

My friend who's also EODing to Newark but in 2 weeks , got an email today with his instructions so I guess pre-academy is still going on so that's good news for anyone waiting for their EOD

Comment

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 Do you mind sharing where your friend is going or you?

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        JMontero He EODs at Newark in 2 weeks. I
        'll be EODing at Newark as well but not until May 6th

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad people still get to EOD, I’m sure that would be a challenge not knowing, particularly those who are ending employment elsewhere right before.

• JMontero
        JMontero commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. been out of work for 3 months in order to be qualified for the location incentive "which at this moment its not looking good" hopefully onthe15th i receive my final offer.
    • RJ_Jersey
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2015

Anyone who has took the Poly or knows how it works - how long it takes to get the results on the CASS App not just a verbal pass or fail. And was wondering if the results from the Poly are retrievable for Local Enforcement Employers or if its confidential, in case i fail i don't want it to hurt me with my current local law enforcement gig. Thanks in advance

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you take the polygraph your examiner completes a case with results and sends those results to OPR for review they make the final decision on whether you pass or fail.

For mine I got a verbal pass the day I took the test, a week later my examiner emailed me and told me I passed and will continue through the process.

Another week later it went green on CASS and showed as completed.

Also as far as being able to pull the results up, I dunno but it's not something I would try to hide anyway. Each Polygraph examine is different so I doubt it would be used against. It would however look extremely bad if you neglected to mention it and they find out themselves.
        Last edited by KevinMO91; 01-06-2019, 12:41 PM.

• RJ_Jersey
        RJ_Jersey commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. KevinMO91 would you guys know how long the average test takes at the Newark NJ site? thanks again

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey I didnt take either or mine at Newark, I only did my SI at Newark. I did one poly at Deleware and my last one in New York.

Time depends on your examiner and how many questions you get through and what they wanna ask you. My first polygraph was over in 3 hours but I had questions I had to answer and didnt even finish all the questions.

The second one I took was over 4 hours and went completely smoothly and was over as soon as he asked the last question.

So expect anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on examiner and how far you get.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        I took it in Newark and it was about 3 hours long with only one break. Other applicants who were there had 3 to 4 breaks so it depends on your examiner how he wants to go about it. Mine did told me I passed and that its up to QC to determine the final decision but in a week or so for me went green. Then a few days later he emailed me saying I passed.
    • klocklear86
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2018

Has anyone took the drug test with the fitness test or is that just something random they do at the medical clinic...I took mine the same day as the fitness test. 19-2 GS9...waiting on BI to clear. Currently with the BOP for 3 years. Thanks

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        They do say the drug test is random and can happen at any point in the process, although I think for 99% of people, it's the last thing you do before your Final Offer. Congrats on getting it knocked out early!

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        They say the drug test is "random" but from the majority of people including myself, the drug test ends up happening sometime after you complete everything else (or are given a provisional) and they are about to hire you. I dunno what is happening right now with the shutdown as far as giving new EODs out so you might just be waiting for the shutdown to end and then recieve a call who knows
    • MrAce
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

Completed my SI and passed on 08/31/18, my medical is and has been all set. Just waiting on the Polly. I’m nervous that they will schedule it for May while I’m out of the country on a cruise... as they love to mess up people’s vacations. When they do schedule the poly do they give you dates to choose from or are they kind of like “our way or the highway.”?? They scheduled my pt test half way through vaca last year... although they were nice enough to move it to Jersey where I was on vaca. Just nervous cause I will be out of country. Thanks in advanced...
      Last edited by MrAce; 01-06-2019, 02:58 PM. Reason: Added question mark

Comment

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are going to be scheduled then they will give you dates to choose from and locations I think. But if they call you as someone cancelled then you have to fill that spot it could be the next day or same day.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        for me i had a out of state guy (he came to assist the guys down here for a month) he emailed me times and dates to choose from that month, however this may not be you're case.
    • RALPH365
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2018

Hey there everyone, wanted to know has anyone moved fro. Reffered to pft or Si since the shut down ?

Comment

• LB_Cornhusker
        LB_Cornhusker commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm waiting at the same step in the process. Even had to find my application ID myself through the CBP mobile site, since they haven't sent that email yet.
    • OzoneWarrior2016
      Forum Member
      • May 2016

I received my final selection letter from TSU this morning. My EOD is in 2 weeks at JFK Airport

Comment

• OzoneWarrior2016
        OzoneWarrior2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 Yes the people I will be reporting to is on the offering letter with their contact numbers. I haven’t contacted them yet since the email mentions to wait over 24 hrs before contacting them. I’ll do it end of the week.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Ozonewarrior2016 I have bad news, this was posted today in the other forums on Delphi

"Hi everyone. I just received my Final offer letter. I have picked JFK airport as my Port Station. I have contacted my Port of station regarding my report date and time. I was told that currently based on the government shutdown everything is being postponed. If any one have any other information regarding EOD dates being postponed at JFK please send me a private message"

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        Guys welcome to JFK. If you've got any questions just ask

• OzoneWarrior2016
        OzoneWarrior2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks boconnor I confirmed my EOD with JFK and all set. I will reach out to you with any questions
    • Blacpearl1978
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

I started my process in May 2018 and got my finale offer in September 2018. My EOD is set for 12 February 2019.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, you had one of the fastest processes I've ever heard of! What announcement were you on? Did you receive waivers for certain steps?

• TonyJones
        TonyJones commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, you must be one of those lucky VRAs, good for you Blacpearl1978

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Blacpearl1978 By the way you type I could tell you're a VRA applicant. Am I correct?

• fsi1212
        fsi1212 commented
        Editing a comment
        TonyJones I'm VRA, been in the process for over a year. Medical itself has been 8 months and counting. VRA is nothing special.
    • Blacpearl1978
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

It was a VRA announcement, not sure the number of the top of my head. I just retired from the military in May and already had a TS. I got my Poly waived and Pt test.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh I gotcha, VRA is typically supposed to be expedited, it rarely seems to work out that way though. Glad you got through it how it’s intended though. Congrats brother!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17918 users online. 18 members and 17900 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...