X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merlin436
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by brave52000
    I'm looking for something reasonably close to civilization, probably like an hour or so is fine. I'm not looking for dirt cheap housing, but at first glance online, Eureka looks fairly expensive given its still a small town.

Any tips on where to live if I chose either Piegan or Roosville?
    Piegan has G-housing alongside the port.

Western MT is getting expensive. Lot of Asians are buying up property there.

For the most part you can forget being within an hour of civilization, especially if you define civilization as 25K or more. Montana doen't have much. Calgary, AB is roughly 150 miles or so north of Piegan, that's pretty much it as far as anything major goes.

Sweetgrass is probably your most likely option. Shelby, MT is roughly 35 mile south of the port and is roughly 3.5-4K.

Comment

• K0R3
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Jperkins1021
      Congratz

Im still waiting to have my BI done, not sure how much longer this will be, but I guess Ill have to wait and see.

Anyone that is FLETC now, what is the standard issue sidearm by the way? Just a cuious question is all. Thought i read somewhere that it was an H&K P2000 LEM .40.
      I was wondering if my Glock 22 would be out of the question Do you have to use your issued weapon?
      "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• grullj
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2005

I was sent to TSU for Miami on 4/14/2009.

Comment

• K0R3
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2009

HEHE Merlin....rural or brutally rural...
          "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• dimitri771
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by grullj
            I was sent to TSU for Miami on 4/14/2009.
            What's your timeline?

Comment

• merlin436
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by K0R3
              I was wondering if my Glock 22 would be out of the question Do you have to use your issued weapon?

The gun currently issued to new hires is the H&K P2000.

No...you'll have no chance to use any firearm other than what is issued to you.

Comment

• TPA3312
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by K0R3
                Sorry, that's a no go. The gov. doesn't issue you a $800 firearm just to add to your collection. Once issued you should eat, sleep, and shower with your issued firearm. Maybe not sleep or shower, but you catch my drift.
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• grullj
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2005

I took my written test back in 03/2008.

Comment

• brave52000
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by merlin436
                    For the most part you can forget being within an hour of civilization, especially if you define civilization as 25K or more. Montana doen't have much. Calgary, AB is roughly 150 miles or so north of Piegan, that's pretty much it as far as anything major goes.

Sweetgrass is probably your most likely option. Shelby, MT is roughly 35 mile south of the port and is roughly 3.5-4K.
                    Are you aware of any CBPO's that commute from areas around Whitefish? It looks like it's only a little over an hour to the Roosville port?
                    Last edited by brave52000; 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM.
                    CBPO
                    GEO-Montana
                    TEST- 12/08
                    NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                    TO-1/09
                    Med/Fit- 5/09
                    B.I. 3/09
                    VBT-3/09
                    Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                    Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                    EOD-6/22/09
                    FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• FreeAgent
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2008

Dear CBP Employee:

NTEU continues to press the Department of Homeland Security to permit CBP employees working on the frontlines with the public to wear respiratory protection at their discretion.

The DHS interim guidance on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) issued to all DHS employees yesterday mandates masks for employees who work within six feet of those known or suspected to be infected with the swine flu virus, but does not address NTEU’s request that employees whose jobs require them to regularly work within 6 feet of the travelling public be permitted to wear N95-rated filter masks at their discretion. DHS has indicated that the interim guidance was not intended to address NTEU’s specific request and that further guidance would be forthcoming, however, we have not seen anything yet.

To follow up, I have sent a letter to DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano and Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry again reiterating the urgency of NTEU’s request. I continue to press these points at the Department level, with Secretary Napolitano’s office, at the bureau level, with Acting Commissioner Jayson Ahern. In addition, we have been in contact with the White House and our supporters on Capitol Hill, pushing for a resolution to this issue.

We have also issued a number of news releases and media statements and have been conducting interviews with reporters about this situation.

I understand your frustration at the delays we are experiencing. I will continue to use all available means to press our demand that DHS employees be allowed to wear masks at their discretion and will keep you updated on any further developments.
                      __________________________________________________ _______________

What do you current CBPO's out there think about this issue?

Comment

• Walla183
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2009

Does anyone know when the last test date is? I was told Hartford was May
                        16th.

Comment

• ImmOff
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2009

Anyone knows how often is the CBP announcement open every year? Does it come out every year?
                          CBPO
                          Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                          TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                          Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                          Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                          VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                          Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                          BI:---------------- Pending....
                          Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• TPA3312
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ImmOff
                            Anyone knows how often is the CBP announcement open every year? Does it come out every year?
                            I'm guessing it may be a while before the next annoucement is opened. CBP had to close the last annoucement early from the amount of applicants they received.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• K0R3
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2009

issued firearm

Thanks for the heads up Merlin/ TPA

Comment

• K0R3
                                Forum Member
                                • Mar 2009

Wow great reviews for the p2000

Monster is your source for jobs and career opportunities. Search for jobs, read career advice from Monster's job experts, and find hiring and recruiting advice.

Guess I'll be off to the range

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12286 users online. 75 members and 12211 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...