X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goyo
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2013

Hi to all, and happy new year.
    I would like to know if there is an email for IA, I met with my BI almost two months ago, and it's still pending in CASS, i tried contacting MHC, they told me they don't have that information. This is the final step for me. Took the exam in September 2012 score a 92 for swb. I don't want to wait more time and then find out that someone lost my paperwork and no one knew about, thanks!

Comment

• melissa85
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2007

Good afternoon folks,
      I'm new to the forums . I am a current employee for DHS and had applied for Customs. I had taken the exam back in June of 2013. Received a passing score on the exam and revived my TOL in November. I took my PFT 1 today and added the points up. My total number is 123, I do have a question for anyone who may have n answer. During the step test my foot knocked over the top part of the step. In that very second my instructor placed the top back on and I continued the test. My instructor passed me because I continued the pace even with what had transpired. The instructor had wrote that in the comment box about the foot incident . Would anyone believe that the reviewer will fail me? Or they will possibly have me re-due the test? I had a feeling today that the step will either fall over or I'll trip on it. I guess that's what happens when your stomping like a made women or man. If anyone could possibly answer this question. I would greatly appreciate it.
      Thank you

Comment

• Fineman
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Goyo
        Hi to all, and happy new year.
        I would like to know if there is an email for IA, I met with my BI almost two months ago, and it's still pending in CASS, i tried contacting MHC, they told me they don't have that information. This is the final step for me. Took the exam in September 2012 score a 92 for swb. I don't want to wait more time and then find out that someone lost my paperwork and no one knew about, thanks!
        I also met my BI more than two months ago as well as contact MHC. However i emailed them so i can have a paper trail. At this time the most we can do is wait and keep in shape for the pt2 and if you didn't as yet email you case manager for the BI so you have something for our record.

Comment

• mvc
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2013

I start pre-academy Monday, jan 6 and I have not been able to get my report on duty time. I tried contacting my 2 point of contact supervisor (no response) and mhc (doesn't know). I plan on showing up at the port around 7:30 am if I still cannot reach my point of contact.

If there is anyone here who recently attended pre-academy at San ysidro, what time did you report on for your first day of pre-academy and where to? Thanks

Comment

• covan7002
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Kattle
            Has anyone who tested in August/September and has their GEO at SWB received their TSL? I got a 92. I suppose it really is just a waiting game.
            Same here. Tested in September, NOR (94) a few weeks after that, then nothing. SWB.

Comment

• DoD4Life
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2012

Are there any current GS salaried employees crossing over to US Customs? If you currently above the GS5/7 advertised were you able to come in higher? If not if you had time in grade as an 11 could you skip to GS 12?

Comment

• FrankNY1985
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2013

So what's the lowest anybody has score so far and received their TSL? I seen a 82.

Comment

• sizzlin bacon
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2013

Tomorrow I EOD. It should be an exciting month, luckily I only have to commute about 17 Miles each way. I will try to answer any questions I can, so feel free to ask!

Comment

• merlin436
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DoD4Life
                    Are there any current GS salaried employees crossing over to US Customs? If you currently above the GS5/7 advertised were you able to come in higher? If not if you had time in grade as an 11 could you skip to GS 12?
                    Maybe, and maybe.

Those hired under public announcements will likely see no more than 05/10's or 07/10's offered to them, and they'll promote up to GS-12 just as every other public hire will.

The few current G-employees who manage to get hired on through something other than a public announcement might have a shot of coming at higher salaries/higher grades and accelerated promotions.

Comment

• CBP_1906
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2013

Tomorrow is my EOD as well, If there are any questions that I can assist with I'll be more than happy. For those that are waiting on "the call" and going through the "process" just hang in there and try not to stress over it. In the end the gratification is well worth the wait.

Comment

• sizzlin bacon
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by CBP_1906
                        Tomorrow is my EOD as well, If there are any questions that I can assist with I'll be more than happy. For those that are waiting on "the call" and going through the "process" just hang in there and try not to stress over it. In the end the gratification is well worth the wait.
                        Where do you EOD? I imagine given our same EOD dates we will likely be at the academy at the same time. I am there February 10-June 16.

Comment

• NYJAM58
                          Forum Member
                          • Sep 2012

Finally got in touch with CHS lol woohoo
                          does everyone get a tuberculosis skin test?

* This exam includes a tuberculosis skin test. You will have to return to the clinic within 48 to 72 hours to have the skin test read.
                          Last edited by NYJAM58; 01-06-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• dplizzy
                            Forum Member
                            • Sep 2013

I take my pft1 tommorrow.. jan 7 2014. How did u fair?

Comment

• DoD4Life
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2012

you dont have to do the TB anymore its not required.
                              Originally posted by NYJAM58
                              Finally got in touch with CHS lol woohoo
                              does everyone get a tuberculosis skin test?

* This exam includes a tuberculosis skin test. You will have to return to the clinic within 48 to 72 hours to have the skin test read.

Comment

• GettingFED
                                Forum Member
                                • Oct 2011

They shouldn't disqualify you due to a technicality like that. If anything, they will/should retest you.

Pro-tip: My evaluator placed the step against the wall, and I only stepped using my toes and half way of my foot (center of ark of foot). That way, my weight would not be causing me to stomp like a dinosaur. That worked for me, YMMV.

Originally posted by melissa85
                                Good afternoon folks,
                                I'm new to the forums . I am a current employee for DHS and had applied for Customs. I had taken the exam back in June of 2013. Received a passing score on the exam and revived my TOL in November. I took my PFT 1 today and added the points up. My total number is 123, I do have a question for anyone who may have n answer. During the step test my foot knocked over the top part of the step. In that very second my instructor placed the top back on and I continued the test. My instructor passed me because I continued the pace even with what had transpired. The instructor had wrote that in the comment box about the foot incident . Would anyone believe that the reviewer will fail me? Or they will possibly have me re-due the test? I had a feeling today that the step will either fall over or I'll trip on it. I guess that's what happens when your stomping like a made women or man. If anyone could possibly answer this question. I would greatly appreciate it.
                                Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12148 users online. 74 members and 12074 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...