X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sassy7932
    Forum Member
    • May 2009

Originally posted by girly
    Well I failed my fitness today, I passed the push up, sit up, heck I did the lift lower in 30 seconds....The step test I started out fast and he told me to slow down so when I slowed down I was going up when I as suppose to be going down and he said stop you failed you needed to slow down to the correct position up when up and down when down I did it the same way last time and passed : (
    First of all, I dont understand why they let the fitness test expire especially when you have done everything else and are just waiting on them to call you for EOD! SMH.....If things are so slow with hiring, they should give people more time or not let it expire at all. Besides, you have to pass the PT test at FLETC.

Are they going to let you retake it or is that the end?

Comment

• 1Lnation
      Forum Member
      • May 2009

Does anyone know how long it takes for your background investigation to clear after the report has been submitted for (adjudication?) by your investigator?
      Test: November 2008
      TO: 12/26/08
      Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
      VBT 1/21/09-completed
      Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
      Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
      Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
      BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
      TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Twoisone
        Federal Agent
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 1Lnation
        Does anyone know how long it takes for your background investigation to clear after the report has been submitted for (adjudication?) by your investigator?
        No. There are a hundred different variables to factor into this equation. The supervisor, who receives the report from the field investigator, may send it back to them to be rewritten. This could conceivably happen two, three, or four times. As well, the number of files ahead of yours could be a factor. The flip-side is that your file clears adjudication in a matter of weeks. In the end, there is no definitive answer to your question. "Hurry up and wait" is a mantra applicable to federal service, in much the same way as it is in the military.
        sigpicTwo is one,
        one is none.

Comment

• imlikeaninja
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2008

Five.

Comment

• RenatoNavyVET
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2008

Cbpo

I am awaiting training and scheduling for Key West, FL. Does anybody know if they are waiting for the new Fiscal Year to call people or are they waiting for positions to open? If anybody has any information please let me know.

Thank you.

Comment

• Thek9
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2006

RenatoNavyVet,

To answer your question, maybe both. Only the DHS Guru / Wizard people really know. Fiscal year funding, huge factor, P.O.E.s with critical need do get president. KW, have you spent any time there?
              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• TXCBP
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2009

Well I failed my fitness today, I passed the push up, sit up, heck I did the lift lower in 30 seconds....The step test I started out fast and he told me to slow down so when I slowed down I was going up when I as suppose to be going down and he said stop you failed you needed to slow down to the correct position up when up and down when down I did it the same way last time and passed : (
                WHAT!!!! Are you serious??? That is just crazy, why would he stop the test just for that, from what you're saying it doesn't seem like you were struggling, or like putting your hands on your knees, or anything for him to stop and say you failed. WOW!!! I'm sorry to hear this, I hope you get to retake it, make some phone calls and send some emails asap, get some info!!!
                TO-6/16/08
                TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• SDCBP
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2009

ALL CBP in FLETC

How many miles do have to run per day? And how often at FLETC?

Comment

• Jperkins1021
                    Forum Member
                    • Apr 2009

Mine took almost 2 months to clear. I have heard that it can take up to 6 months. Most of it depends on how many references, jobs and locations you lived at.

Mine may have cleared fast because I had already had a security clearance when i was in the Army (Patriot)
                    CBPO
                    Written: ~06-08
                    T.O.: 3-09
                    Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                    Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                    Medical: 4-09 Completed
                    VBT: 3-09 Completed
                    Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                    Quals: 4-09 Completed
                    B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                    Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                    TSU:08-07-09
                    EOD:08-17-09
                    FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• sassy7932
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2009

Last edited by sassy7932; 08-08-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• girly
                        JENNI
                        • Mar 2008

I stepped for just over 3 mins when he stopped me, and as far as emailing or calling I am not sure were to begin does anyone have any suggestions?

I have no problem with the steps, and I could have done it. I worked real hard at this once I passed it the first time I started my running periodically and other than running 8 floors of steps all the way up and then back down each day I stopped working on my stepping. I posted months ago that I could not even do a man push up, but I pushed myself and I did it. I will not give up even if I have to start from the beginning : ( . I am so mad that despite all my work to get the sit ups and push ups down that the step test got me. Heck I lifted my weights in 30 seconds and I could of kept going if he wanted me to.

So to all the newbies out there, take your CD and get a step thing and get your rhythm down, so that this does not happen to you.
                        Tested March 08
                        TO June 08
                        Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                        VBT complete 08 passed
                        Qualification GS-5 September 08
                        BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                        NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• yoda
                          2LT ARNG
                          • Jun 2008

I stepped for just over 3 mins when he stopped me, and as far as emailing or calling I am not sure were to begin does anyone have any suggestions?

I have no problem with the steps, and I could have done it. I worked real hard at this once I passed it the first time I started my running periodically and other than running 8 floors of steps all the way up and then back down each day I stopped working on my stepping. I posted months ago that I could not even do a man push up, but I pushed myself and I did it. I will not give up even if I have to start from the beginning : ( . I am so mad that despite all my work to get the sit ups and push ups down that the step test got me. Heck I lifted my weights in 30 seconds and I could of kept going if he wanted me to.

So to all the newbies out there, take your CD and get a step thing and get your rhythm down, so that this does not happen to you.
                          I am disgusted to see this happen to someone for no reason!... as far as I know you fail if you place your hands on your legs/knees to get a boost or if you are about to pass out... NOT for not having rhythm, you are to follow the voice commands as best you can, heck I've taken the step test twice in two different locations and none had the CD (I simply stepped up and down for 5 min.).
                          Call MHC and tell them how the person failed you, they should give you a re-take since you had already passed it previously... I wish you the best of luck on this! Keep fighting
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• bflogirl
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2009

Wow that really sucks!!! I know when I took the test in January they had bulletins posted everywhere saying if you fail you can take it again in 30 days is that still the case or did they change that with the new test?
                            I hope they let you take it again - definitely fight to take the test again that would be awful if you have to start ALL over including waiting for another posting.
                            CBPO
                            Test: July 2008
                            TO: 12/26/08
                            VBT 1/21/09-passed
                            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                            BI - Cleared
                            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Thek9
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2006

Girly,

Special Instructions The Test will stop:

• If you cannot continue stepping for the entire 5 minutes.

• If you are unable to maintain the stepping cadence (up, up, down, down) in accordance with the audio CD for more than two consecutive sequences.

• If you are unable to maintain the stepping cadence (up, up, down, down) in accordance with the audio CD for more than six sequences within the entire 5 minute test.

• If you push on your legs to assist in stepping (Figure 5).

Last years test has nothing to do with this year's retake. If you feel you have a true grievance presue it. Be Cool. Call MHC. State the facts to the point. Ask what is exactly needed from you to fix this. Be ready to e-mail, fax and or send a registered letter. Worst case scenario if you really, really want this job like I do, reapply.

I wish you all the best.

T-
                              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Sytes
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SDCBP
                                How many miles do have to run per day? And how often at FLETC?
                                The PTD at FLETC for CBP is still a royal joke... All other dept's seem to be a max of 13min.
                                I don't really know if Boppers really do any running...
                                Other than that, there is IRS CI's though I would venture to guess even they ar earound 13min max.

CBP - is 16.5min per 1.5 miles

At one point they made a decent stink about operating on the same level as BP... though as discovered here - that is a joke as well as they intend to drop it down to 15min for 1.5 miles believed to start around the beginning of oct.
                                Originally it was to start July 1st. Didn't happen. They aggressively stated we would be in formation constantly (as US Uniformed Police, ICE, Marshals, etc... that didn't happen either.
                                What did happen? Well, CBP MUST wear a cbp hat when outside. CBP must not have a cell phone in their backpack -etc between 7:30am - 4:30pm.
                                I suppose for CBP - those are big steps. To be honest - heard the most complaining from the Coordinators / instructors on required to wear their "unique looking" hats outside.
                                If it goes as planned - Starting Oct, 1st - there may be formation drills and stricter PTD evaluations.

Oh heh, went off on a tangent there... LOL!
                                To the point of your question... You run about 1.5 - 2.5 miles 1x a week when operating as scheduled ~ IF THAT... On average - over the total time at FLETC - (pre Oct 1st) prob ran 1 mile - 2 miles 1 x every other week... Aside from those that were running 18.5minute 1.5 miles that sat in the medical cart following... about 1/4 ran 1.5 in 15minute avg... 1/2 from 13-15minute and the last 1/4 ran pretty good from 10 - 13min.

To place it mildly, it is VERY simple to identify the CBP officers from others present - aside from Boppers. IF it isn't for the coyote drunk howling at 3am to identify who the CBP officers are (FLETC Security is a constant call to CBP kids) - it is the minimal physical standards required versus other agencies.
                                The Coyote childish howling at 3am was prob the most embarrassing portion of association as a CBP officer. Many other depts staying in the crack houses that complained / called FLETC security - our class and other CBP classes would get chewed occasionally - though it never amounted to anything - thus continued. /rant off.

Otherwise - Firearms, Q&P, Judgement Shooting, and Officer Survival were the most exciting times at FLETC.
                                All that for a simple question... oops.

Edit: That post sounds rather bitter... It was a simple rant on the negatives I found with the FLETC experience as a CBPI... There were many MORE positives of my time there - including the great friends and FUN "basic interrogation" labs with GREAT roleplayers! It was a very exciting time - though as anything there were some serious pet peeves I had - as well.
                                Last edited by Sytes; 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM.
                                Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33849 users online. 49 members and 33800 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...