X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dfacedc
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by specrtunedgsr
    Nice and congrats!!! Are you from El Paso? Just finished my PFT2 about an hr ago and passed!! we had about 12 ppl take it and 4 failed, so heads up to you guys make sure your staying in shape!!!!
    Congrats to you as well and congrats on the PFT2. I've got my pft2 next week in Detroit.

No I'm not from El Paso I'm from Milwaukee, WI. So my head has been spinning getting things together since I got the call on Tuesday. Are you from the area?

Comment

• jonnylaw
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2011

Got my TO a few weeks after I took the written. Scored a 92 no vet points. Sent in pre-app forms. Got a 2nd email a day later informing me they are starting the Bi process to expedite the TO.

But I'm just starting a new attorney job that is 8-6 M-F with hardly any opportunity to take time off during the week.

Does anyone know if the VBT or the medical or DT can be scheduled on the weekend as opposed to the weekdays?

BPO is my number one goal, and if I have to turn down the attorney job so I can have a day off during the week (like at my current job) I would greatly consider it

Comment

• Drifting
        Forum Member
        • May 2011

Originally posted by jonnylaw
        Does anyone know if the VBT or the medical or DT can be scheduled on the weekend as opposed to the weekdays?
        If you can't show up when they tell you to show up, this is not the job for you.

BPO is my number one goal
        What is BPO?
        Gek.

Comment

• cesa85
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2011

I am in a similar predicament . My schedule is fromv M-F 10 am to 7 pm and did try to schedule things on the weekend and most agencies could only schedule me M-F, which has caused me to lose a lot of days at work.
          Last edited by cesa85; 09-02-2011, 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling
          Exam: 12/10
          NOR: 1/25/10
          Qualifications: ??
          T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
          PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
          Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
          VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
          Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
          Polygraph: 9/11
          B.I.: ??
          PFT2: ??

Comment

• casadenewman
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2011

you make time if this is what you want.
            App. 7.2011
            Test 7.2011
            N.O.R. 9.2011
            TSL1 MAY-2012
            TSL2 May-2012
            B.I. -In Security Office
            PFT1-June-Passed-2012
            Medical - July-2012
            VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

• jonnylaw
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Drifting
              If you can't show up when they tell you to show up, this is not the job for you.

What is BPO?
              Border Protection Officer?

I'm not sure what you mean. It's not about not being able to follow directions or showing up when told to. But certain jobs require strict attendance.

I'm not sure how good of a chance there is of a TO turning into a FO of employment. But even the TO states to not quit youre current job until a final offer is made. So I guess there is a sacrifice of losing my current job to take days off to apply for the CBPO?

Comment

• Drifting
                Forum Member
                • May 2011

Border Protection Officer?
                Oh. It's CBPO - Customs & Border Protection Officer.
                I'm not sure what you mean. It's not about not being able to follow directions or showing up when told to. But certain jobs require strict attendance.
                I understand. Know also that CBP requires the same. There might be a chance that you can get your appointment times modified, but I kind of doubt that Saturday or Sunday will be an option. Best wishes with it.
                Gek.

Comment

• stowell.travis
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2011

Eod Sept 12 Nogales

I been trying to follow along and am just able to post for some reason. My background cleared Tuesday and I got a call Thursday to be in Nogales in 10 days.

I am sure this question has been asked but i need help and fast since I didn't get much notice. Is it better to drive I am in Detroit or fly and rent a car for two weeks. Or would someone be interested in sharing costs? Contact me if u can.
                  Written 12/10
                  Nor 2/11
                  Eqip 4/11
                  Medical and fitness 5/11
                  Background 7/2/11. Cleared 8/31
                  Vbt and SI. 7/19/11 passed
                  Pft2 9/8
                  Eod. 9/12

Comment

• jonnylaw
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2011

wow, I'm not sure what to do then. If I stay at my current job (which isn't that great), I get a day off of the week and is more flexible. But I just received an actual attorney job offer that is a much better position, but it is M-F and there are no vacation days except as they are earned (about 1 day a month). No sick or personal days. Other than accrued PTO, any absences are unexcused and multiple instances result in write ups up to termination...I don't want to give up the attorney position, but I want CBPO the most...

Comment

• bronze01
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2008

MuscleShark asked if swimming or water tactics a part of the CBPO Training.

Reminded of my training @ FLETC where our PT group asked to go swimming in the indoor pool and well, we didn't go swimming, we did get wet and also got the crap beat out of us for a couple hours doing intensive physical drills to the point of exhaustion. My point: Don't ask to use the pool during your PT, go there after training hours and do your own thing.

Comment

• 180Degrees
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2010

wow, I'm not sure what to do then. If I stay at my current job (which isn't that great), I get a day off of the week and is more flexible. But I just received an actual attorney job offer that is a much better position, but it is M-F and there are no vacation days except as they are earned (about 1 day a month). No sick or personal days. Other than accrued PTO, any absences are unexcused and multiple instances result in write ups up to termination...I don't want to give up the attorney position, but I want CBPO the most...
                        If CBPO is that important to you then don't take the law job. Just remember though, at this point in time employment as a CBPO is anything but guaranteed, whereas this legal job you've acquired is a sure thing.

Comment

• bronze01
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2008

Johnnylaw Attorney dilema:

You are the only one to figure what to do. You'll get 4 hours a paycheck of earned annual leave. 26 paychecks a year. That, I think is 13 days off a year (2 1/2 weeks). Sick leave also, I forget how many hours a paycheck on that one. You need to look at the opm pay scale and see what money you'll be making as a CBP Officer in 4 years compared to that as an attorney. Good luck in your decision.

Comment

• BKsfinest10
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2010

Just curious. If MHC calls and you cannot take the day that they give to you to EOD how long after would one possibly wait for another offer? I remember seeing someone here saying they in fact did that and have been waiting for a little bit for a new EOD.
                            CBP: CBPO
                            EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• jonnylaw
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2011

Thanks for the comments. I would rather live to work than work to live so to speak, and I know that federal law enforcement and CBPO is what I would really want, but of course I have to survive in the mean time and the TO and process following is no guarantee for an actual final job offer.

I know the attorney job offer starts at 45k with review in 6 months. It would be a lot of driving and probably 45-50 hours of work a week in addition to commuting time. My current job pays less, and is a straight 40 hour week with more flexibility in taking time off when needed. Of course I would rather have an attorney job than my current job long term. But I would take CBPO over the attorney job, even with less pay (which it actually may be the same factoring in other compensation) because I know it's what I really want. But of course, if I don't get CBPO, and don't take the attorney job, I might be kicking myself in the *** as well....decisions

So it's pretty much guaranteed that pre-employment testing such as the medical and vbt are only available on weekdays?

And is there a good chances of getting a final offer if you pass all the pre-employment tests/background?

I was fairly excited to get the TO and phase II invite, only 3 weeks after I took the test...

Comment

• yoda
                                2LT ARNG
                                • Jun 2008

Are you inferring by "attorney job" that you went through Law School, took the Bar, and now you just got a gig at a Firm? If that is true, why would you go for CBP?... Just curious.
                                BTW
                                There will not be any testing of any kind in the weekends... you will be scheduled to do these steps with Government contractors, and that means weekdays. Took me 4 years to get hired. Keep your life going as if you never applied, complete the steps when they ask you to, and keep living your life...and eventually they'll call. Not saying it'll take you this long, but this process is a crap shoot... you might be waiting a year or you might be waiting for 4!
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12203 users online. 74 members and 12129 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...