X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr._A.
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by dkman
    Graduated from the academy today! I want to say to all of you good luck. I know what it's like to be applying and waiting. Took me a few years over 50 applications and tests and interviews but with determination and patience anything is possible. Don't get discouraged. Plenty of agencies gave me the no thanks letters for no reason. Some people told me to look towards other career fields, I laughed at them. As long as you stick to it and want it real bad you WILL make it.
    Congratulations! Thanks for all the light you shed and hopefully you have time to continue doing so. Good luck!

Comment

• pinarsu
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sory_ann
      I have no words to explain how I feel!!! Never had issues with the law or a bad experiences with law enforcement officials. No drugs or anything like that. I cant understand, really.......
      I know. Specially when they question your integrity, really irritating.

Comment

• Lethal
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by sory_ann
        Guys, I recently went for my 2nd polygraph because the first one was inconclusive. This time things were a bit quicker. I was there for four hours. Once again, the examiner said that I may have to retake it because somehow the graphics didn't said much [emoji20] I never knew I was going to be such a difficult person to test. Apparently my physiological response didnt help. I was nervous because this opportunity was a big deal for me. I finished my Bachelor's on time, even took summer classes to speed up the process and have my qualifications ready. Currently enrolled in a Masters program. I trained very hard because I was out of shape. I have done everything right and I have prepared myself in advance to pass every step in the process. For the polygraph, I just followed their instructions, sleep, eat, dont work the night before, etc. As per the examiner, my responses on the e-QIP were truthful. Unfortunately, I will have to wait and see what will happen next. [emoji20]
        Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to tell the truth and be told that you're hiding something by an examiner.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• lilab
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2015

Graduated from the academy today! I want to say to all of you good luck. I know what it's like to be applying and waiting. Took me a few years over 50 applications and tests and interviews but with determination and patience anything is possible. Don't get discouraged. Plenty of agencies gave me the no thanks letters for no reason. Some people told me to look towards other career fields, I laughed at them. As long as you stick to it and want it real bad you WILL make it.
          Congratulations DETERMINATION PAYS OFF!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• zFinest
            Determined
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by lilab
            Just got out of poly and according to the examiner no issues found and a preliminary pass were his words . Will have to wait for confirmation.

Congratulations
            With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• tevance67
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by lilab
              Just got out of poly and according to the examiner no issues found and a preliminary pass were his words . Will have to wait for confirmation.

That's exactly how my poly examiner phrased mine when I was done, which probably means you passed. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• lilab
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by zFinest
                Congratulations
                Thank you! Once confirmed I will be SUPER DUPER EXCITED

Comment

• lilab
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2015

Originally posted by tevance67
                  That's exactly how my poly examiner phrased mine when I was done, which probably means you passed. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thank you! Gives me more hope! Now to patiently wait on my CONFIRMATION

Comment

• howlongdoihavetowaitforthis
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2015

New announcement with GS-9 too! Same ol Southwest border locations and ND again.

Comment

• merlin436
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2005

That's the first time I can recall that a CBPO announcement opens at the GS-09 level.

Border Patrol has had a few, but never before for CBPOs.

Comment

• Ashan646
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2010

Can I apply under GS9 if im already processing for a location for GS7 ?

Comment

• sassa26
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2015

WOW.... I'M TRULY HAPPY FOR YOU MAN... CONGRATULATIONS

Comment

• lilab
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2015

Question...how was the final fitness exam?

Comment

• howlongdoihavetowaitforthis
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Ashan646
                              Can I apply under GS9 if im already processing for a location for GS7 ?
                              I sure as hell would if I qualified. The one thing that can be potentially abused is that a CBPO hired at GS-5 can reapply as a GS-9 one year after working to skip from GS-7 to GS-9. Also current BP and CBPOs can apply to transfer using these announcements and take a pay cut to GS-9 step 10, good luck to new hires getting good locations now.

You qualify for the GS-9 grade level (starting salary $48,403) if you possess one of the following:

a.** One year of specialized work experience that demonstrates the ability to make rapid, accurate judgments*and decisions with

***** respect to the application of the regulations, instructions, and procedures for importing*and exporting merchandise to and from the*United States, or enforcement and administration of lawsrelating to the right of persons to enter, reside in, or depart from the*United States;OR

b.** Two full years of graduate level education in a field of study related to law enforcement (e.g., criminal justice, homeland security, justice studies, law enforcement, courts and judicial systems, forensic technology, corrections and rehabilitation) at an accredited or pre-accredited college or university;OR

c.*** A combination of successfully completed graduate level education in a field of study related to law*enforcement and specialized*work experience. This will be calculated using your resume and unofficial*transcripts submitted with your application.
                              Last edited by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis; 11-04-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• thaiboxing87
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2014

i qualify for gs 9, but don't want to slow down the app process right now for 7... I'd rather get this as quickly as possible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12114 users online. 76 members and 12038 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...