X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tippmann87
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dannyw
    how long did your second background take to clear?
    About 4 months

Comment

• TopGunn
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2010

Always good to see a non swb person get the call. Congrats!

Comment

• seeOH
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2007

Congrats! We may be in the same class! Good luck on the pft2. I am sure you'll do fine.

Comment

• dfacedc
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by specrtunedgsr
          Test: 12/10
          NOR: 2/1/11
          TO: 4/1/11
          Med/Fit: 5/10
          BI: 6/21/11
          VBT/SI: 7/22/11
          Drug Test: 8/6/11

Port is El Paso
          I'll be seeing you there. I EOD 9/12 in El Paso.

Comment

• ocsieric
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by clou
            Hi all,

Just took my VBT-Structured Interview down in San diego today. Had to fill out some forms for confidentiallty purposes. As you all know, we are not allowed to speak about the details of the VBT Interview. The proctor (CBP officer) told me after I was complete, that I needed to go back into the lobby. He then came out 20 mins later, and told me and thanks for coming and shook my hand. He went on to say that results would be avail in 2-3 weeks. I then asked him if they were going to do a over the table interview with me and he didn't really have an answer for me. After reading all of the threads about being interviewed, one on one, after the VBT, I was ready for just that. I was properly dressed and think I did good on the VBT.

1. Is that common for CBP to only be ok with the VBT and not need to do the one on one table interview?
            2. Has anyone of you out there had that same thing happen?

You will only have the interview after you pass the VBT. The tape is reviewed once you complete the VBT that same day and if you have not passed the VBT there is no reason for the Interview. Sorry for the news!

Comment

• dfacedc
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by ocsieric
              The tape is reviewed once you complete the VBT that same day and if you have not passed the VBT there is no reason for the Interview. Sorry for the news!
              I disagree with this. Mine was forwarded on to MHC for a thumbs up thumbs down. The Proctor was there strictly to give the VBT and make sure it recorded correctly.

Unless you are intimately involved in the process it makes little sense trying to question every twist and turn. Not everyone runs through the steps exactly the same. It may be bad news or they may have only wanted him to do the VBT and the proctor received no instruction for the Structured interview who knows.

Just do what your told in the process to the best of your abilities and sit back and wait for concrete yes or on to everything.

Comment

• cesa85
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2011

Hi all, i have heard many here say the process might take a few years. However, everything seems to be moving at a really fast pace for me, is it because i chose the South West Location? Also, did anyone else have to take a polygraph?
                12/10 - took the test
                6/11 - E-Qip
                7/11 - medical/fitness exam
                8/11 - drug test
                8/11 - VBT and SI
                9/08 - Polygraph
                Exam: 12/10
                NOR: 1/25/10
                Qualifications: ??
                T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
                PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
                Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
                VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
                Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
                Polygraph: 9/11
                B.I.: ??
                PFT2: ??

Comment

• KMA
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2011

Hello All, if someone could answer my question that would be great! When I log-in on application manager website, I am able to view my application for this Announcement Number: CBPO 11-2L which I applied for in July.
                  When I click on view/print my answers.. I'm looking at Oral Interview Site Long Beach, California
                  Does that mean I will be interview soon?
                  TIA

Comment

• 180Degrees
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by KMA
                    Hello All, if someone could answer my question that would be great! When I log-in on application manager website, I am able to view my application for this Announcement Number: CBPO 11-2L which I applied for in July.
                    When I click on view/print my answers.. I'm looking at Oral Interview Site Long Beach, California
                    TIA
                    No, you chose that site when you first applied. It just means that Long Beach is the site you chose to interview at for your oral interview.

You will interview after you receive a TSL, go through your medical and pft1, fill out your e-qip, and possibly do a drug test.

Comment

• KMA
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 180Degrees
                      No, you chose that site when you first applied. It just means that Long Beach is the site you chose to interview at for your oral interview.

You will interview after you receive a TSL, go through your medical and pft1, fill out your e-qip, and possibly do a drug test.
                      Thanks for the quick reply! I understand now.

Comment

• MuscleShark
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2011

Hey everyone, I just got my VBT results and I passed, now all thats left is poly and drug test.... should be an easy process on the account that I'm already a fed employee. I have a question for some of the guys at FLETC, is swimming or water tactics a part of the CBPO training?
                        YOU'VE GOT THE MAGIC EYE, HOYT!!!

Comment

• casadenewman
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by KMA
                          TIA
                          Just means when you applied you clicked that location as your pref. for your interview. You entered that durning your app.
                          App. 7.2011
                          Test 7.2011
                          N.O.R. 9.2011
                          TSL1 MAY-2012
                          TSL2 May-2012
                          B.I. -In Security Office
                          PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                          Medical - July-2012
                          VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

• cesa85
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2011

Does ANYONE have the phone number for the gentleman conducting the Polygraphs exams in Washington DC. I am in desperate need to speak with him, and i think i misplaced hsi number!! i will appreaciate ANY information ! Please.
                            Exam: 12/10
                            NOR: 1/25/10
                            Qualifications: ??
                            T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
                            PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
                            Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
                            VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
                            Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
                            Polygraph: 9/11
                            B.I.: ??
                            PFT2: ??

Comment

• RDP84
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by MuscleShark
                              Hey everyone, I just got my VBT results and I passed, now all thats left is poly and drug test.... should be an easy process on the account that I'm already a fed employee. I have a question for some of the guys at FLETC, is swimming or water tactics a part of the CBPO training?
                              No water tactics. Swimming, on the other hand, depends on your PT instructor. The PT regimen is at your instructor's discretion which includes but not limited to: running, swimming, spin classes, weight lifting, plyometrics, boxing, etc, etc..
                              Last edited by RDP84; 09-02-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• specrtunedgsr
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by dfacedc
                                I'll be seeing you there. I EOD 9/12 in El Paso.

Nice and congrats!!! Are you from El Paso? Just finished my PFT2 about an hr ago and passed!! we had about 12 ppl take it and 4 failed, so heads up to you guys make sure your staying in shape!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12132 users online. 74 members and 12058 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...