Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Showtime0811
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2014

Thanks for your help. I actually sent an email for the EQIP today and they responded back and sent me the link to start the background packet and I just finished and sent it back in. I’m just worried about my credit, we shall see.

Comment

• d2ep
      CBP EWR
      • Dec 2010

I heard on other forum that recently in past week or so even DH is getting all available location. So anyone with DH you might able to ask for other location posted in current announcement.

P.S. This is what I read on other forum.

Comment

• ajred99
        Forum Member
        • May 2018

Good Morning Everyone, I’ve been following this thread for a few months and finally registered. I really appreciate the info and hope to give some back. I’m a DH from 17-11 and like the post mentioned above, I just got the call yesterday and was offered many options within the SWB.

CA:
        Otay Mesa
        SYS
        Calixico

AZ:
        San luis
        Lukeville
        Nogales
        Douglas

TX:
        Presido
        Roma
        Brownsville
        Laredo
        Eagle Pass

I’m leaning towards Brownsville as the housing looks great and is close to the ocean and San Antonio.

Thanks again for posting such great information.

Comment

• J.C29
        Forum Member
        • May 2018

For those who have sent in additional medical information. How long did it take to get approved?
        GS-5 18-3
        01/17/18 - NOR
        01/24/18 - Medical (Passed 06/07/18)
        03/01/18 - Fitness
        03/05/18 - eQip Released to OPR
        03/28/18 - Structured Interview
        --/--/------ - Polygraph (Used results from another agency)
        05/01/18 - Drug Test
        05/09/18 - Met with BI
        05/23/18 - BI said he submitted everything
        09/24/18 - EOD

Comment

• Jones415
          Jones415 commented
          Editing a comment
          Quickly for me. Maybe a week or two. However that was last July, they may be backed up now.

• RJ_Jersey
          RJ_Jersey commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you send them the information they needed?
          I sent mine back this past Monday so hopefully they approve it quicky, Idk what else to send to them.

I just had to get my VA doctor to sign off on this packet that I can lift, crawl, etc. due to my 10% disability compensation. It was such a waste of time and my Doctor was taken back by it because CBP had us perform the fitness test then months later request more medical information haha, you would think this would be done prior to having an applicant do push-ups haha

• J.C29
          J.C29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I sent the information in last Wednesday, and got the notification today that it was received.

• J.C29
          J.C29 commented
          Editing a comment
          RJ_Jersey I just got an email from medical, saying they need my VA disability rating and decision documents (2 parts). I see you had to go through something similar. I was just wondering if this is something I could pull from ebenefits or do I have to call the VA. I'm 10% as well.
      • FTO Sammich
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2017

Well boys and girls, I finally received The Call. Never thought it was going to come. I appreciate all the help from everyone. I was offered 4 POEs in Arizona with the 33% Incentive. I would have loved to go to the southern border for the year round nice weather and the experience, but I have children and think that the area may be too much of a shock to them. Therefore I accepted my original selection. Good luck to everyone still in the process. Stay positive and patient.

GS-9 - Houlton, Maine

Also, for those wondering. They offered me my 17-7 GS-5 offer and the 18-7 GS-9 offer in the same call.
        Last edited by FTO Sammich; 05-23-2018, 02:43 PM.
        17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
        5/10/17 - Exam
        5/19/17 - Exam NOR
        5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
        6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
        7/05/17 - Medical Exam
        7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
        7/26/17 - PFT 1
        8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
        8/25/17 - SI
        8/26/17 - SI NOR
        11/29/17 - Polygraph
        12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
        12/21/17 - BI Interview
        2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
        3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
        5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          FTO Sammich I originally put in for grand portage Minnesota until I seen that you would have to live in a town about 1 hour away as well as there is no good housing market there and the nearest Wal-Mart is a hour in a half away. Houlton has all my attention now.

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          On the bright side no need for air conditioning or the costs to install a pool. Good luck up there.

• ThGreatFandango
          ThGreatFandango commented
          Editing a comment
          Grats bud! I was hoping to be close to you in the process for the same port, but I stalled out in medical over nonsense, haven't heard anything back yet whether I'm continuing or not.

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          Heeyyyyy Fandango, I’m happy to hear from you. Thank you bud, I hope you hear something soon. Shoot them and email for an update ( I’m sure you have). Hopefully your app gets moving along. Good luck, let me know any news.
      • invertedPanda
        Forum Member
        • May 2014

What's normal for a background investigator when they reach out to contacts to verify your information? I have one that has talked to my current work partner, former manger, current supervisor, my landlord, hasn't talked to my significant other, hasn't talked to my family but still wants more contacts so someone can verify I lived at a previous home ten years ago...I've explained very clearly I have little to no friends and has been that way for some time. I truly don't have anyone I can provide to verify that information other than family, who hasn't been contacted.

Apparently, the BI is going to submit my application back as incomplete. Freaking contractors...

I'm a current DHS employee with a clearance for added bonus.

Comment

• blackraiin
          blackraiin commented
          Editing a comment
          Kinda feel your pain. I moved from one state to another and mines wanted to speak with neighbors. Anywhere I’ve lived I really have not had a relationship with neighbors. Kind of an in-and-out type of person. Work to home and home to work.
      • FTO Sammich
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2017

Can anyone tell me if the RUS Pay Scale applies to all the US Ports that do not have a specific locality Pay Scale?
        17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
        5/10/17 - Exam
        5/19/17 - Exam NOR
        7/05/17 - Medical Exam
        7/26/17 - PFT 1
        8/25/17 - SI
        8/26/17 - SI NOR
        11/29/17 - Polygraph
        12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
        12/21/17 - BI Interview

3/14/18 - Drug Test
        5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I haven't even checked, but in your case, almost positive there's not one for Maine.

• FTO Sammich
          FTO Sammich commented
          Editing a comment
          So Houlton would fall under the RUS then, correct?

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, ME falls under rest of US. It kinda sucks...
      • FTO Sammich
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2017

Double Post
        Last edited by FTO Sammich; 05-24-2018, 10:22 PM.
        17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
        5/10/17 - Exam
        5/19/17 - Exam NOR
        7/05/17 - Medical Exam
        7/26/17 - PFT 1
        8/25/17 - SI
        8/26/17 - SI NOR
        11/29/17 - Polygraph
        12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
        12/21/17 - BI Interview

3/14/18 - Drug Test
        5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• brandonnang
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2018

Been about 16 days since drug exam, everything cleared, but haven't been contacted by TSU yet. So close it's giving me anxiety lol.
          CBPO - JFK, NY

Comment

• FTO Sammich
            FTO Sammich commented
            Editing a comment
            It will be coming. Hang in there.
        • FTO Sammich
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2017

For anyone that has entered on duty recently, do you get paid on the first pay day or do they hold a pay?
          17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
          5/10/17 - Exam
          5/19/17 - Exam NOR
          7/05/17 - Medical Exam
          7/26/17 - PFT 1
          8/25/17 - SI
          8/26/17 - SI NOR
          11/29/17 - Polygraph
          12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
          12/21/17 - BI Interview

3/14/18 - Drug Test
          5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• tino215
            tino215 commented
            Editing a comment
            comment number is #55555 is nice number
        • Steph631_
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2014

Hello all. Just received my notification of unfavorable polygraph results. Took it 5/10 and was not given a preliminary decision by my examiner. Good luck to you all.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm so sorry to hear.. That's a major bummer I thought usually when people fail the examiner pretty much tells you right then and there. That's unfortunate yours didn't...

• Nycguy718
            Nycguy718 commented
            Editing a comment
            So sorry to hear. Will they let you retake it or that’s the end?

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had my first polygraph in early February and the examiner said I didn't fail but he couldn't pass me. He also said and I quote, "I have no doubt you can pass this test." I spent 5 hours in there with him with a few short breaks. I drove 6 hours each way and had to get a hotel room. The second polygraph was about 6 weeks later with the same examiner (CBP Special Agent) in the same city (Chicago). Again, I drove 6 hours each way and got a hotel room. I spent another 5 hours in his office with a few short breaks in between. At the end he asked me if I needed to update my eQIP and I said that nothing had changed. I asked him if I passed and he said "Quality Control" will let me know after he sends up his report. I waited about 3 weeks and then received "unfavorable results". I don't have a criminal history at all and nothing else that would be an issue for the agency.

Being that it has been a couple months since they withdrew my aplication, in the end, with much reflection, I see it as their loss. They are passing up on outstanding candidates with solid backgrounds and high moral character. You would think if they had doubts about a person, but wanted them, then they would initiate the background interviews before withdrawing a great candidate.

I've had a polygraph in the past (10 years ago) and a voice stress test (3 years ago) and passed them with flying colors. I currently work for my state's government but I would have loved working for CBP for a career.

From this article http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...113-story.html which has been linked before, I really believe what the LA Lieutenant said. "If there's an exam that lasts four to eight hours, your polygrapher is either incompetent or a fool or both," said Capt. Alan Hamilton, commanding officer of the Los Angeles Police Department's recruitment and employment division. His department's exams last no longer than 90 minutes.

Handler said prolonged, accusatory interviews can lead to failures for people who are telling the truth. Lie detectors measure blood pressure, sweating and breathing."

Also, in that article, it states that CBP fails 2/3 applicants. Some interviewed for the article speculated that examiners probably fail people to help justify their own jobs. I don't know if I believe that, but my entire polygraph experience with CBP was not normal, from previous experiences.

Anyhow, good luck with your future career goals.
            Last edited by county25; 05-26-2018, 02:43 AM.

• JeJe
            JeJe commented
            Editing a comment
            County25 you are a 100% correct. CBP has a very bad reputation in polygraph exams and Though they said it changed in recent months, I believe that nothing really changed and failure occurs later on, they are just playing the system to look good to other Gov agencies and the union. I had mine 5/16 and still waiting, I won’t be surprised if I get unfavorable results also. He told me that everything looked fine, whatever that means.
        • Steph631_
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2014

Double post.
          Last edited by Steph631_; 05-25-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Vivi
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2017

Hello everyone!!!
            I applied under 17-10 announcement and was qualified for g-7 grade pay. During that time I was in school working towards master degree in Criminal Justice. However, I just graduated this month and thinking to reapply for g-9 grade pay. My question is what are the chances that I'm going to be qualified for g-9, anyone experienced the same thing?

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              According to the most recent GS-9 announcement, you qualify if you have:

"b. Two full years of graduate level education (equivalent to 36 semester credits or 54 quarter credits) in a field of study related to law enforcement (e.g., criminology, criminal justice, law enforcement, courts and judicial systems, corrections and rehabilitation, justice studies, homeland security, forensic technology and forensic psychology) from an accredited college or university."

So as long as you have 36 grad school credits for Criminal Justice, you should absolutely qualify.
          • J.C29
            Forum Member
            • May 2018

I'm 18-3 and got selected for GS-5. I tried for GS-7 and they said I didn't qualify. I have a bachelors degree with a 3.5 gpa, and I served for 6 years in the military. Looking at the posting, I should qualify for GS-7. Looking for some advice please. Should I send an email to my case manager? I don't want to reapply and get turned down again.
            GS-5 18-3
            01/17/18 - NOR
            01/24/18 - Medical (Passed 06/07/18)
            03/01/18 - Fitness
            03/05/18 - eQip Released to OPR
            03/28/18 - Structured Interview
            --/--/------ - Polygraph (Used results from another agency)
            05/01/18 - Drug Test
            05/09/18 - Met with BI
            05/23/18 - BI said he submitted everything
            09/24/18 - EOD

Comment

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, I got gs7 for 3.4 gpa and no military.

• county25
              county25 commented
              Editing a comment
              You would probably have to reapply, but by all means, ask. My guess is your resume isn't descriptive enough or contains the required information according to the resume builder on usajobs.

• Mike924
              Mike924 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you attach your transcripts to your application? I have a bachelor's with a 3.4 with military...but no vet points...I got gs7 qual

• J.C29
              J.C29 commented
              Editing a comment
              I did attach my transcripts. They must've just overlooked it or something. I'm going to send an email to my case manager tomorrow.
          • N.N.
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2018

Question: I read on another forum that supposedly, you can have both a Direct Hire AND a 'regular' application open and running at the same time. Does anyone happen to know if this is true?

I'm currently on 18-5 DH, but would like to apply to one of the competitive bids as well to have some more location options down the road. But, I don't want to do it if there's a chance it could override my Direct Hire application (DH seems to move faster than regular bids). Any advice?

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh cool thanks for the info! You think re-doing med was just because it had expired?

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Think it was 6 months, maybe less, so I'm not sure if they have a date which you don't have to redo it.

• d2ep
              d2ep commented
              Editing a comment
              @ N.N. I have both running as same time. I first applied regular and then applied DH just to see if that pushes the process faster or not. And everything from regular announcement transferred to DH including medical and PFT. Both running side by side.

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info guys!

I think I'm gonna see what locations come up for the June bid and may add one on to my DH application.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16471 users online. 45 members and 16426 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...