X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fathitman
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2016

Originally posted by DallyDallington
    Are the medical exam and the first fitness exam completed on the same day?
    I did both in one day but some people had them separate. Just depends I guess.

If anyone is starting in Blaine soon send me a PM. My report date is the 29th.

Comment

• Casper_Talon
      Casper_Talon commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you in Blaine now? How's the weather and surrounding areas? Did you make the 3K+ mile drive?

• keifehr
      keifehr commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got my Medical and Physical on a separate appointment.
      fathitman I applied for Blaine too, still waiting on MEdical and BI to clear. And appt for my Poly.
      Good luck and Let me know how it is on BLaine. Send me a PM if you can. Thanks

• county25
      county25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! I chose Blaine as well, but I'm still waiting on polygraph/BI to be scheduled. Only time will tell.

• Mac1186
      Mac1186 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I'm in the same boat as well. 17-7 waiting for BI/poly Blaine location. Hopefully everything speeds up after the end of the fiscal year.
  • merlin436
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Diesel27
    CBP 17-10 Announcement - Does anyone know how the "location negotiable" applies to this direct hire announcement (CBP 17-10)? Is there any plausible opportunity I could get a duty location other than that listed in the announcement? i.e. Boston?
    I'd say possible...but unlikely.

Comment

• batman_robin
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2016

Hello, i got an email saying to fix my eqip and submit the residency and provisional clearance forms because i inputed some wrong information. I fixed the eqip but forgot to attach the two forms and submitted the eqip already and was wondering what will happen next. I emailed my BI and told them but have not received a response.

Comment

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm pretty sure you have done what you can, but if you don't get a response from the BI-hiringbox e-mail within a day or two, then I would suggest sending an e-mail to the eQIP email/contact on this page: https://www.cbp.gov/careers/hc-contact-table .
        ( [email protected] ) Make sure you always include your name and applicant ID on all emails submitted.

Most likely they will just send you another email to edit/fix your eQIP and attach the forms at the end of it. They may just have you send the forms in an email to them. I think as long as you make the effort and let them know what happened, then they will help you to get it right. With my experience with the hiring process so far - I don't think they want to force anyone out for something simple - just make the effort if you made a mistake.
    • Glkslngr
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2011

Hi all! When I log in to see my progress, for the fitness exam 2 it says “N/A- not applicable”. I thought the second fitness test is where the 1.5 mike run takes place, correct?
      Last edited by Glkslngr; 09-26-2017, 06:22 PM. Reason: original post deleted in error
      Actually, I'm a woman. https://forum.officer.com/core/smili...lies/smile.png

Comment

• fathitman
        fathitman commented
        Editing a comment
        They pushed back the PFT 2 so now you take it at the academy and not before you get hired. So now it is not apart of the hiring process like it originally was. So yes you will still have to do the run but at the academy.

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        It says announcements 17-3 and after dont require it. Which is good. One less step. But should still stay in shape.

• Glkslngr
        Glkslngr commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the replies guys. Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing somewhere that the shuffle and box lift weren’t necessary for exams after a certain number but I didn’t know it applied to the mile run as well. I will definitely still stay in shape. Thanks!
    • ExtraRely
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2016

To piggyback on Diesels question, for those who applied for the VRA posting (not direct hire), when they say its "location negotiable" but then give you the list of 10-15 or so locations that will have openings, are those realistically the places you will go or could you technically negotiate with a location that isn't specifically on there?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Champlain is the largest of the North Country ports, followed by A-Bay. Buffalo, of course, is the largest in the Field Office. If lots of overtime is your thing, pick carefully. Not all the aforementioned have huge OT budgets. I'd probably limit the choices to Buffalo, Champlain and A-Bay, if chasing plenty of overtime is a goal.

• ExtraRely
        ExtraRely commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha. I appreciate the info. In your opinion, although Alex Bay is the only NY port that shows up on the job vacancy, could negotiating Buffalo specifically yield some positive results or is that a mere pipe dream? Lol that or Alex Bay would be ideal, Buffalo being preferable.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Syracuse has a small port. Rochester, an even smaller one.

You can ask for an non-advertised location. The worst they'll say is "no". That recent Trout River VRA hire, that was a surprise to everyone in TR...and TR hasn't been on any priority hiring list for years. So, I'd say it's at least possible to cherry-pick some ports off the VRA announcement.

• ExtraRely
        ExtraRely commented
        Editing a comment
        Heard about Syracuse and Rochester as well, I know they’re smaller offices though but hey like you said, it doesn’t hurt to ask!
    • TheSlammer
      Walmart Greeter
      • Mar 2013

Im going to take the test in a few weeks. I looked at the samples they gave briefly. However...is it actually accurate? Ive taken many civil service tests and the questions werent similar to the samples provided (in terms of types of questions)

Comment

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply. Guess Ill study extra for it to ensure a passing score.

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depending how long you've been out of high school, I would probably study algebra and get good at the logical reasoning sample questions. Good luck on your test.

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow forgot how old I was...next spring will be 10yrs...jesus. Anyway. Math was my best subject anyway. I looked t hose practice ones and came back with no problem. The logical ones might be my biggest hurdle

• county25
        county25 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just take your time and try to pick the most reasonable answers. It's a long test, but if you don't let the words begin to blur together, then you'll be fine.
    • GD1R90
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2017

Does anyone know what would happen if I we're to also apply for a Border Patrol Agent position? I'm about halfway through hiring process for CBPO. Have SI in a couple weeks. Do they have a separate exam or is all the hiring criteria the same? Any help appreciated.

Comment

• toonguy15
        toonguy15 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a separate exam. I took both in four days, I thought the CBPO exam was harder. I thought I failed CBPO and passed Border Patrol. Turns out, it was the exact opposite.
    • 4GodnCntry
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Bassboy
      So in the middle of my poly I disclosed a recent arrest fora minor incident. The examiner said he couldnt proceed with testing until the Background unit did some digging on the matter. Has this happened to anyone? What should I expect?
      Why did you wait to disclose this up until the polygraph exam?

Comment

• 4GodnCntry
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by batman_robin
        Hello, i got an email saying to fix my eqip and submit the residency and provisional clearance forms because i inputed some wrong information. I fixed the eqip but forgot to attach the two forms and submitted the eqip already and was wondering what will happen next. I emailed my BI and told them but have not received a response.
        They'll probably tell you to re-do it, again, like they already did previously. Start paying attention to detail so you don't delay your chances of getting hired.

Comment

• toonguy15
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

So I recently received an email from the NGA to be a police officer at the St. Louis location. I'm still in the process of CBPO, in my mind it is in my best option to wait on CBPO, am I right?

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            How far along are you in the process? Have you taken your poly yet and passed? If not, then take the guaranteed job.

• toonguy15
            toonguy15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I'm waiting on my SI and Poly for CBPO. I haven't heard any updates for the NGA. All I've received is the offer email from HR. I'm sure it won't start for quite some time however.

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            So you still have to pass a polygraph exam which 3 out of 5 fail for CBP. Again, accept the offer you have and try to continue on in the process. If you have to reapply most of your steps will carry over anyway.

• ThGreatFandango
            ThGreatFandango commented
            Editing a comment
            Sent ya PM reference this.
        • DallyDallington
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

So if I wanted to change my original selected duty location, should I just contact my background investigator or do I have to submit another application? Has anyone done this already?

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            You're probably going to have to reapply to whatever announcement has the port you want.

• FreshStart
            FreshStart commented
            Editing a comment
            Please let me know once you find out. I'm simi in the same dilemma.

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            Just apply to the new announcement with the duty location you want and everything just carried over. You don't have to do anything over again.

• toonguy15
            toonguy15 commented
            Editing a comment
            You have to reapply for a new annoucement. I originally picked Corbun Gore,but was like no thanks and switched to Houlton.
        • tysho21
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Hey I have couple questions hope someone can help me. Recently applied for CBPO position and I would like to know
          1.who do I contact to submit religious accomadations for a male with long hair? Will they be able to be accomadate me because of their grooming standards ?
          2. Have y'all seen or known any cbp officer with long hair or turbans?
          3. Qualified as gs7 what pay step would i go in as fletc ?

thanks

Comment

• ES90
            ES90 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know of Sikhs that are allowed to wear their beards and turban. Shouldn't be an issue but it is the government so feet will be dragged getting it approved. I have no idea who to contact, I might email the MHC and ask. As a GS7 step 1 CBPO, depending on the locality pay wherever your port is, is about $40k and some change.
        • Capt_Falco
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2015

Quick question for those of you who have been through the entire process. I took the poly on 9/20 and this morning I got an email from HR saying congratulations because OPR notified them that I fulfilled the polygraph requirement and I am now ready to move on to the field investigation phase. The email also states that I must recertify my eQuip and resend all the signature forms again once I go through and add any information. Is this the normal next step before meeting with the investigator and does this mean that I passed the polygraph? Thanks for any info
          BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't say you passed the poly until you see is updated on CASS.

But it sounds like you did. Now the hard part the BI starts.

• Capt_Falco
            Capt_Falco commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I'm trying not to get too excited just yet. I just got my public trust clearance from BOP, after 2 years in, so it shouldn't be too bad.

• fathitman
            fathitman commented
            Editing a comment
            Well you will fit in.

My and another new guy are both BOP guys.

• Capt_Falco
            Capt_Falco commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man. fathitman , did you receive an actual email or notice stating you passed the poly? I just checked the CBP phone app and on there it has my polygraph separated from the general background investigation part showing it as "passed".
            Last edited by Capt_Falco; 10-05-2017, 03:31 PM.
        • njgfm
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Hello I have an urgent question, I applied back in august for job announcement CBPO 17-10, during the past month I've had to deal with personal matters and I missed the deadline for the e-QIP, at this point would I have to reapply? If so would my test scores carry over? If I do have to reapply would the process be as fast as smooth as this one?

Hope to get some help soon because the current announcement closes tomorrow and wouldn't want to wait for the next announcement, Thanks!

Comment

• GD1R90
            GD1R90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Test scores are good for 6 months. All you need to do is apply to another announcement.
        • disman
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2017

Took the PFT-1 today and I had some nonphysical problems with it. The lady that administered it decided to stop the audio and use her own stopwatch for the sit-ups and push-ups, which wasn't very convenient since the audio tells you how much time you have left. She also didn't allow breaks in between (not even 30 seconds).

I passed those sections but for the step test she skipped right to the part where the test begins, without listening to the instructions. I missed one beat but completed the entire five minutes. To my understanding that should've been a pass, but she said she had to make note of the fact that I missed a beat and that "the agency will decide".

I'm pretty sure the agency will take that as a fail, since notes are only included when a person doesn't complete the test. I'm pretty angry because if she'd listened to the instructions she would've known I can miss a beat and still pass. I don't mind redoing the test, but I'd like to know if there's anywhere I can report this so it doesn't happen again. Having to redo the test means I'm gonna be weeks behind in the process due to a careless mistake of the staff. The lady just seemed so inattentive and clueless.

Comment

• disman
            disman commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed, she didn't want to do her job at all. I was in and out in less than ten minutes. I was actually still at the facility since my friend still had to do his test. I called the department and was told they'll talk to the facility (the person I talked to sounded astounded at what I told him). They'll supposedly review the files. I still think it's likely I'll retest, but at least there's that.

• keifehr
            keifehr commented
            Editing a comment
            that sucks. the one i had was very accommodating. they let me warm up/stretch first. provided me some water, and made sure i felt comfortable on my PFT.
            She gave me an option on both Push up and Sit ups if i want to complete the 1 minute or stop at the minimum requirements.

• batman_robin
            batman_robin commented
            Editing a comment
            The one i did was conducted by a physical therapist. she was very nice and explained everything out. For the cedence, she used a machine to keep the cadence

• county25
            county25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't quote me here, but when I did my PFT1 - the administrator was under the impression you could miss about 6 cadence steps and adjust yourself back on track before you fail that part.

So, if she marked that you went off cadence once, then I think you'll be fine (but all I know is hearsay). I do know that if they mark that attempt as a fail, then you will get one more attempt after approximately 6 weeks.

Let us know and good luck.
            Last edited by county25; 09-30-2017, 06:33 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18608 users online. 42 members and 18566 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...