X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goknights
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

No longer a lurker!

I've been following this forum for a little while now and I can finally post.

I am a 17-10 CBPO Applicant. The announcement said Location Negotiable. I put my preferred location as Key West, FL but I am willing to go anywhere.

I met with my BI 3 weeks ago. I know at least 8 people have been interviewed and I am just waiting like everyone else is.
    Do you think it would be okay to call the investigator in about another week to check in on the status of the investigation? He told me when we met he would submit my work in a few weeks.

Good luck to everyone going through the process
    17-10 CBPO
    08/03/17 - Applied
    08/10/17 - Entrance Exam
    08/22/17 - NOR
    09/14/17 - e-QIP submitted
    09/16/17 - e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
    10/09/17 - Fitness Exam
    10/17/17 - Medical Exam
    11/30/17 - SI
    12/05/17 - Further Medical information Requested
    05/07/18 - Medical Cleared
    06/15/18 - Polygraph
    7/06/18 - NOR Polygraph Pass
    7/08/18 - e-QIP Recertification
    7/20/18 - Met with BI
    08/16/18 - 2nd meeting with BI
    11/04//18 - Background Cleared
    11/06/18 - Drug Test
    12/04/2018 EOD
    12/19/2018 - FLETC

Comment

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      3 weeks doesn't seem like that much. But, I don't think it could ever really hurt to call and ask. Worst they can do is tell you it will take time and they will let you know.
  • J.C29
    Forum Member
    • May 2018

Anyone with an EOD next month receive the email that explains everything yet?
    GS-5 18-3
    01/17/18 - NOR
    01/24/18 - Medical (Passed 06/07/18)
    03/01/18 - Fitness
    03/05/18 - eQip Released to OPR
    03/28/18 - Structured Interview
    --/--/------ - Polygraph (Used results from another agency)
    05/01/18 - Drug Test
    05/09/18 - Met with BI
    05/23/18 - BI said he submitted everything
    09/24/18 - EOD

Comment

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      2 weeks before your EOD you will. I have the same EOD. see you in the academy!

• LouieK
      LouieK commented
      Editing a comment
      What Dally said, I'll be there starting 9/5.

• J.C29
      J.C29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the email today
  • MrAce
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

Anyone know what the deal with the Polly is now? Keep hearing they made it less rediculas. What have they made easier about it besides it being an hour shorter? I don’t understand how it can be anything over an hour and a half... do they ask the same questions in a loop?
    Last edited by MrAce; 08-10-2018, 01:42 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure what changes they made, all I can tell is if you logged in around this time last year, all you'll see is how disappointing polygraph was. Recently though, the last few months, I only read may be 2 to 3 failures. That's a big difference compared to last year.

• Mike924
      Mike924 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah when I first did this process in 2015, people were failing (including myself) at a crazy rate.

So far I am 50%, 2-2, on polygraphs through my different employments.

Hopefully this time around is the "new" poly. The one I took for CBP was almost 4 hours. Longest one I took before that was an hour.

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The biggest change they did is that they don't fail someone for an inconclusive result, which is what accounted for the large failure rate. That's why you see people retaking polys for a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th.

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      the style of questioning was very different for me than my first time. my first time was 8 hours long. i left in tears, he accused me of trying to cheat the exam because of the way i was breathing. he also repeatedly asked my about my "pillow talk" conversations with my bf and if they revolved around government secrets.

my 2nd time was much more pleasant, 5 hours tops. it was very straight forward and the questions were centered more towards certain things they were looking for.

i really think it all depends on who is administering the poly.i got a long great with my 2nd guy, we chatted before hand and after. he said that i passed, but he still needed to get it sent off for official review, and it would be a few weeks maybe. he emailed me two hours later saying they took a look at my stuff faster than he expected and they said no further testing was required.

best of luck!
  • txm44
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2012

Anyone know if you can change later in process and sign the provisional clearance sheet after you sent your original one in?

Comment

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes when you recetify your EQIP... After poly.

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      Alexr3496, so my eqip turned pending a few weeks after poly but haven't heard anything about recertifying. It's been over two weeks when it went pending. Is this a normal wait time?

• Alexr3496
      Alexr3496 commented
      Editing a comment
      epesguerra
      Hey I would contact your manager, because when I was informed I passed my poly is when I was told to recertify my EQIP.
  • d2ep
    CBP EWR
    • Dec 2010

Hey Guys!! I just got my new NOR for 18-11 application to see if I qualified for higher grade and I did!! They used my old score from January. I hope this helps whoever wants to reapply for better location or what not.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info man, that’s so strange though, I talked with MHC last week and they specifically said we would have to re-take the entrance exam. I suppose it’s like when they say you can’t take your poly before medical clears but then a bunch of people do lol. They just can’t keep their rules straight

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long did it take for them to contact you on the new announcement? It might be a road I go.

• Jerseyboy94
      Jerseyboy94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Reapplied today for direct hire , they are not taking old exams I guess he got lucky because I’m schedule to take new exam this upcoming Tuesday. It seems that the math is still on the exam but they are giving extra time to complete the exam also you have to finish a life experience test at home before taking the exam at the testing center. Boarder Patrol does the same thing minus the math section.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      I had received an email after I completed the external assessment. Asking me if I wanted to retake the exam or use old score. I had to click on a link which had me confirm use old score or take the new exam. I selected old score and two weeks later I received an email saying congratulation on passing the exam and at the bottom same old score with new GS grade.
  • bcmking3
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2014

So I have a few questions,and I’m hoping you all can help. I had my SI this week and got the noticed I passed the next day. I received my PT and medical appointments for this coming week and today I also got an email saying that my background was released to OPR. For those of you in background or completed, did anyone give you a heads up that they were going to start contacting your employers, etc before it happens? I ask because I’ve worked at the same place for 15 years and it would probably be a good idea to let them know before an investigator shows up and asks questions about me and they are blindsided. Thanks for the assist.

FYI I’m a 18-10 applicant GS-9 select for the VRA posting.
    waived test
    SI done
    and the rest of my status above, seems super quick so far but as everyone has said I expect it to slow down soon..
    Last edited by bcmking3; 08-10-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• vik2500
      vik2500 commented
      Editing a comment
      my investigator contacted me before contacting anyone else on my equip. we then set up a meeting at my current place of employment , but they all knew i was applying and have been nothing but helpful with my process. he even interviewed two of my coworkers that day before leaving.
  • duocbpo
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

Do you guys know for TSL, is email the only way they notify you? Not phone calls or postal letters?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. What do you mean only 98% make it through pre employment? What part of the process do you think is the hardest part to get through? I would figure if you made it past the poly your all but a shoe in and just becomes another waiting game from there. They are rather desperate these days.
      Last edited by Hal29; 08-12-2018, 07:21 AM.

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 thats definetly not an accurate number lol not even close espescially with the poly seeing way better results. Think a lot of ppl do not want to wait for the whole process and take other jobs though.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I took my poly back in May. I'm just waiting to hear from bi. I was told though that the investigators are also backlogged right now.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 and cs333 it was in the GAO report that came out in June. Given it doesn't have data for this year yet, but over the previous 3 years, it said only around 2-3% of people made it thru everything. The poly was probably a huge part, around 75% of people failed last year, but like cs333 noted, it has seemed to have improved this year. I'm sure a fair number of people get tired of dealing with the wait times too and just drop out.
  • duocbpo
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

@N.N yeah...it's a waiting game...lol...did you finish your medical and fitness test?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I passed fitness, I took my medical in mid-April, but am still waiting for clearance. I waited 2.5 months for them to request additional info, it took a couple weeks to get everything they wanted together, now I’ve been waiting a month already for them to review my additional info. It’s insane.
  • Lethal
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2015

Got my NOR yesterday (August 11) and am now patiently waiting for the TSL and SI.

As mentioned before, this is my 2nd go around with CBP after having an unfavorable Polygraph in 2016. Hoping things go smoother this time. I'm on the 18-11 announcement under location negotiable (San Francisco Airport).

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lethal good luck the poly is supposedly way better now

• epesguerra
      epesguerra commented
      Editing a comment
      Lethal ...so reapplied for 18-11 as well but it's only showing location negotiable upon selection United States. Did you get an option to pick San Francisco?

• Lethal
      Lethal commented
      Editing a comment
      cs333 thanks, I've heard it's been much better and that the duration has been cut.

• Lethal
      Lethal commented
      Editing a comment
      epesguerra no but that's the Port I plan on selecting if I make it all the way through the process. I also selected San Francisco to be the location of my SI and Polygraph.
  • DP23
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2014

Not new to the forums but first time posting in this particular subforum. I applied in May to CBP posting/announcement 18-8 DH & am formerly 18-3 with BP. I selected Nogales as my preferred station however I may take Lukeville if it's available since it's close to Phoenix. It is slightly under the 100 mile distance but we'll see if it offered granted if I'm fortunate to make it through. I qualified for GS-5, my E-Qip/Medical transferred over & are both green. I retook physical 7/16 which went green the same day & recently took SI/fingerprints 8/8 & got NOR results that I passed the next day. I am now waiting to schedule the poly, currently sitting at 50% complete.
    Last edited by DP23; 08-12-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, best of luck to you as well. Would look forward to that, did they give you a timetable of when you should EOD.

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 My recruiter last week told me that if "all goes well" I should EOD this autumn/winter.

• JJ221
      JJ221 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by JJ221; 08-13-2018, 10:26 AM.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      JJ221 Thanks, that's where I come from so you can understand my confusion. In that case if hired I will select Lukeville over Nogales.
  • N.N.
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2018

Anyone else having trouble logging into CASS today? I go thru all the sign in steps then it just takes me back to the first login page :/

Comment

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah mines working maybe you need an update

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh looks like it’s working now, I just started getting a bit concerned when it didn’t work for like 3-4 hours lol.
  • Hal29
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

They are hiring for Nogales, Lukeville and Douglas. Along with one or two other places in Arizona. I selected nogales.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Has anyone confirmed that you can be offered anything within the 100m zone for Direct Hire? All I’ve heard is Direct Hire is “Southern Border only”, but if it’s 100 miles, that could include places like Houston.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Southern border includes AZ, New Mexico, Texas & California but I believe for Texas Laredo is the main one with openings.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @DP23

There is no 100 mile rule for OFO hiring.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh really? Sweet!!!
  • DP23
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2014

Double post!!!
    Last edited by DP23; 08-12-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Dr.Andromeda
      Dr.Andromeda commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Dr.Andromeda; 08-12-2018, 11:56 AM. Reason: Deleted

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok so not much longer hopefully. I haven't seen your timeline but I can only assume I'm not that much behind you.
  • Dr.Andromeda
    User
    • Jul 2018

Good Sunday Morning everyone. I trust we're all doing well. Just wanted to update my timeline and make it a current post. Can't wait to run into y'all either at FLETC or somewhere else. Networking is key, remember that.
    My Timeline
    CASS 50%

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
    04/27/18 - Written Exam
    05/09/18 - NOR for WE (score: 89)
    06/01/18 - TS GS-5 & 7
    06/06/18 - Medical exam
    06/07/18 - eQIP done
    06/11/18 - Fitness test (passed)
    06/13/18 - BI sent to OPR
    07/11/18 - SI (passed)
    08/03/18 - HRM requests second vision test (OOP)
    08/07/18 - VT paperwork sent to HRM
    03/20/19 - Medical cleared (date checked cleared)
    TBD - Poly
    TBD - Drug test
    TBD - BI done
    TBD - EOD
    TBD - FLETC

Comment

• gaston
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2010

Been 2 months since I emailed further medical information for medical review. Can anyone comment on whether this is average, below average, etc, in the amount of time until a decision is made? Anyone with similar experience.

Thanks
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alexr3496 idk i was told until my med is cleared i won't be scheduled hopefully thats not the case

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        All good information. I appreciate it. So i guess i will just hurry up and wait.

• dawoobie
        dawoobie commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat as Alexr3496. Medical is still not cleared after submitting additional info the end of June. Have since taken and passed the poly, taken drug test, and recertified e-QIP.

• Dcherise18088
        Dcherise18088 commented
        Editing a comment
        Going on 13 weeks since submission for me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21233 users online. 63 members and 21170 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...