X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barnaj
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Cbpstyle
    any idea how long this will delay me.! ? And will I go back to TSU the same date referred
    Wish i could tell you. Things are getting weird around here. I also was in TSU and BI went back to pending. They said it was a clerical error, so im still biting my fingernails and waiting too.

Comment

• Cbpstyle

Damn so u feel my pain and stress , but THE LETTER in WRITING !!

Comment

• SavRhiBri
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2006

For those that have completed the process recently and have reapplied under the new announcement...will their hiring process be expedited??

Comment

• barnaj
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by SavRhiBri
          For those that have completed the process recently and have reapplied under the new announcement...will their hiring process be expedited??
          As long as you get a new t.o. before your pre-employment steps expire, it shouldnt take too long.

Comment

• merlin436
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2005

Polys have always been an option for CBP with regards to new hires, for at least as long as I can remember. They just haven't made it a regular demand as far as requiring one until recently.

Comment

• Cbpstyle

Almighty Merlin please shedd some light on this Situation

Comment

• merlin436
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2005

Almighty Merlin please shedd some light on this Situation

Shed light on what?

The option to require a poly has been around at least since the founding of CBP back in '03.
                I'm guessing there's something about your NOPA that somebody feels should be addressed in more depth.

Comment

• SavRhiBri
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by barnaj
                  As long as you get a new t.o. before your pre-employment steps expire, it shouldnt take too long.
                  Can they get a TO now? Or will they have to wait for the new applicants to test and compete with them?

Comment

• Cbpstyle

So why they address specifics or everything , how long will this take

Comment

• merlin436
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2005

So why they address specifics or everything , how long will this take
                      Obviously, they still have concerns. Whatever specifics you provided them ultimately aren't making them entirely comfortable.

The good news...you haven't been found unsuitable...yet.

As far as how long could it take...who knows? Might be 18 days...might be 18 months. Without knowing anything about your case or your NOPA I don't think anybody can give you much of anything.

I'd be talking to my brother, if I were you. He should have a far better idea of the likely problem(s) than I do, and a better answer.

Comment

• Cbpstyle

The letter states I been found suitable . So u telling me I was sent a false statement

Comment

• imlikeaninja
                          Forum Member
                          • Sep 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong but you could be on the job for ten days or ten years and they could decide you're not suitable. Don't you have to complete a background check every 5 years no matter what.

Comment

• TPA3312
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2009

The letter states I been found suitable . So u telling me I was sent a false statement
                            As Merlin said, it's hard to say without knowing your exact situation. The best thing you could do is call the hiring center tomorrow, and ask them specificlly if the "found suitable" letter was correct, or if it was a mistake and your file was still under review while beng sent to TSU.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• buffalo14227
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2009

you should refrain from getting offensive or taking this process personally... they are jut covering all bases... these are always tentative offers and results.. everything is always subject to change with the government upon further investigation!!

as long as you have nothing to hide and are completely forthcoming, you should be just fine.. just another obstacle!!

good luck, and keep your head up!!

Comment

• merlin436
                                Forum Member
                                • Mar 2005

IF you've a letter saying you're suitable...great, I guess you were...for a few days.

Somewhere along the way somebody decided to take another look and here you are...

If you want to feel like you've been lied to...have at it. Uncle Sugar "lies" to many people.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18777 users online. 37 members and 18740 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...