Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cesa85
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2011

jonnylaw, [/U][/B]i did my written test 12/11, medical/fitness 7/21 (passed), 8/31 VBT (passed), 8/18 drug test(passed), 9/9 poly ??
    Exam: 12/10
    NOR: 1/25/10
    Qualifications: ??
    T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
    PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
    Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
    VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
    Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
    Polygraph: 9/11
    B.I.: ??
    PFT2: ??

Comment

• LIcoastie
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Darth Vader
      Congratulations mar424! and I wish you the best. I really mean that, but here is the thing, I had an original TSU date of 4/2009 for Miami and my background went pending again on 4/2011. I submitted everything, but I am still waiting for my BI to call me for an interview. Any thoughts guys? Please!
      I am in the same position as you. I emailed and spoke to MHC several times about it and they gave me an answer of "you can not be offered a position at this time because you have pending steps". Even if you have previously cleared all the steps already (multiple times).

Meaning people with later tests/steps/TOs will be hired before you simply because of the timing of your steps being expired, that policy is also opposite of what they told me about a year and a half ago.

It sucks and I do not think there is anything that can be done about it. But it is weird that your BI has been pending since April and no investigator has come to interview you yet. Have you completed the updated background forms online yet?
      CBPO
      TO - 05/08 JFK
      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• jonnylaw
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2011

have any july testers been scheduled for any further testing (e.g. medical, pft1, vbt)?

Comment

• yoda
          2LT ARNG
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by LIcoastie
          I am in the same position as you. I emailed and spoke to MHC several times about it and they gave me an answer of "you can not be offered a position at this time because you have pending steps". Even if you have previously cleared all the steps already (multiple times).

Meaning people with later tests/steps/TOs will be hired before you simply because of the timing of your steps being expired, that policy is also opposite of what they told me about a year and a half ago.

It sucks and I do not think there is anything that can be done about it. But it is weird that your BI has been pending since April and no investigator has come to interview you yet. Have you completed the updated background forms online yet?
          What is really a concern about this practice is that someone here got a job offer with pending steps... and it wasn't someone that had been previously cleared either. Why skip over some that have been in the process for a very long time and have taken the steps over and over... to give it to someone that has just started the process with pending steps no less?
          At this point it is way beyond me on how they come about these decisions. I took my fair share of licks waiting 4 years for this job, but this is somewhat ridiculous.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• RoJoGRaNde
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by yoda
            What is really a concern about this practice is that someone here got a job offer with pending steps... and it wasn't someone that had been previously cleared either. Why skip over some that have been in the process for a very long time and have taken the steps over and over... to give it to someone that has just started the process with pending steps no less?
            At this point it is way beyond me on how they come about these decisions. I took my fair share of licks waiting 4 years for this job, but this is somewhat ridiculous.
            CBP places so much weight with the polygraph on whether or not you are hired that if you pass it, they believe you will pass the background investigation. Could be good but could also be bad. We all know the accuracy of polygraphs.

Comment

• *El Famoso 818*
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by spoondawgy24
              What locations were offered and what did you accept? Congrats! Are you ready for your PFT2?
              San Ysidro only port offered thats the port I wanted I love OT.

Comment

• *El Famoso 818*
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by SDCBP
                Have they told you your academy dates? Good luck on Friday at SWC.
                pre academy 09/19/2011 to 09/21 i guess 22 is a travel day to arrive friday
                Academy Dates 09/30/2011 to 02/172012

Comment

• Darth Vader
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by 180Degrees
                  You're certainly not the first to be leapfrogged due to an expired step in the process. It's unfortunate but I don't think there is any recourse except to redo the BI and hope for the best. Have you taken a proactive approach and called MHC or IA to find out what is going on. I can't imagine you're very happy about being skipped after being in the process so long. Not that anything will change at this point in terms of Mar424 being awarded a position over you but calling MHC may help you avoid being skipped again. Just out of curiosity, did you have to appeal a NOPA the first time around by chance? Is it possible they would also want you to partake in a Poly since your BI is being renewed? Just things to consider.

Good luck, I hope you clear things up and get a final offer soon. I know I wouldn't be happy being skipped in terms of a TO for the Northeast region........I can't imagine how you feel.
                  Never received a NOPA, have not been asked to do a Poly, turned in all the forms back in May, and confirmed they received everything. I also called and they told me to give it until Dec. and if the BI has not called me to give them a call so that they can inquire as to why I have not been called.

Comment

• jonnylaw
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2011

If you qualify for Gs-7, can they offer you Gs-5 pay?

Comment

• Verve10
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2010

For Jonny Law: "have any july testers been scheduled for any further testing (e.g. medical, pft1, vbt)? "

Yeah...I tested this past July. I was sent and completed both my PFT1 &2 a couple weeks ago (last week of Aug). I received a letter in the mail last Friday for my VBT to be the 29th of this month. I'm having a hard time understanding it all...I mean, I read the posts on here of fully qualified guys waiting from as far back as 2008 and crap. And here I am...just applied in May, tested in July, and it seems to be speeding through. Not sure if I should brace myself for a grinding hault, or just be ready for an express ride to the SWB.
                      CBPO
                      Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• shaniajam
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2011

Hello,

I am very nervous. This is what Cass said as of 9/9/2011

9/9/2011 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

I am scarred that I might not pass PFT2. Im scarred that I am going to be in Texas by myself without my family. I'm scarred that my kids are not gonna be ok when I leave. I am excited at the same time. Then i got a letter confirming my pay grade so I am happy. But I am dodoing bricks right now.

Happy and sad. This is what I have been waiting for. Why am I sad????
                        CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                        Test: 12/2010
                        NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                        TO: 6/7/2011
                        PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                        Equip: 6/13/2011
                        FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                        VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                        BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                        Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                        Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                        Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                        got the call: 9/20/2011
                        PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                        NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                        New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• yoda
                          2LT ARNG
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Verve10
                          For Jonny Law: "have any july testers been scheduled for any further testing (e.g. medical, pft1, vbt)? "

Yeah...I tested this past July. I was sent and completed both my PFT1 &2 a couple weeks ago (last week of Aug). I received a letter in the mail last Friday for my VBT to be the 29th of this month. I'm having a hard time understanding it all...I mean, I read the posts on here of fully qualified guys waiting from as far back as 2008 and crap. And here I am...just applied in May, tested in July, and it seems to be speeding through. Not sure if I should brace myself for a grinding hault, or just be ready for an express ride to the SWB.
                          FYI
                          PFT-2 is after they call you with a job offer... all you did was PFT-1.
                          CBPO

Comment

• yoda
                            2LT ARNG
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by shaniajam
                            Hello,

I am very nervous. This is what Cass said as of 9/9/2011

9/9/2011 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

I am scarred that I might not pass PFT2. Im scarred that I am going to be in Texas by myself without my family. I'm scarred that my kids are not gonna be ok when I leave. I am excited at the same time. Then i got a letter confirming my pay grade so I am happy. But I am dodoing bricks right now.

Happy and sad. This is what I have been waiting for. Why am I sad????
                            If it says referred to schedule EOD, then you might be waiting for a call...
                            If that happens I would strongly suggest you don't walk on the run, and if you're that far off the 1.5 in 17 min, you won't be able to graduate once you get here. We already had 1 female not graduate for failing all 3 Fitness Tests... last one by 30 seconds.
                            My advice to you is to get on with the running. The fitness standards are equal for males and females, 24 push-up's, 220 yd run under 45 sec (1/2 lap on a 1/4 mile track), 1.5 mile run under 15... no sit-up's. There's also the sit & reach 12.5 inches, which is nothing.
                            CBPO

Comment

• jonnylaw
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Verve10

Wow, that seems quick. When did you receive your nor/tsl? I received my nor/tsl Aug.29/30.
                              What does it say for you on CASS?

Comment

• jonnylaw
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2011

At what point will there be a green light on pre-employments forms and qualifications? I sent in all my forms including background and fingerprints and they have been received by MHC (they told me they have all forms they need), but it still says pending.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19799 users online. 62 members and 19737 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...