Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elgin_87
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

So, I going to reapply for another location. Does everything I've done so far transfer over? Will it take me longer to get a official offer? Do I have to withdraw original application or will it just go by the last one I applied for?

Comment

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not too sure. I have been seeing some people say that they are being offered whatever ports are open at the time of being offered the EOD so that might just be wasting your time.

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you JAK060813 So you really cant prepare yourself where you going to be at?

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      I spoke with someone in CBP and they said that they will offer you whatever ports are available at the time you get your EOD. If your initial port isn't full that will be offered to you but you can ask if there are any other ports available...and they will give you other alternative locations to choose from. I hope that helps. I initially applied for a CA port but I am kind of hoping now that I learned there is a pre-academy and I will need to find a place to stay on top of having a family back home and mortgage...hoping for a port closer to family so I can stay with them. We shall see
  • lil-secrecy
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2016

Hey everyone!
    I wanted to post my timeline to help everybody else along as well.

I applied for the 18-1 announcement.
    Keep in mind I've already got an adjudicated clearance from my current job; plus, I'm a veteran.
    I'm hoping these 2 together speed up my process a little.
    So, your mileage may vary on the security checks/background clearance.

-30 days ** 10/01/2017 - Announcement opened; and I applied immediately; received invitation to take assessment.
    -14 days ** 10/17/2017 - Entrance examination taken
    -04 days ** 10/27/2017 - Received NOR (notice of results) w/ a rating of "96" for my grade, vet pref not adjudicated

10/31/2017 - Announcement closed

+08 days ** 11/08/2017 - Referral email
    +09 days ** 11/09/2017 - Applicant ID received; CBP portal active
    +13 days ** 11/13/2017 - eQIP package submitted online
    +21 days ** 11/21/2017 - Medical exam completed, no issues.
    +37 days ** 12/07/2017 - Fitness exam completed, passed.

xx/xx/xx - Drug screening yet to be scheduled.
    xx/xx/xx - Polygraph yet to be scheduled.
    xx/xx/xx - Structured interview yet to be scheduled.
    Last edited by lil-secrecy; 12-07-2017, 04:29 PM.
    18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
    11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
    11/21/17 Medical exam done.
    12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
    12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
    01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
    01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
    01/23/18 SI scheduled.
    02/14/18 SI interview
    02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
    03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
    05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
    09/07/18 Application withdrawn
    03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steph631_ Cool. I'm assuming that if we get hired we would be in the same academy?

• Steph631_
      Steph631_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not sure how that works honestly. Did you apply for Queens, NY? Elgin_87

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Grand portage the 1st time then Maine the 2nd. Steph631_

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll go to the academy with ppl that applied to different announcements and that goes to different POE. Everything depends on how long its gonna take your BI
  • EnforceTheLawBro
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2015

Okay, so. I passed my polygraph on October 27, 2017. Im getting anxious because I have not heard from them since. I received an email about 3 weeks after my poly that I neeeded to send my official graduation transcripts. I sent them out, they confirmed them, and didn’t hear from them anymore. Does anyone know how long it will take for a BI to contact me? I was really hoping I would be on by the beginning of 2018, as I have a clean background, and good credit. Thank you in advance!!

Comment

• JAK060813
      JAK060813 commented
      Editing a comment
      After I took my poly it took 2 months to hear from my BI. I am 17-6 announcement and just met with my BI and am waiting for the next step which is probably Drug Test

• milushka22
      milushka22 commented
      Editing a comment
      17-6 here. Took my poly on 10.26.17, 2 weeks later it updated to pass, i have not heard from anyone yet.
  • GD1R90
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2017

I got the call yesterday to schedule my polygraph. Its been roughly 7 weeks since NOR of passing my SI. I'll be going for it in the beginning of January in Buffalo, NY.

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      They called from my local area code and I was offered the first available date and time for the first week in January.

• ExtraRely
      ExtraRely commented
      Editing a comment
      Killin me lol still no return call. Don’t wanna be blowing up his phone though.

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure they'll get back to you soon.

• ExtraRely
      ExtraRely commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I’m hoping by the end of the day. Best of luck on yours though!
  • Krash777
    • Nov 2017

Mac1186 I’m a Deputy in Washington and it has nothing to do with pay but more of quality of life. I’ll miss my take home car and other parts of the job but I’m done playing adult babysitter. Being a CBPO will be kind of bland at times which is not like being a Deputy but not going call to call all shift and constantly pushing overtime because I got into **** at the end of my shift will nice. Plus much fewer reports.
    Last edited by Krash777; 12-08-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I see what you mean. I’m trying to decide whether I should choose CBP(Blaine) over Seattle PD. I’m leaning heavily towards one but I’m still unsure. I’ve recieved an offer from CBP and I’m in the second half of the hiring process for SPD. Is there any advice you would suggest? I’m in the Military and I’ll be off active duty in the next couple of months so my decision is coming up fairly soon.

• 3nf0rc3r
      3nf0rc3r commented
      Editing a comment
      Krash777 I don't mean to burst your bubble, and I don't know what port you applied for, but CBP has to constantly push overtime because they got into stuff at the end of shift. Especially if you're at a checkpoint, that will never go away.
  • Krash777
    • Nov 2017

Mac1186 kind of depends on your personality. SPD makes good money and I have a few friends there that enjoy it but that’s because they can handle how liberal they are there. SPD came under review from the DOJ and have their hands tied in so many things that I think interfere with Officer safety. However, if your looking for action and lack of monotony, I would choose a PD. A fed job is more secure though as far as keeping your job and your pay will eventually level out in the 6 figure range once you hit the GS-12 mark.

Comment

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think you could of said it any better, it really does depend on personality, and I’m just trying to decide where mine fits the best. I know some enjoy the mundane and ease of collecting a check but I don’t. Neither choice is truly about the money. I plan to retire from my upcoming decision so it’s not just looking at a job for 4-5 years it’s looking at the position in its entirety. If I start in this entry level position where can I see myself in the department in 10,15, and 20 years and comparing that to each department. Of course my overall happiness plays a large factor in it all and Im really just looking to make a positive impact on my community, and inspire people to cause positive change. I have 6 months to decide..
  • MarkGS
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

Hi guys, am already in the hiring process for SYS. But cbp has a new posting and JFK is among the airports they are hiring for. If I apply to the new posting for JFK, what will happen to my current application for SYS?
    Last edited by MarkGS; 12-09-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• GD1R90
      GD1R90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything you've done so far will transfer to the new application.
  • Krash777
    • Nov 2017

Mac1186 what set my decision is that I can buy back my active duty years to apply to my CBP retirement.

Comment

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that is definitely a positive. Have you done the math for retirement? Like how much it’s costs you to but back your years? Additionally OPM says for FERS it’s 1.7% for your “high three” up to 20 years and 1% after those 20. SPD is 2% without a max on years. Trying to work out the total figure comparatively is hard because you don’t know what position you will be in come 20 years plus.
  • JAK060813
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

My BI met with me, talked to my Supervisor at work, my neighbors...but hasn't talked to wife or references yet. Do they always talk to everyone on your application. And has anyone taken the drug test after meeting with their BI. I have yet to take that. Anxiously waiting!

Comment

• atlder
      atlder commented
      Editing a comment
      batman_robin, would announcement number affect who the BI talk to?

• batman_robin
      batman_robin commented
      Editing a comment
      not sure. im 17-9 and just took SI back in october, so im just curious

• ROBYM88
      ROBYM88 commented
      Editing a comment
      The BI spoke with my current employer and 3 or 4 previous ones. I'm 17-7, don't know if it is the same process for all job announcements.

• Jarymoly
      Jarymoly commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes they're going to talk with your references.
  • Sheridan1
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2013

Have my structured interview scheduled. The email said it could take 3-4 hours?? I thought it was just a standard handful of questions they ask.

Comment

• superquagdingo
      superquagdingo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah its literally just a few questions. The whole process took 30 minutes or so for me including fingerprinting. 3-4 hours is I assume in case anything delays your scheduled interview time or if a lot of other people are there interviewing same day.
  • superquagdingo
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2017

Any 17-9's out there want to chime in with were they are in the process? I took the SI on 11/15 and have yet to be scheduled for polygraph. Looking like a two month wait has become the norm.

Comment

• Casper_Talon
      Casper_Talon commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 17-9, applied for Blaine. CAAS shows all green on medical, ptf1, e-QUIP and SI. Had my SI 11/29. BI shows in progress, waiting on the rest.

• Acenall
      Acenall commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 17-9 as well, Douglas, AZ. I had my SI (Chicago) on 11/30 and was notified 12/1 of a pass. I also had to submit additional medical and it still has not cleared. I have not been scheduled for a Poly

• atlder
      atlder commented
      Editing a comment
      Acenall, I'm a 17-8 for Douglas, too. I haven't seen anyone one on here for Douglas. Good luck on your process!

• SpiFee
      SpiFee commented
      Editing a comment
      I've applied to the cbpo gs9 17-9 announcement as well and this is where I'm at thus far:

Announcement close out date: July 30th 2017
      NOR: AUG 17
      TSL: AUG 23
      BI: AUG 28
      Medical Exam: Aug 31 - pending
      PFT1: SEP 13 - Passed
      Case manager change: SEP 22
      BI Released to OPR: OCT 04 - pending
      SI: OCT 16
      SI NOR: OCT 17 - Passed

This week makes 8 weeks waiting for polygraph email/phone call and drug test and still waiting. With the holidays coming around the corner I'm guessing it will be January before I hear anything, still hopeful as ever though!!! Maybe it will be a Christmas present....

I have emailed just to make sure I haven't missed anything and they said that once a spot opens up for the examiner that I'd be contacted.
  • Argjig88
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2017

Can anyone comment on how it works for "location negotiable selection"? The only thing I'm waiting on is my BI to finish. It has been going for 3 months now. Really hoping to get Austin, TX.

Comment

• ROBYM88
      ROBYM88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I chose the location negotiable selection as well. I had the interview with the BI a month ago and still haven't heard anything.

• Argjig88
      Argjig88 commented
      Editing a comment
      ROBYM88 sounds like we are in the same boat. It's hard to wait and not think about it especially knowing we are so close to being done.

• ROBYM88
      ROBYM88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. I'm trying to be patient.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck getting Austin. Fairly small port, highly desirable internally.
  • FTO Sammich
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2017

17-7 Announcement here. Just completed the Poly on Nov-29th and re-certified my eQIP the following week to start the field investigation . Been watching the forum for a while to get as much information as possible. Does anyone have any helpful information regarding Jackman??
    17-7 Announcement GS-5

4/10/17 - Applied
    5/10/17 - Exam
    5/19/17 - Exam NOR
    5/31/17 - Selection Letter - Jackman, Maine
    6/01/17 - eQIP packet submitted
    7/05/17 - Medical Exam
    7/05/17 - eQIP rejected - resubmitted same day
    7/26/17 - PFT 1
    8/02/17 - eQIP released to OPR
    8/25/17 - SI
    8/26/17 - SI NOR
    11/29/17 - Polygraph
    12/06/17 - Polygraph NOR
    12/21/17 - BI Interview
    2/28/18 - Background Cleared

3/14/18 - Drug Test
    3/22/18 - Referred to TSU
    5/23/18 - The Call

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      60 officer port, fairly new complex. 70 miles from the nearest US Wal-Mart.

• FTO Sammich
      FTO Sammich commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. That doesn’t sound too bad. I don’t mind driving that to get to a Walmart either. Could be worse. Does the 25% hiring incentive get paid out on the EOD date? That would be a great help for paying for expenses during pre-academy.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've heard it takes roughly two months for that incentive check to roll out to the bank account.
  • Hunter23
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2017

Hi all,

New to site and just thought I would share where I am in process.

10/23/17 - Applied to 18-1 Blaine
    11/12/17 - Entrance Exam
    11/20/17 - NOR - PASS
    12/6/17 - Tentative Selection Letter
    12/8/17 - EQIP Submitted
    12/14/17 - Medical Exam

Comment

• Steph631_
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2014

How long after medical did you all get a green check on CASS?

Comment

• GD1R90
        GD1R90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine took 7 weeks but there was a box I forgot to check on the paperwork. Someone called me from CHS and asked me over the phone what my answer was supposed to be and checked it for me.

• Steph631_
        Steph631_ commented
        Editing a comment
        GD1R90 oh wow that’s quite a while. Last time I applied and was denied and had to redo a vision exam at my own expense. Hope this time it’s all ok.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16455 users online. 41 members and 16414 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...