X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imlikeaninja
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TPA3312
    Just called TSU after 95 days of waiting to learn Customs is under a hiring freeze. This is very bad news to hear.
    What exactly did they say? Everywhere or just Florida?

I'm sure the floodgates will open up again after october.
    Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-27-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• TPA3312
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by imlikeaninja
      What exactly did they say? Everywhere or just Florida?

I'm sure the floodgates will open up again after october.
      The guy said there was a hiring freeze before I even told him I was waiting for Florida.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• imlikeaninja
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2008

The guy said there was a hiring freeze before I even told him I was waiting for Florida.
        Wow! I wonder if this will affect TO's or just people in TSU?

Comment

• bpyankees2
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2009

He probably means that they are not taking new applications. At honorfirst, they have been calling people for both CBPO and BPA positions daily.

Comment

• jdmscott8
            Forum Member
            • May 2007

Advice Needed

I applied for CBPO about 14 months ago for Buffalo GEO location. I live in South Texas and 14 months ago I had money saved up to move. Now not so much. I already have been tenatively selected for Buffalo and am only waiting on my background investigation. ............Is there a way for me to change loactions ( any where in Texas, border included) even after I have been tenatively selected or am I out of luck. If I get a call from TSU what are the chances for me to ask them if I can work in Texas rather than Buffalo.

Comment

• TPA3312
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bpyankees2
              He probably means that they are not taking new applications. At honorfirst, they have been calling people for both CBPO and BPA positions daily.
              HonorFirst is only for BP applicants.

If anyone in TSU can call, I would be very interested to see if you get the same answer.

Comment

• NJNJ
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by jdmscott8
                I applied for CBPO about 14 months ago for Buffalo GEO location. I live in South Texas and 14 months ago I had money saved up to move. Now not so much. I already have been tenatively selected for Buffalo and am only waiting on my background investigation. ............Is there a way for me to change loactions ( any where in Texas, border included) even after I have been tenatively selected or am I out of luck. If I get a call from TSU what are the chances for me to ask them if I can work in Texas rather than Buffalo.
                Slim and none.....and slim not being an option.....Sorry

Comment

• seeOH
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2007

That goes along with what I'm hearing from friends in FLETC and EOD (Pre-Academy... whatever you want to call it) right now... and guys that are on the job have heard similar rumors. Sounds like they are going to have to wait till they receive funding or they'll have to wait till the new fiscal year to start pumping more recruits through FLETC. Kind of a bummer but it doesn't effect me personally. I feel bad for those waiting to land a good job! Just be optimistic that something will come through from CBP. They need people so it'll just be a matter of time! Until then... post if you hear something contrary or if you receive an EOD.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

• bpyankees2
                    Forum Member
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by seeOH
                    That goes along with what I'm hearing from friends in FLETC and EOD (Pre-Academy... whatever you want to call it) right now... and guys that are on the job have heard similar rumors. Sounds like they are going to have to wait till they receive funding or they'll have to wait till the new fiscal year to start pumping more recruits through FLETC. Kind of a bummer but it doesn't effect me personally. I feel bad for those waiting to land a good job! Just be optimistic that something will come through from CBP. They need people so it'll just be a matter of time! Until then... post if you hear something contrary or if you receive an EOD.

Fingers crossed.
                    It's no secret that they're at the end of the fiscal year. The new one starts in October. I can't see why a potential freeze would go on after they get a new budget.

Comment

• imlikeaninja
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jdmscott8
                      Looks like you have to just wait for the next open period and reapply. Keep your Buffalo app going until you have to turn it down. Worst case scenario you turn down Buffalo and reapply after all your steps are clear. Best case scenario you win the lottery between now and getting a final offer.

Comment

• CBPhOpeful
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2009

Thoughtless,
                        It appears we're in the same boat. I had to see an audiologist & see an optimitrist because of LASIK. I sent in my forms today but I'll let you know what happens. I'm really nervous that my hearing loss will not fly with the medical unit. My BI is still pending as well.
                        Written: 12-11-08
                        Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                        B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Thoughtless
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2009

10 char limit
                          Last edited by Thoughtless; 07-16-2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• JDNoble81
                            N/A
                            • Jan 2008

So does this possible freeze affect people waiting for a TO or those in TSU.. or both?

Its hard to believe that new classes will cease from now until October.
                            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                            Written: 5/15/08
                            NOR: 5/20/08
                            TO: 10/28/08
                            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                            Fitness: 2/02/09
                            BI: 3/15/09
                            OB: 4/24
                            EOD: 7/27
                            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                            Written: 3/15/08
                            NOR: 4/2/08
                            TO: 5/22/08
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                            VBT: 6/30/08
                            Drug Test: 7/10/08
                            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                            BI submitted: 10/10/08
                            TSU: 4/2/09
                            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                            EOD:

Comment

• AlmostDone
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2008

You guys are confusing the term "hiring freeze", it means that there will be no NEW vacancy announcements for a while. As in this only effects people who haven't tested yet!

Comment

• TPA3312
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by AlmostDone
                                You guys are confusing the term "hiring freeze", it means that there will be no NEW vacancy announcements for a while. As in this only effects people who haven't tested yet!
                                That's not what I asked the guy in TSU. I asked if there were any new openings, not a new annoucement.

I called, said this is X, I have been waiting in TSU for 95 days, that I wanted to check in and see if he had any new news about any open positions. He said Customs is currently under a hiring freeze. I said, so that includes Florida? He said yes, everywhere is included. I said, thank you very much, I just wanted to check since BP should be calling me shortly. He said, once you finish the academy with BP, BP will notify us [Customs TSU] and we will see if we have a open position to offer, and if we do, you can switch over to us and go through the Customs FLETC. I said, thank you very much for the information and have a nice week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17251 users online. 21 members and 17230 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...