Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patrykpaszek
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2016

Hey Guys 18-3 applicant here. Just had an interview with a background investigator, I'm wondering if anyone knows how long after you accept a duty location will you be able to transfer to a desired port. For example if I wish to get back to Dulles Airport from JFK is there a waiting list for such a transfer. Thank you.

Applied: 12/26/2017
    NOR: 1/2/2018
    Medical: 1/10/2018
    EQIP: 1/14/2018
    Fitness Test: 2/15/2018
    EQIP #2: 2/20/2018
    Eqip released to QA: 2/26/2018
    Structured Interview: 4/2/2018
    Polygraph: 6/2/2018
    Background sent for review: 7/9/2018
    Background Interview: 8/1/2018
    Drug Test:
    EOD:
    Last edited by patrykpaszek; 08-01-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• patrykpaszek
      patrykpaszek commented
      Editing a comment
      Guest I had my packet i guess eqip sent up for review on 7/9 and i met with an invistigator today

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most relocations will take years and lots of effort.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, im surprised that you are moving that quick. my timeline is similar to yours but i took my SI on MAY 5 and im STILL waiting to be scheduled (3 month mark soon) for POLY SMH. im 18-3 for JFK too.

• DallyDallington
      DallyDallington commented
      Editing a comment
      Dulles was available when I got the call. When you get the call, you can inquire about it. You never know it might be available by the time you get the call.
  • JJ221
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

Anybody see this madness for 18-12? Hiring expo where you can knock out the Application, Entrance Exam, Medical Exam, Fitness Exam, and Structured Interview all within a couple of days.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      JJ221 I'm in the same boat, and if anything, this will only make medical review and the wait for the poly worse because it'll bottleneck a TON of applicants right to those parts of the process.

Get ready for year long waits to take the poly, folks.

• cs333
      cs333 commented
      Editing a comment
      Must be nice it took me 5 months to get all that done

• puma
      puma commented
      Editing a comment
      17-10 applied for Laredo TX October of last year , and should be getting scheduled for my poly soon . Been waiting since January

• Steephill
      Steephill commented
      Editing a comment
      I just started the process (18-11) and took my entry exam last Saturday. I live in Texas, and was wondering if it would be better to try and go to that event, to save myself several months of waiting. Would I need to reapply, or would there be some other way to go about it? Would I need to take the entry exam again, or would the results carry over?

EDIT: Looks like you can, you have to go to a special expo website and register. I will be doing that as soon as I get my test results back.
      Last edited by Steephill; 08-03-2018, 02:32 PM.
  • puma
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2018

17-10 CBPO applicant for Laredo TX

been waiting on my poly since January that I passed my interview

should be getting scheduled this week according to DHS

anyone else on the same boat ?

Comment

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not exactly. Im a 17-7 stuck in TSU for 5 months complete on everything.

• puma
      puma commented
      Editing a comment
      are you also for Laredo TX ?

• lordofbk43
      lordofbk43 commented
      Editing a comment
      No another port in South Texas

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 18-3 and took poly on may 23. Waiting on bi and drug test
  • STARCBPO
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2017

Anyone's Pre-Academy in Seattle, WA next month (September) ?

Comment

• Lethal
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2015

This is my 2nd go around with CBP. I applied back in 2015 but had an unfavorable Polygraph result in July 2016.

I'm 18-11 (Location Negotiable) and selected San Francisco Airport as my duty location. Took the entrance exam today. Struggled a bit in the math portion so hopefully by performance in the other 2 sections are enough to make up for that.

Comment

• Armymed03
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

18-3

just got notified today that I got an unfavorable on my poly. Can’t appeal. Can’t reapply for two years (and I never will again!) this whole process has been such a crock! I failed the section about serious crimes against persons. A little background on me, I’ve worked in a hospital since I was 17, mainly as an emergency Room tech/EMT, and I served a decade in the army as a medic. This whole process is a crock, and especially the Poly. DHS can go to hell.

Comment

• rickiebarry
        rickiebarry commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry that happen, how were you notified? I was told I failed a week 1/2 half ago but my tester told me he was going to recommend I get retested. Were you told by your tester that they would recommended you get retested?

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        how many times did you take the poly? how many days did you wait to get the unfavorable result? Since yesterday, I have taken their poly for the 4th times with an inconclusive results.
    • Hal29
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

Damon I see a lot of people who applied well after a lot of us already meeting bi investigator. What the he'll is going on over at cbp. I started in 2017. Completed my poly and passed almost 2 months ago and I'm getting zero contact. They told an investigator was contacting me any day. Didn't happen. Then they tell me my file is just sitting there waiting to be picked up by investigator. Still waiting. And not only that, my Cass goes from 63% released to opr to 50% waiting to be reviewed by hrm. What hell is going on over there. Are they just skipping older applicants. I mean we have put in a lot of time on this and we can't even get feedback or an explanation.

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        So dumb question how do you contact your case manager? Also does he have any impact on the other aspects of the process aka poly
        Last edited by cs333; 08-02-2018, 09:23 AM.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        @ cs333 You can find your case manager info when you received your EQIP info (how to log in and stuff) there at the bottom of the email there will be name and contact info on your case manager. I do not know if they any impact but since I have been in contact with my case manager my SI, Poly and BI came right after another. Even my eqip was released quicker to OPR ( the next day). It doesn't hurt asking. It also depends on your case manager as well mine is awesome replies right back and gives me alot of info.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        d2ep thanks i shot him an email doesnt hurt to try I guess.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        d2ep thanks i shot him an email doesnt hurt to try I guess.
    • category631
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2018

I have to say I believe that the varieties in different timelines for everyone are based on multiple factors. Medical Review, Poly Review, Background Review, Investigator locations... I highly doubt CBP will just skip over qualified applicants. The name of the game is patience. There are a bunch of people on this forum that have waited just as others and if qualified gotten the call. Stay the course and if a decent amount of time passes contact your Case Manager. From what I have seen there is a decent lapse between interview, the med review, to poly so prepared to go about your business and wait. Positive vibes to everyone... and just my 2 cents to keep morale up

Comment

• Nycguy718
        Nycguy718 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it also has to do with the port you are going to. I started in late October of last year and I already got “the call” and EOD dates and all. I’m headed to JFK. So it might be depending availability at the port.

• epesguerra
        epesguerra commented
        Editing a comment
        17-9, passed poly 2 months ago. BI still in personnel security process. Patience is key, checking CASS daily doesn't help lol. Once poly is done, hard part is over.

• lordofbk43
        lordofbk43 commented
        Editing a comment
        Patience truly is key when applying for a government position. For example Im a 17-7 applicant I applied back in the beginning of May 2017. The process for me was up and down from completing medical in June, to completing the fitness exam in July, then to have my Equip kicked back 6-7 times to have it finally go thru 5 months later, Completed my SI right before Thanksgiving, to doing my Poly a week before Christmas, Met with BI the 1st week of January of 2018, Drug test at the beginning of Feb, only to be placed in TSU since 2/13/18. Ive been stuck in TSU since then. I basically completed all steps in 9 months just to now sit in TSU waiting for the Final Offer Call for 5 months and counting. Everyday I get more and more anxious waiting on the call for my offer to the SWB of Texas. Being prior Military the whole term of Hurry up and Wait has taken on a new shape. Ive considered reapplying under a different announcement multiple times just to get a call but have backed out due to the locations being offered. Id rather have the POE I desire then to be stuck some place I don't desire. Watching other applicants with announcements after mine get called is a little annoying but I can't control how CBP does their hiring process. All I can do is stay focused on what I can control and move forward. The hard part of the process is over now all I can do is stay low key, focus on my current situation, and keep my self healthy. My time is coming I just have to focus on what I can control.

Congrats to everyone who has completed the process and everyone who is still in the hunt just keep your eyes on the prize and move forward.

• category631
        category631 commented
        Editing a comment
        lordofbk43 hit the nail on the head if you ask me. Stay the course. This department NEEDS people... Have a good wknd all
    • ROBYM88
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2017

Anyone going to Nogales?

Comment

• Casper_Talon
        Casper_Talon commented
        Editing a comment
        I EOD @ Nogales Nov 16th -Dec 2nd. Then Fletc Dec 3rd. Anyone close or on those dates reporting too?

• ROBYM88
        ROBYM88 commented
        Editing a comment
        My EOD is November 2nd. Academy is the 20th. Anyone from that area already?

• Dr.Andromeda
        Dr.Andromeda commented
        Editing a comment
        ROBYM88 Hal29 dbnicole I selected Nogales. CASS is at 38%, still waiting for a medical clearance (they need me to take another vision test.... damn), BI, poly and drug test. Recruiter tells me if all goes well I should be on board by this winter.

Hope to meet up with you all in the near future!

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-8 DH, I selected Nogales
    • Foxx310
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

What's going ob, going through the process right now, does anyone have some pointers for the interview?? MEDs and Fitness should be a walk in the park.

CBPO 18-10 (Direct Hire)
      Application Close Dates: 7/14/2018
      Examination: 7/7/2018
      Notice of Result: 7/11/2018 – Passed
      Notice of Pre-Employment 7/30/2018
      e-QIP Submitted: 7/31/2018
      Medical Exam: Pending
      Fitness Exam: Pending
      e-QIP Released to OPR: Pending
      Structured Interview: Scheduled for 8/29/2018
      Pending the rest of the steps

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fitness gets through a lot quicker. For meds it is a complete process they go through. Look at any medical issues, vision and hearing and all the good stuff. A lot of people have to submit additional medical information or see another Dr. To get cleared. I myself did not have to submit additional. The only thing I had to do was sign the form. MHC emailed it to me because they forgot to have me sign it at medical. But if you have no issue, you are good.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Foxx310 yeah a lot of ppl get put on med review including myself and they ask you to go to a dr for a clearence letter

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        So there's two ways around it then? You can either be cleared from MEDs right off the bat or you go through MEDs review and more than likely need a clearance letter from a DR.? Got you!!

• SB718
        SB718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi! I also applied 18-10, regular and DH.
        My SI is scheduled for 9/13/18. Good luck!
    • Hal29
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

I notice they are processing and getting si in much faster than in the past. It took me 5 months just to get scheduled for my si and then a month after for my 1st poly and then another month for my 2nd poly. I should of re-applied. Probably be done by now....lol.

Comment

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did they make you do a second poly? I've noticed CBP makes many applicants take 2nd and 3rd polys

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao i compleyely feel you Hal29 i applied in February and had SI last month so in the same boat

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dbnicole they sent you your tsu letter and just now starting your bi investigation? I thought tsu was at the end of the process. My bi started a long time ago. I haven't been contacted by tsu or an investigator. I started the process in September 2017.

• dbnicole
        dbnicole commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29, it seems that everyones process goes by differently. I'm thinking being female is putting a little more rush to my process? I replied to one of your posts on page 3726. PM if you'd like, might be easier to help you out. But i'd say contact your case manager. I'm provisional and honestly don't have much work history besides seasonal jobs, college and college apartment addresses. My references are also people that are in BP or CBP soooo idk if that makes investigators jobs easier?
    • N.N.
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

I'm an 18-5 DH applicant and was planning on applying to the regular 18-12 announcement that just came out, but as I was going thru the checklist, it says that Entrance Exam scores prior to July 1, 2018 are no longer valid... Has anyone that had an older active application applied to one of the bids after July 1st? Do they make you re-take the entrance exam?

I like some of the new locations on the current announcement, but it's not worth sitting thru a 4 hour test I already took.

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        cs333 well crap, so even people in the process currently would need to re-take it? That's a major bummer -_-

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea there is no more math portion/language portion. It's just the English portion now.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is crazy. Yup I applied in 2017. Yeah I won't reapply . I guess they made it easier?

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        I reapplied see if I can get qualified for higher grade and since I took the test 6 months ago I got an email saying if I wanted to take test again or reuse the old test score. I chose old test score and lets see what happens. So I do not think if you reapply you would have to retake the test.
    • Hal29
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Foxx310
      Why did they make you do a second poly? I've noticed CBP makes many applicants take 2nd and 3rd polys
      because my 1st poly was inconclusive, so I took a 2nd one to clear anything up. They don't go into a whole lot of detail on why.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fox310. Did they say that they will still need to take the Spanish in academy? Or did they drop that too?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Casper_Talon what job posting are you? You 17 or 18?

• Foxx310
        Foxx310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29

You take Spanish courses during the academy depending on your fluency.

• Casper_Talon
        Casper_Talon commented
        Editing a comment
        @Hal29
        I was 17-9, finished and sent to TSU in April. Waited until June, no "Call" so re-applied to 18-8. Everything transfered in about a month, then got the call some weeks ago.
    • Hal29
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by cs333
      Lmao i compleyely feel you Hal29 i applied in February and had SI last month so in the same boat
      I started September 2017.

Comment

• Hal29
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by dbnicole
        I'm going to Nogales! Finally received my TSU email yesterday and my background email today. I have employers in multiple cities so I;m guessing one of many of my investigators contacted me today to let me know that my background investigation is beginning. I did put in for provisional clearance though. Hopefully that speeds up the process!
        You got a tsu letter but they are just now starting your bi. Mine started a while back but have not been contacted by an investigator or a tsu email. I am provisional for Nogales as well. What was your announcement?

Comment

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          TSU email let me know I was missing a form. Still progress I'd say. I emailed my case manager before hand and next day I received that email. Then i received the email from an investigator the following day saying she was initiating my investigation. It could also be that they are in need of females and maybe that's what is speeding up my process? I have no idea really... My announcement was 18-2 I believe. Applied in November....I think. I'm not too sure on times

• dbnicole
          dbnicole commented
          Editing a comment
          Guest I put in for Nogales. There is a 33% incentive, which I would assume it's because they are short since no one typically wants Nogales. So yes, I'm pretty sure I'm getting Nogales. It's also been listed on every announcement to this day, I'm sure it's because they are still in need.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19448 users online. 58 members and 19390 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...