X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poolearmor
    Forum Member
    • May 2011

Originally posted by jdesa
    I hope you are not an applicant. Try to be a bit more professional. Most of us take this message board and hiring process very seriously Your lack of proper grammer is offending.
    i know my english grammer is not good at all but i passed all the steps in the process and i waited 3 years already and still counting.
    if you felt offend then u dont have to reply at all beacsue ur reply do offended me. all i am trying to do is pass out the info that i know.

when my frd went to WV for the PFT-2 test there were 3 guys for JFK and 1 guy for Newark and there is a woman that speak even worse english than me and she still passed

Comment

• yoda
      2LT ARNG
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by poolearmor
      i know my english grammer is not good at all but i passed all the steps in the process and i waited 3 years already and still counting.
      if you felt offend then u dont have to reply at all beacsue ur reply do offended me. all i am trying to do is pass out the info that i know.

when my frd went to WV for the PFT-2 test there were 3 guys for JFK and 1 guy for Newark and there is a woman that speak even worse english than me and she still passed
      You're passing out info you "think" you know. If you read the board you will find that all of this has been covered, not only by current CBPO's, but by applicants that recently went though it as well.
      Coming in here and basically saying that the test is a "joke"... as if anyone could do it in their sleep, doesn't really go well.

You have mentioned that you've been in the process for 3 years... Good for you, but you're new in the forum. Try to impart relevant information on the process for those just starting out, and in the meantime you'll be working on your English skills... Try to polish those up before you get in, practice makes perfect...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• poolearmor
        Forum Member
        • May 2011

Originally posted by yoda
        You're passing out info you "think" you know. If you read the board you will find that all of this has been covered, not only by current CBPO's, but by applicants that recently went though it as well.
        Coming in here and basically saying that the test is a "joke"... as if anyone could do it in their sleep, doesn't really go well.

You have mentioned that you've been in the process for 3 years... Good for you, but you're new in the forum. Try to impart relevant information on the process for those just starting out, and in the meantime you'll be working on your English skills... Try to polish those up before you get in, practice makes perfect...
        i dont know what i did that make som u guys so ****.

i am not passing out the info that i "think", all i am telling is the truth that told by a frd who just recently passed the PFT-2 test and i never said the test is a joke, if a normal shape person can pass the 1.5 miles by running alittle and walking most of it and u cant pass then u are a joke.

Comment

• FreeAgent
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2008

i am not passing out the info that i "think", all i am telling is the truth that told by a frd who just recently passed the PFT-2 test and i never said the test is a joke, if a normal shape person can pass the 1.5 miles by running alittle and walking most of it and u cant pass then u are a joke.
          I can care less if you have been in the process for 3 years. One thing I would say is that your spelling and grammar is horrible!!! And it would be embarrassing to work along someone like you. This is a profession that some take with serious pride. This is not some third world law enforcement agency!! What the f@#K...

Comment

• BiggyWannaBGman
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2010

I was there that day! 3 people failed! 1 failed for getting drunk the night before and not showing up. The other 2 failed because of the situps. You have to be in decent shape, and if you aren't you won't pass. It is not an easy test but if you prepare, you will do fine.

A lot of people fail the pft 1 and pft2, so do not take this stuff lightly. If you work hard you WILL pass.

Yoda and frisco congrats again! Also congrats to cbpo11. I will respond to ur pm when I get home today. Good luck to the both of you on your test today.
            CBPO
            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
            TO: 2/2011
            Medical: 3/22/2011
            PT Test: 3/22/2011
            VBT: 3/2011
            Background: 3/2011
            Drug Test: 4/2011
            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
            PT Test 2: TBD
            FLETC: Good Question lol
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010
            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• SDfed619
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by FreeAgent
              I can care less if you have been in the process for 3 years. One thing I would say is that your spelling and grammar is horrible!!! And it would be embarrassing to work along someone like you. This is a profession that some take with serious pride. This is not some third world law enforcement agency!! What the f@#K...
              Dang! Talk about an intense post.

Comment

• jdowney16
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2011

Background investigation/ polygraph

I have completed my back ground investigation and all the other pre-employment processes (fitness, drug screeening, interview, etc) everything is checked off green in the CASS website. I thought the polygraph was part of the background investigation or is it a seperate entity in itself? My understanding is eveeryone has to take a poly. Anyone know anything in this regard?

Comment

• Americoza
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jdesa
                  I hope you are not an applicant. Try to be a bit more professional. Most of us take this message board and hiring process very seriously Your lack of proper grammer is offending.
                  Before start judging ,learn how to spell grammar

Comment

• FreeAgent
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SDfed619
                    Dang! Talk about an intense post.
                    Just putting it out there as I see it...

Comment

• specrtunedgsr
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2011

Wow!! Can't believe I just joined!! Lots of great info here!! From El Paso and hoping to join CBP in the near future!! I know it's a long process but just hoping for the best. Tested in Dec. 2010, and received most paper work in April. Passed medical and fitness test in May. Meet with the BI last month and have my VBT on the 22nd. Congrats to everyone that's been waiting for years and finally received the call! Wish you guys/gals the best!! And if possible keep us updated!!

Comment

• friscoplayrsf
                        Rick james
                        • Feb 2009

We passed lol just me and yoda. Only Two of us there. Nice to meet you yoga see you in ga.
                        Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• yoda
                          2LT ARNG
                          • Jun 2008

Indeed we passed our PFT2!... Interesting to see that we were the only 2 people testing. I might add, to the recent naysayer, that if you're not in decent shape you will fail. It's not the hardest test around, but if you're not in OK shape it will be difficult to pass all the parts when taken together. Sure you might be able to do one at a time at home and see that you can pass, but you need to do all of them within 5 minutes from each other, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Frisco see @ FLETC in August!...

BTW
                          Be careful not to be too excited or drink coffee before the PFT2, they'll take your BP and if it's high you won't test...
                          CBPO

Comment

• yoda
                            2LT ARNG
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by jdowney16
                            I have completed my back ground investigation and all the other pre-employment processes (fitness, drug screeening, interview, etc) everything is checked off green in the CASS website. I thought the polygraph was part of the background investigation or is it a seperate entity in itself? My understanding is eveeryone has to take a poly. Anyone know anything in this regard?
                            The provision that mandates the Poly for this job goes into full effect next year... so for now it's a luck of the draw type thing!
                            CBPO

Comment

• BKsfinest10
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2010

Hey guys,

An investigator came by today for a friend of mine at work talking to some people that know him and one supervisor. He asked certain things about the individual. Should I be worried about my places of travel because apart from the Federal Govt I work for an airline as well and have about 20 stamps in my passport from around the world some places more than others. On the eqip I filled out all my places of travel. Question I guess I am getting at would the places one has traveled get one the third degree from an investigator, disqualified from the process, or get put in for a "for sure" polygraph?

Thanks
                              CBP: CBPO
                              EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• jdowney16
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2011

Thanks Yoda!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20179 users online. 55 members and 20124 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...