X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneFace
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by cur679
    Oh, definately. I appreciate the advice. I live in Florida, and everywhere I selected was perfect. Tampa is only 30 minutes away from me for the VBT, and I'd only have to travel to Miami to take the PFT2.

I'm just hoping CBP will move the test date for Orlando at a later time.
    I am glad you took that constructively. Thank you. All the best with your process. Study the manual CBP provides on their website. The actual test does not diverge from it and the manual is all you need. Study hard and you will do well. Good luck! I will be rooting for you.

Comment

• ccortez6682
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2011

I just started reading through the study guide, and it has four sections to study. On the announcement it says the test has three sections. How many sections are there?

Comment

• Technikal89
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2013

NOPAs sent to applicants from Internal Affairs, not the Hiring Center...‏

The background investigation (BI) process is very long. Currently investigations have been pending for longer than a year(and will include a polygraph test). This process typically takes the longest and we ask for your patience. Keep in mind, that everyone will clear at a different rate depending on a number of factors, e.g., number of previous residences, ability to reach people indicated on your SF86, and so forth. Please continue to check the CASS website
        for your current status; detailed information will unfortunately not be given to an applicant regarding what is currently happening with the investigation. When IA has finished the process you will see a change on the CASS system.

Due to the large number of BI packets IA is processing, we thank you in advance for your patience. We are not involved in IA’s procedures and timelines. *When IA sends you a NOPA to respond to, that is between you and them only. Below is the NOPA letter phone number (this is only for assistance regarding NOPA letters; not poly; not BI status or anything else other than NOPA issues).

202-344-XXXX

Thank you for your interest in employment with Customs and Border Protection.

Sincerely,

Human Resources Asst.

TACS – BI Team
        Minneapolis Hiring Center, Office of Human Resources Management

US Customs & Border Protection

Phone: 952-857-2914

thats exactly what i received i didnt receive any attachments or anything I'm lost is this a NOPA? I'm a little confused I called the number and I still haven't received a call back

Comment

• Greggyd1211
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by StoneFace
          Guess what Buddy? If you want this job, be prepared to make some serious sacrifices and travel out-of-state at YOUR own expense! If you aren't prepared to do that, then seriously reconsider. If you haven't noticed, a lot of people are taking their PFT2 many states away from their home. I had to travel out of state for my polygraph (this one was the biggest expense) and my written test. I had to wake up at 4:30am so that I could be ready and out the door in time to battle traffic going into NYC. If you have not heard of traffic in NYC or the Holland Tunnel, google it. I had to be at the testing center at 7am. The exam itself did not start until 8:30am and took almost 5 hours. They made us stand in the lobby for over an hour before sending us upstairs. It was seriously a mentally draining day to say the least, but I knew what I had to do to give myself a fighting chance and I was fully preared to do whatever it took.

My point? If you want this job, don't cherry pick. Just do what CBP tells you and if you aren't willing to, then happy trails. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but sugar coating helps no one.
          One of the straight up realest posts iv seen here. Well done being straight stoneface. Agreed with every word. Do everything cbp says and go wherever they tell u to go. It will be well worth it.
          CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
          Geo: Central/East
          NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
          TSL:11/1/12
          Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
          Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
          Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
          VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
          Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
          Met BI: 5/29/13
          TSU: 6/13/13
          Drug Test:6/12/13
          PFT 2:
          EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• StoneFace
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Greggyd1211
            One of the straight up realest posts iv seen here. Well done being straight stoneface. Agreed with every word. Do everything cbp says and go wherever they tell u to go. It will be well worth it.
            Thank you. I'm thrilled you're past this pre-employment process now. What a relief it must be. Great job today!

Comment

• Nj1112
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2013

Also got hired for Newark. But thinking hard about turning it down. Not really interested in working in Newark. No offense to anyone from the area

Comment

• Be successful
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2013

Signed up for the test today... Apparently there's a huge need for females so I'm in luck at the end of my application I wasn't given a test date and supposedly I will be contacted within 10 days ... Was the test tough for you guys who have taken it? Did you have to prepare extensively?
                PAPD
                Tested: 5/18/13
                Qualified

NYSP
                Tested: 10/13
                List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
                Tested: 11/16/13
                Eligible

PWCPD
                Tested: 2/3/14
                PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
                Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
                Test: 4/26/14

Comment

• seeOH
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2007

I hope you are right Merlin. It still blows my mind that the third to last in Seniority has almost 5 years on the job here at my POE. At this current rate, I'll have approximately 5 people under me around the 10 year mark! I also find it hard to believe that many will be hired off of this up coming test. That is, if there are in fact 1850 slots to fill... I have to imagine there are more then that available right now through the TSU. However, it will come down to the geographical preferences and where the hiring will actually take place. Like you said, it truly is a crap-shoot at this point. Fingers crossed we get some bodies up here.

Comment

• EASF
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by StoneFace
                    That is fantastic news!! Congrats! It's funny that you re-applied on Monday and got called today. I'm sooooo excited and I'm not even the one who got the call lol.

Now change your signature and let me see some more smiles on there!!
                    I was thinking the same thing, as soon as I reapplied for the East Coast I get an offer... Oh well, like you said you have to take whatever they offer and sacrifice yourself if you really want the job. Be ready, You're next! and yeah look at my signature. lol

Originally posted by IrvingAg13
                    Congrats EASF!! Weren't you just about to reapply? Lol.

I was scared calls had stopped going out for the SWB for a second there. Do you remember if they offered you El Paso or Fabens, by chance?
                    Calls still going out. They only offered me 2 ports at CA, and the rest at TX.

-SYS
                    -Calexico

In Texas:
                    -Presidio
                    -Brownsville
                    -Del Rio
                    -Eagle Pass
                    -Hidalgo
                    -Laredo
                    -Roma
                    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Rms16
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Be successful
                      Signed up for the test today... Apparently there's a huge need for females so I'm in luck at the end of my application I wasn't given a test date and supposedly I will be contacted within 10 days ... Was the test tough for you guys who have taken it? Did you have to prepare extensively?
                      Don't mean to burst your bubble, but they always say they have a need for female officers. Doesn't matter really if they have a need for it, the process is very unpredictable. Just ask Stoneface about the need for female officers when she applied. Your process could take 8-12 months at the very minimum or if you're really lucky like me over two years and my process isn't even the longest out there ask Yoda about his. Hopefully I'm wrong and you fly through it, but there is no way to tell. Just take the test then sit back and pretend like it never happened. Otherwise it will drive you nuts. The test itself can be difficult if you don't study. Read through the packet they give you and study it well. It really will help you. Good luck.
                      Last edited by Rms16; 08-01-2013, 05:30 AM.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Greggyd1211
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2012

Just a couple words of wisdom. For me, it was a little over a year from test to hire. After I received my TSL I made sure I stayed on top of everything they asked me to do. For example I completed the SF 86 and finger prints the next day and over nighted them back. After my medical I had a depth perception review and I made sure I went the day of to an optometrist to clear any issues they found. I over nighted everything from the med review, to official transcripts. I feel as if this may have helped shave weeks if not a couple months off of my hiring process. Also, if you guys have questions dont be afraid to call MHC or ask one of us on here. I know I did.
                        CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                        Geo: Central/East
                        NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                        TSL:11/1/12
                        Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                        Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                        Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                        VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                        Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                        Met BI: 5/29/13
                        TSU: 6/13/13
                        Drug Test:6/12/13
                        PFT 2:
                        EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• gijoeavila
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2011

PFT2 done. Easy of course but im happy this process is finally over. 10 days of vacation now before reporting. See you at FLETC guys.

Comment

• LiveToCompete
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2013

So someone had previously posted here that they create the list of applicants based on your TSL. Can anyone confirm this?

CBPO Exam: 7/28/2012
                            Geo: Southeast
                            Changed Geo to Southwest Border: 12/13/2012
                            NOR: 8/10/2012(Southeast), 12/13/2012( Southwest)
                            TSL: 2/25/2013
                            Med and PFT1: 3/25/2013
                            VBT/SI: 6/6/2013
                            Poly: 6/24/2013
                            Drug Test: 6/28/2013
                            Met BI: 6/30/2013
                            Referred to scheduling unit: 7/5/2013

Comment

• IrvingAg13
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2011

It has been said that once you are in TSU for a given region, they make calls to schedule EOD in order of TSL date, and that appears to be true.

Also, you really flew through the process once you changed your geographic preference... wow. Best of luck to you!
                              Last edited by IrvingAg13; 08-01-2013, 11:56 AM.
                              NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                              TSL1: 8/14/2012
                              TSL2: 8/16/2012
                              PFT1: 9/17/2012
                              Poly: 11/14/2012
                              Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                              BI: cleared 12/2012
                              Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                              TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                              EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• 66Pony
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Technikal89
                                NOPAs sent to applicants from Internal Affairs, not the Hiring Center...‏

...... EDIT......

thats exactly what i received i didnt receive any attachments or anything I'm lost is this a NOPA? I'm a little confused I called the number and I still haven't received a call back
                                If this is what you received (and it was only a one page letter), then no, it is NOT a NOPA. A NOPA will outline the reasons/problems/issues they have with anything they have in your BI/Poly. Also attached should be several additional pages citing CFR and response procedures. It should also include a response deadline. Been there, done that, survived through it!

That just sounds like a form letter to address potential delays with processing your BI. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33978 users online. 43 members and 33935 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...