X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anydaynow
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by sevokg
    So today another spot opened for LAX/LB possibly. I was told I reacted to two of the questions asked. He stated he needed something/admission to give me another test. I told the truth and the whole truth. I currently work for DHS under the tsa umbrella and he even threatened me by saying, this could cost you your job, so tell me something, why are you reacting? This is why these test are not valid to me, good, honest, people of integrity can lose it all based on this test.

That sucks. Seems like this story is being told more than the opposite. Good luck man.

Comment

• davidB.
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2009

mixed feelings about being in TSU for LAX/LB since last year LOL

i still wish i knew what questions were coming my way, or if i'm even getting a polygraph interview. Tested in Aug 08, got into TSU in May 09, waiting ever since.

Comment

• Lamp Lighter
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2009

Anyone else applying for BP? I've got my test on August 18th. I'm pretty excited about it.
        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• kc12
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by qixfeet
          They said we would get the upgrade this fiscal year. It is a smart business move to do it at the last possible minute. think of all the money that they saved this year, and they would have kept their word.
          Not to mention think about how many CBPO's and BPA's who would be very happy at the political leadership for "giving" them GS-12's. That warm fuzzy feeling might translate into more votes in November for the people in power.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• merlin436
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2005

If the 12's aren't coming sometime before October, it'll be a deception of epic proportions. Everything I've seen, everywhere I've looked has the 12's rolling in sometime around or before the end of September.

Comment

• Beecy
              CBPO
              • Apr 2008

*Update from a Non-TSUer*

CASS FINALLY UPDATED!!!!

I don't see my background pending anymore........

CASS NOW STATES:

Requirements Met
              You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

I met with my BI in November 08!

woohoo!!! movement!!

Comment

• TuffStuffCBP
                Forum Member
                • May 2009

Police officers are being let go left and right, from small towns to big cities. I would bet money that 12's never show up in the next few years, but what do I know.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• merlin436
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP
                  Police officers are being let go left and right, from small towns to big cities. I would bet money that 12's never show up in the next few years, but what do I know.

As I said, everything I've seen, offical or not, points to the upgrade sometime before October.

I don't see any benefit to anyone to have CBP promise 12's and then renege on the promise.
                  Unless, of course, the goal is to increase negative morale and attrition within CBP and to just generally tee-off 45,000 CBPOs, BPAs, and Aggies.

Comment

• TXGRL
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2009

Hey y'all I havent been on here for quite sometime, but after reading about some of the poly results, I knew I had to post this! I too failed the poly...I currently work for DHS, and apparentally I'm a drug smuggler...I was told I was not being honest about me hiding the fact that I was involved with illegal drug activity!, and a bunch of other crap! Well let me tell you, I'm totally offended! I joined the military when I was 18, and then I worked for the Govt soon after, I never touch the stuff other than at work ( with my job now) and nor have I ever done or been involved with illegal drug activitiy! I was interrogated to the point where I broke down and cried like an idoit! I just couldnt believe it. I drove 4 hrs, and took a 4 hr test....to be accused of illegal activity! I can understand not getting a job based on doing a bad interview, or failing a written exam, but not to get a job because your accused of something that you've never done!...now thats unbelievable! I'm totally heart broken! Well any way, the agent said he and his collegue both agree I'm not being honest, so they are going to submit my info to headquarters...so it's still unclear if I got the boot, but I tell you what, I left there feeling like S**T!!! good luck to rest of yall... this looks like a B.S pattern!!
                    Last edited by TXGRL; 07-26-2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Northern10
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by TXGRL
                      Hey y'all I havent been on here for quite sometime, but after reading about some of the poly results, I knew I had to post this! I too failed the poly...I currently work for DHS, and apparentally I'm a drug smuggler...I was told I was not being honest about me hiding the fact that I was involved with illegal drug activity!, and a bunch of other crap! Well let me tell you, I'm totally offended! I joined the military when I was 18, and then I worked for the Govt soon after, I never touch the stuff other than at work ( with my job now) and nor have I ever done or been involved with illegal drug activitiy! I was interrogated to the point where I broke down and cried like an idoit! I just couldnt believe it. I drove 4 hrs, and took a 4 hr test....to be accused of illegal activity! I can understand not getting a job based on doing a bad interview, or failing a written exam, but not to get a job because your accused of something that you've never done!...now thats unbelievable! I'm totally heart broken! Well any way, the agent said he and his collegue both agree I'm not being honest, so they are going to submit my info to headquarters...so it's still unclear if I got the boot, but I tell you what, I left there feeling like S**T!!! good luck to rest of yall... this looks like a B.S pattern!!
                      Sorry to hear about your experience. What was the poly for? I didn't know they gave the poly to CBP applicants.

Comment

• TuffStuffCBP
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2009

They say that they are giving it to every applicant. So far it seems like they are giving it to all applicants in border areas, but it is working out so well in shrinking the TSU pool that it will probably be ported over to the rest of us until they reach their goal of zero new hires and nobody waiting in the pipeline. I am really interested in reading that more than half of the posters who have taken the polygraph in here and on delphi have failed and are now under suspicion of being narcotrafficantes. What an honorable end to a long and redundant process.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• sevokg
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2009

Editing........error
                          Last edited by sevokg; 04-25-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Akito
                            Forum Member
                            • Sep 2009

Hello everyone, thank you for that insightful information about the Poly sovok. I'm truly heartfelt for those of you who have endured this painstaking process for so long only to get rejected at the end. Well, lets hope you all get a chance to clear the air by getting another one, or maybe given a pass.
                            All the best.

Comment

• TXGRL
                              Forum Member
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by sevokg
                              I recently took the poly for CBP. My location was for LAX/LB. Yes, indeed what an honorable end to a extremely long and redundant process, but it is what it is. The poly is part the process for most and or all law enforcement agencies. The only section of the three fold criminal justice system that does not poly is state and federal correction departments, most probation departments and maybe the courts. My interrogation went as followed. I entered and signed the appropriate forms. The polygrapher will go over what will be asked, such as integrity, drug activity, and serious crimes. I did not have to answer the national security questions, because I am already a DHS employee. They do a number test and you have to lie intentionally. Do not be surprised if the polygrapher states you are an ideal candidate for a polygraph, because I can tell when you lie. He stated my heart rate jumped through the roof. This is an interrogation, not a interview. I told the truth to all questions and was calm during the test. I have taken 2 other polygraph test and passed both. They ask you the same questions three times in different order. After the test was finished, he stated I reacted to a question. He stated I can tell you are bothered, because your hands were perspiring, but said nothing about my blood pressure, heart rate, or breathing pattern. Although my hands were perspiring for every question. He stated I reacted to concealing any illegal drug activity. That includes using, selling, buying, and smuggling. I have never used any narcotic, but have known some who have and they used it around me at high school parties. So he interrogated me after that, he tried to sympathize, showed empathy, and then it was the bad cop routine. It was polygraph procedures 101, but never the less he was doing his job. He told me to to get a snack, because it was going to be a long day. Once I returned, he stated he tried to contact the review panel to get a second opinion, but was not able to contact them. He then told me to take a 15 minute break, then switched it to a 20 minute break, then he switched it to a 45 minute break. This procedure is to cause a person to think and when they return, if they return, the polygrapher figures they will spill their guts to him. He said, when you get back my review panel should have contacted me and I can get a second opinion. I went to lunch and told my girlfriend, I guarantee when I enter the room again he will further interrogate me. As I walked in the first thing he did is grab his pen and notepad and ask is there anything you want to tell me? He stated his review panel agreed with his decision in I was not telling him something. I work for DHS they do not work that fast and they do not give 2nd polygraphs right on the spot like that. It is a process and can take weeks to review these things to make a clear decision. They review your charts, application, and the voice recordings of test. After that is done they may schedule you for another polygraph, fail you, or pass you on to the next step. Furthermore I stuck to my guns, because I told the truth from the beginning. He asked would I be willing to take another test, I replied most definitely. He stated then you have to tell me something, because I do not feel comfortable giving you another test. Furthermore he stated, I can't give you another test unless you tell me what is bothering you. Also that was real nice of him, but that should not matter, if he felt comfortable. So he asked, you did not try anything at least one time in high school, I replied no sir. He did the routine good cop and then bad cop. He stated right now, you want a passing chart and you do not have it. So he grilled me some more, threatened me by saying I will not become a Customs officer and I may lose my current job with DHS, because this may come back the branch you work for. I told him sir I have told you the truth and I know when I go home I can look myself in the mirror knowing so. He then stated, well since you are not talking this test is over goodbye.

He never told me I passed and he never told me I failed. He said I can roll the dice and he will send it in for review for a second opinion and I can see what happens. Remember he stated, he had already sent it in for review and the big dogs already agreed with him, I am showing deception an hour ago. So he bluffed regarding sending it in, he went to lunch or something.

I just want to give all applicants a heads up, especially if this is your first poly. This is an interrogation, the agent testing you is not your friend. I talked to many officers who painted a picture as to how the test may go. Furthermore I learned about most of the tactics in college, as I am a criminal justice major. The agent stated if an applicant has not had their entry on duty, they can expect to receive a call to take a poly. Although he then stated they are trying to poly 100% of the applicants who are in the pipeline, but we may not be able to get them all. Keep in mind a reaction does not mean you failed. Anything can spark a reaction. They score these things like a written test per say and it depends on how strong is the reaction. Polygraphs were made to get a applicant and or criminal to confess/give admissions to things pertaining to what is asked on the test or to the crime. Furthermore once you give an admission that is an automatic DQ, because you are now deemed a liar. So tell the truth and stick to your guns. Whatever you stated on the application is the truth, because that has your signature on it. The polygraph test is really an integrity test to those in law enforcement. Just shows you can tell the truth as I did and you can fail or you can lie and fail; or tell the truth and pass or lie and pass. Polygraphs are not reliable and many honest, hard working people of integrity are deemed liars, because our body reacted.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE RAMBLING, BUT NEEDED TO VENT PER SAY.
                              Last edited by TXGRL; 07-27-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• TXGRL
                                Forum Member
                                • Sep 2009

To SVOKG: What happend to you is exactly word from word what happend to me...it's an eerie coincidence! ( also interesting since we both work for DHS) Maybe this is part of the hiring process? maybe they are trying to weed everyone out to get the TSU pool down to 0 ? I don't know but I will have to say this has to be the worse experience ever ( job related). I will keep y'all posted if I clear this, because if I do, then we know this has to be part of the hiring process...( which is a sick joke mind game tatic)...I thought I applied for CBP..not CIA....

Also I'm in TX..so my location I applied for is E.TX...just thought I would mention that since it almost sounded like we had the exact same agent doing our poly! They have to be following some sort of script!..or this is just a really bad dream...
                                Last edited by TXGRL; 07-27-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19259 users online. 45 members and 19214 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...