X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Firebug
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by napalmsticks
    I heard CBP is no longer requiring the poly for applicants who possess a current TS/SCI clearance. Not too sure if it is true or not... Unsure if they would still run the BI but assume so.
    This is very unlikely and is probably an unsubstantiated rumor . The polygraph requirement is coming from Public Law 111-376. That statute requires everyone applying for a law enforcement position in CBP have passed a polygraph. The law does not include an exemption for someone with a TS/SCI clearance. It is not up to the agency at all. As a matter of fact you can hold a TS/SCI clearance and still be found unsuitable for employment with a law enforcement agency. The requirements are not interchangeable.

FB

Comment

• Umcdoj1
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by mk5400
      Capitol Police application is still open.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/400522100
      USSSUD, NSAP, USCP, NPP (should have announcement coming this summer i think), and FBI Police to name a few. Keep your head up steph and you will find what you are looking for!!

Comment

• Thecldriver
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by RicoAlb
        Hello everyone,
        I was in the process for CBP and after I got the call for NYC Department of Correction I emailed CBP and told them that I was not interested anymore on that position. I see that they will be posting that position again this month on the USAJOBS and I am curious to know the salary steps for this position, it says that the starting salary for GS5 is $31,944, is that salary just for the academy? I'm just trying to figure out if I should apply again or if I should stay where I am. Thank you in advanced for your help.
        The pay for each job is pretty much neck and neck until the 5 year mark is reached in cbp. But I would rather be making more checking passports than breaking up inmate fights risking injury.
        Last edited by Thecldriver; 04-21-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• napalmsticks
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by manbray
          Where did you hear that at? I hope that you are right!
          A little bird. I am the first person through after they heard that. I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• napalmsticks
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Firebug
            This is very unlikely and is probably an unsubstantiated rumor . The polygraph requirement is coming from Public Law 111-376. That statute requires everyone applying for a law enforcement position in CBP have passed a polygraph. The law does not include an exemption for someone with a TS/SCI clearance. It is not up to the agency at all. As a matter of fact you can hold a TS/SCI clearance and still be found unsuitable for employment with a law enforcement agency. The requirements are not interchangeable.

FB
            Very possible it is a rumor, just figured I would pass on info I heard.

Comment

• Steph631_
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2014

Thanks everyone. It's such a weight off my shoulders. I feel good. Will continue to keep up on the forum and look elsewhere. By the way my email said I was not favorable guess that means failed.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
              09/21/14 Written exam
              11/18/14 Notice of TS
              11/21/14 TSL packet received
              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
              02/25/15 poly (JFK)
              03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
              04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• Shadowtrain
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2014

The work to pay ratio is pretty phenomenal.
                If you don't mind dealing with irate passengers that blame you for everything... CBP is a nice place to be.
                Sure, the start pay is a bit on the low side, but once you're off probation, the money via OT is awesome.
                When I was with CBP, I was a 9 and I cleared $70k... and that was with middle of road OT.

Comment

• JKWolfe
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Steph631_
                  Thanks everyone. It's such a weight off my shoulders. I feel good. Will continue to keep up on the forum and look elsewhere. By the way my email said I was not favorable guess that means failed.

09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                  Steph I'm sorry to hear that but I wouldn't worry about it. Its their loss everyone knows the poly is nothing but hocus-pocus and have very little credibility!

Comment

• Ms. Officer
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Steph631_
                    So guys I just got my DQ email. Nice knowing you all good luck and wish u all the best.

09/21/14 Written exam
                    11/18/14 Notice of TS
                    12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                    02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                    Hey Steph;
                    I received a DQ email as well. You can appeal

Comment

• Pastelon
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Ms. Officer
                      Hey Steph;
                      You can appeal to a failed poly?

Comment

• red47
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2014

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker since I applied in 14-2 and I just received The Call today! I live in Buffalo, NY area and applied NE Region hoping to get Buffalo, but my offers were several locations in Maine and two in Vermont. I choose Vermont just to be closer to home. I EOD May 18th and will be attending FLETC June 11th, so anyone in this class feel free to PM me. My timelines are in my signature, so if anybody has any questions, feel free to comment. All said and done I am excited to start my new career with CBP and look forward to starting my life elsewhere and hopefully can make it back home to Buffalo after a few years or so.
                        Applied: 14-2 NE Region
                        Exam: SEP 14
                        NOR: JAN 9th - Score: 81 (No Vet) GS-5 & GS-7
                        MED & PFT 1: JAN 26th - No PFT due to EKG "Issue"
                        E QUIP DUE: JAN 26th
                        CLEARED MED: FEB 24th - No EKG "Issue" Found After Review
                        PFT-1: MAR 2nd - Passed
                        Polygraph: MAR 3rd- Passed (D.C. Instead of Buffalo to speed process)
                        BI: MAR 16th - (Expedited - BI given one week to complete)
                        VBT/SI: MAR 31st - Passed
                        Drug Test: APR 17th
                        The "Call": APR 24th - VT
                        PFT-2: May 5th
                        EOD: May 18th
                        FLETC: June 11th

Comment

• hello_reason
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by red47
                          Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker since I applied in 14-2 and I just received The Call today! I live in Buffalo, NY area and applied NE Region hoping to get Buffalo, but my offers were several locations in Maine and two in Vermont. I choose Vermont just to be closer to home. I EOD May 18th and will be attending FLETC June 11th, so anyone in this class feel free to PM me. My timelines are in my signature, so if anybody has any questions, feel free to comment. All said and done I am excited to start my new career with CBP and look forward to starting my life elsewhere and hopefully can make it back home to Buffalo after a few years or so.
                          I'm done with the whole process was well, been referred over to EOD unit, and I'm taking my drug test tomorrow. I'm hoping and praying that I get "THE CALL" soon seeing as that seems to be the case with most people that I'm hearing about.

Congratulations on making it through the whole process, and on your new career!

Comment

• Steph631_
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Ms. Officer
                            Hey Steph;
                            How can one appeal ?

09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                            02/25/15 poly (JFK)

Comment

• Pisan917
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by red47

Where are you going for your PT2?

Comment

• Pisan917
                                Forum Member
                                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by merlin436
                                If you're looking for pre-academy lodging options, you might want to contact your port, explain your situation and see what assistance they can provide. They may have some additional avenues you can explore.
                                Your mailbox is full, I tried to PM you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18776 users online. 37 members and 18739 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...