X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twoisone
    Federal Agent
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by UofU76
    Does anyone know the official name of the background investigation we had to go through for CBP?
    What branches of Federal Law Enforcement is it good for? CBP, Border Patrol, any other Agency?
    Thanks.
    The official name of the background investion is Single Scope Background Investigation. The SSBI is utilized for suitability purposes ONLY; the applicant will or will not be found suitable to hold a certain type of position. This is one of many important steps in the pre-employment process. It does not give you any type of clearance (Secret, Top Secret, etc.), however it will enable the individual to gain one of many different types of clearance if the agency in question deems the individual needful of one.
    sigpicTwo is one,
    one is none.

Comment

• Lamp Lighter
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2009

Well guys, I've gotta tell ya, I'm getting pretty impatient waiting for "the call." I've been out of college since December 2008 (BA, World Politics, Catholic University of America) and unemployed since March 2009 (former CIS fraud detection clerk). DC Police (MPD) have told me they're interested in bringing me on board and it's sounding pretty good right about now. Any words of wisdom from you folks on making a decision?
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• TX54
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Lamp Lighter
        Well guys, I've gotta tell ya, I'm getting pretty impatient waiting for "the call." I've been out of college since December 2008 (BA, World Politics, Catholic University of America) and unemployed since March 2009 (former CIS fraud detection clerk). DC Police (MPD) have told me they're interested in bringing me on board and it's sounding pretty good right about now. Any words of wisdom from you folks on making a decision?

Lamp Lighter--- the most important thing here is go with your instinct and your gut. Think about the locations you may be headed if you take CBP, think about your life and your family, You yourself know what you want to do. If you want action im sure DC police has it, thats not saying CBP doesnt ever come across it but you will have your fair share of citizen interactions, warrants and such. But the most important thing i can tell you is go with what your inner self is telling you to do. Good luck
        TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• CBPhOpeful
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2009

Personally,
          I'd take anything right about now. Who knows how much longer you may have to wait. Everyone's has different circumstances. TX54, good advice.
          Written: 12-11-08
          Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
          B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• kearney3
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ExRebel
            Got a letter over-nighted to me from MHC. My medical had expired, so instead of going back to a doctor to do all the checkups, all they do is a "self-certification." Does anyone know if this means I might be getting the call soon?
            what Geo location are you waiting for and how long have you been in TSU?
            Geo Preference: East Texas
            TSU: 4/10/2009

Comment

• kearney3
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by UofU76
              Does anyone know the official name of the background investigation we had to go through for CBP?
              What branches of Federal Law Enforcement is it good for? CBP, Border Patrol, any other Agency?
              Thanks.
              The CBP should. I am a border patrol agent and I applied for CBP and they used the same background check and I am also an applicant for a police officer position and they said that if you already work for the federal government then they wouldnt have to do another background check. I hope this information helps.

Comment

• ExRebel
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by kearney3
                what Geo location are you waiting for and how long have you been in TSU?
                I've been in TSU for ST. Thomas USVI since June 4th. But the sad part is I took my test way way back in September 2007. Its taken that long.

Comment

• kearney3
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ExRebel
                  I've been in TSU for ST. Thomas USVI since June 4th. But the sad part is I took my test way way back in September 2007. Its taken that long.
                  One thing you will learn about the US government, is that they are extremely SLOW! They take their dear sweet time to do EVERYTHING!!! So my suggestion to you is to be patient but at the same time prepared so that you dont get the call and cant even make the run time like that one girl (which is absolutly ridiculous!!) and they will call you when you least expect it. Just have faith in knowing that once you are in TSU, they WILL call you.

Comment

• flstate1
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2008

Driver training (EVOC)

Merlin, or any other full timers: You guys/gals heard any more recent activity about an EVOC course be implemented in the academy yet? We talked about this awhile ago, but haven't heard much since.

Anything else coming down the pipe good or bad?
                    FLSTATE1 (FL - OTHER)
                    TEST - 7/21/08 (89) W/O VET
                    TO - 9/12/08
                    VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
                    FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
                    DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
                    MET BI - 11/08
                    GS-7 - 11/14/08
                    MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
                    BACKGROUND - 8/5/09 CLEARED
                    TSU - 8/7/09
                    Pulled from TSU for New Fit Test 9/18/09
                    NEW FIT TEST - 10/12/09 : PASSED
                    Back in TSU again: 10/21/09
                    EOD - ?

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by flstate1
                      Merlin, or any other full timers: You guys/gals heard any more recent activity about an EVOC course be implemented in the academy yet? We talked about this awhile ago, but haven't heard much since.

Anything else coming down the pipe good or bad?
                      Word is it's coming soon. They are adding at least 5 weeks to the academy.

Comment

• robeans
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by audi0xpl0de
                        Word is it's coming soon. They are adding at least 5 weeks to the academy.
                        Dam bro, that will make CBPI 21 weeks, which by my calculations will be the longest uniformed academy in the Fed.

Glad I got it out of the way at 16 weeks.

Are you still down there audio?

Comment

• casey3
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2009

holidays at fletc

Hey guys and gals, just wanted to know while I’m at fletc, do you get holidays off or, even holiday pay? I'll shipping out for fletc on September 16 and will be there for thanksgiving and Christmas. Let’s hope, I can come home for the holidays.

Comment

• FAM Hopeful
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by awife
                            Hubby graduated earlier this year and he says yes it does but he couldn't remember if it was one year or 1-1/2 college credit.
                            Would you or anyone else be able to tell me which college(s) accept FLETC creds?

Comment

• barnaj
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by casey3
                              Hey guys and gals, just wanted to know while I’m at fletc, do you get holidays off or, even holiday pay? I'll shipping out for fletc on September 16 and will be there for thanksgiving and Christmas. Let’s hope, I can come home for the holidays.
                              There are 10 federal holidays this year and if you are at fletc for any of them, they are paid days off. You can go home if its worth it to you but just make sure to be back in your seat at the start of next training day.

Comment

• cbp14051
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2009

Day 112 in TSU... Easily the most fun I've ever had waiting... Off to take the BP exam this morning, let's hope that process is quicker?!
                                CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
                                T.O. - Dec 2008
                                TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
                                Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
                                Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
                                TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
                                Applied - June 2010
                                Exam - Aug 2010
                                Physical - Aug 2010
                                Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26585 users online. 71 members and 26514 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...