X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kc12
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Arewethereyet
    Out of curiosity, what if you already have a TS clearance done by OPM and is SSBI? I'm sure CBP will do their own investigation of some sort, maybe a re-investigation of what has happened since I got my clearance, or will CBP do a whole new background investigation again? My clearance right now is also with a DHS agency.

Also, is the CBP exam scored or is it Pass/Fail like the FAMS Assessment Battery? Is it graded out of 100 and is there such a thing as a passing score or do they just take the top 30% (for example) of the highest scorers to move on? Do veterans preference points go on this exam?
    Whether your clearance transfers depends on why it was done (i.e. was it for a LE position). I know BPA BI's do transfer in the hiring process. One guy I work with was thinking about applying under the announcement that just closed. He was told by the hiring center that even though he was applying for the same job he already had, he would have to complete every step in the process, to include the BI.

The CBP exam is scored up to 110% with vet points. The way they call for applicants is everyone who scored above 105%, then 100%, etc down until they have the number of people needed to meet expected hiring needs.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Arewethereyet
      U.S. Coast Guard
      • Jun 2007

Well, hah, that all comes down to whether you consider the USCG as an agency that conducts law enforcement duties. So does that mean it was done for an LE position? Maybe. I guess we'll see if they'll take it or not.

Thanks for the test info though.

Is there a place where you can view the original application you submitted to CBP?
      Last edited by Arewethereyet; 12-05-2010, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• CBPO I
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2010

Well, hah, that all comes down to whether you consider the USCG as an agency that conducts law enforcement duties. So does that mean it was done for an LE position? Maybe. I guess we'll see if they'll take it or not.

Thanks for the test info though.

Is there a place where you can view the original application you submitted to CBP?
        If it was done from USA Jobs you should be able to view it at applicationmanager.gov

I think it will only work though if you were registered BEFORE applying. I can see most of my applications there going back to 2005.

Comment

• PrsnrTransport
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2009

Anyone taking the exam tomorrow in Philly?

Comment

• dubb18
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2009

I'm taking the test tomorrow. What's the test like? Hard? Easy? Also how long before you receive your results?

Comment

• 2Eagles
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2010

Anyone taking the test in Detroit this friday??

Comment

• BillyHoyle
                TSO
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Robbcat
                I am a Veteran who recently applied to the Chicago announcement. Could you guys shed some light for me? I am scheduled to take the 6 hour test this Wednesday, and I am driving quite a distance to take it. I at some point I am offered a position, will it be in Chicago, or will they just offer me what is open?
                Thank you in advance guys!
                Like everyone said, we're in for Illinois only. I wish they would offer up open positions elsewhere at this point, but in typical government style "it is what it is". Good luck on your test.
                Geo: Illinois
                Test Score: 94
                Quals: GS-7
                T.O.: 8/7/2007
                Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• kc12
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2007

Well, hah, that all comes down to whether you consider the USCG as an agency that conducts law enforcement duties. So does that mean it was done for an LE position?
                  The SSBI conducted for CBP has LE add-ons ordered by CBP. It doesn't matter what you, me or the person next door thinks, as far as whether USCG is LE. It matters what the USCG ordered when they ordered your BI. I would expect to have to do the BI over again. A guy at my port had a CBP BI and was considering reapplying under the latest announcement. He was told he would have to redo the BI to get a job he already has.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• PrsnrTransport
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2009

Almost test time....time to check out. May the waiting game begin!

Comment

• Arewethereyet
                      U.S. Coast Guard
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by kc12
                      The SSBI conducted for CBP has LE add-ons ordered by CBP. It doesn't matter what you, me or the person next door thinks, as far as whether USCG is LE. It matters what the USCG ordered when they ordered your BI. I would expect to have to do the BI over again. A guy at my port had a CBP BI and was considering reapplying under the latest announcement. He was told he would have to redo the BI to get a job he already has.
                      Wow, lol. Well I don't mind the BI since nothing has changed recently in the past few years except an address. I take the test this Friday in Norfolk. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• bozo
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2010

How long does it normally take to hear back after you take the written exam?

How does CBP issue Notice of Results? Email or regular mail?

Comment

• rbakous1
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bozo
                          How long does it normally take to hear back after you take the written exam?

How does CBP issue Notice of Results? Email or regular mail?
                          you should get your results between 3-5 days. It will come in the form of an e-mail. It can take several weeks and the proctors will tell you several weeks, but it normally doesn't take that long.

Timeline for my NORs
                          CBPO 3 days
                          BPA 4 days
                          IEA 7 weeks!
                          Last edited by High Roller; 12-06-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• nordy racer
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2008

So how was the test guys..

Comment

• PrsnrTransport
                              Forum Member
                              • Sep 2009

Wasn't as bad as I expected. IMO the old version was more difficult; the math section kicked my butt (as always). If you passed once, you should be able to do it again.

Comment

• jersey eagle
                                Forum Member
                                • Oct 2010

Anybody taking the test down in the philly area on Dec 15th 9AM?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20568 users online. 55 members and 20513 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...