X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dfly123
    CBPO
    • May 2008

Originally posted by ZODIAC76
    Thanks for the info. ExSDSO!!! The last thing I'm going to need at FLETC is the squirts!!! :EEK: JUST SAY "NO" TO CHINESE TAKE OUT !!! HAHA
    I cant say i had any issues with the chinese from either of the two places I tried while at FLETC, but by far I preferred the one that did not deliver, cant remember the name but it was across from the BP gas station near walmart. Not the greatest, but for brunswick... No complaints.

Couple suggestions
    EL Potro- Mexican food (buy one get one Margaritas also)
    Fancy Q in St.simons Island- Sushi... always good ..... always
    Shanes BBQ- no complaints, gives FLETC discounts
    Georgia Pig- Also good BBQ
    Red Barn- One of the best steaks Ive ever had. Little more $$ then
    -Longhorn... but the quality... amazing.
    Red Carpet- dont eat here. Ha ha ha.

All I got for now... good luck to all going and to all that are there.
    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Santisomo
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2008

How do you know if you'll be required to take spanish training? Which locations are mandatory?

Comment

• Dfly123
        CBPO
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Santisomo
        How do you know if you'll be required to take spanish training? Which locations are mandatory?
        They will tell you.

Southern Border and Miami are the only ones that need it.
        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• ExSDSO
          God Bless OPD and PPD
          • Nov 2007

Aww BSTP was awesome and downtown Charleston. Market Street Saloooooon!

I also thought the food at Charleston FLETC was about 3 times better than GA Fletc food,

lol The spanish you learn is great esp you southern border guys omg its a life saver and great foundation to start learning the language more in depth.

Im starting to think in spanish now!

Shoot to be apart of the 100% club in Spanish, it was easy we had 12 guys in that club.
          What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• jwm0516
            CBPO
            • Jul 2006

Food at FLETC?
            Five Guys for burgers
            Broomelli Boys for Pizza
            Mexican place by walmart-can't remember the name but great food.
            Altama Fish Market (by Walmart too) - Ghetto looking place but great fish!

Comment

• ExSDSO
              God Bless OPD and PPD
              • Nov 2007

Awww five guys good burgers also FIREHOUSE SUBS were awesome, wish they had that here in the west.
              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• ZODIAC76
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2009

Are you required to do any kind of swimming at FLETC? Is it required to tread water for a certain amount of time like the BP academy?

Comment

• friscoplayrsf
                  Rick james
                  • Feb 2009

I can't swim being from westcoast and all. We dont do any swimming in The BAy area.

Comment

• Draven27
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2009

Thats a new one. I highly doubt there's any swimming, just physical stuff....workin out, running, etc.
                    Test: 12/8/08
                    EOD: June 22, 2009
                    Class 960
                    FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• imlikeaninja
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jwm0516
                      Food at FLETC?
                      Five Guys for burgers
                      Broomelli Boys for Pizza
                      Crap!! If there's a Five Guys down there I'm gonna end up gaining weight.

Comment

• barnaj
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by miramarnelson
                        I haven't posted in a while, just wanted to give some info about my adventures at FLETC. I'm from class 922, I just finished week 8, so I'm officially halfway there. I will be graduating on APR 22. I was blessed not to be staying on base, FLETC is so booked right now that my entire class (48 people) is staying off base at LA QUINTA. There are some disadvantages of not staying on base, but for the most part having my own room and bathroom and my privacy is really priceless. About 90% of the people staying inside FLETC are either sharing a bathroom or the whole room, there's only a lucky few that have privacy there. The government really spoils you at FLETC the whole place really caters to you, we get decent food 3 times a day ( i just can't eat it on the weekends) so you just can't help but give 200%. At least from my end, but I'm not gonna lie there are some people there training for CBP, just giving a half *** effort because they either don't care or they're too out of shape, really overweight. It kind of makes you wonder how the hell did they get the job. Rumors has it that as of OCT 2009 they will be lowering the 1 1/2 mile to 15 minutes. Once they do that maybe we will become more of an elite unit, which is the way it should be. Now if you are overweight and you can complete all the physical requirements then I don't have a problem but there are some people there that failed the run the first time and they're just going through the motions and we worry more about them trying to help them more than they worry about themselves. Anyways I don't wanna bore you guys but if there is anything you wanna now about FLETC let me know, I'll check postings later on today.
                        I wanted to ask you if the classrooms are still in 262 (i think thats the bldg. number) behind the chow hall? Thats where i was, but i heard they were supposed to renovate them because they were so trashed.

Comment

• robeans
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by barnaj
                          I wanted to ask you if the classrooms are still in 262 (i think thats the bldg. number) behind the chow hall? Thats where i was, but i heard they were supposed to renovate them because they were so trashed.
                          The two smaller ones are renovated now and they were planning on gutting the big building with the library sooner or later.

Comment

• miramarnelson
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ZODIAC76
                            Are you required to do any kind of swimming at FLETC? Is it required to tread water for a certain amount of time like the BP academy?
                            We just did a Navy Seal work out on friday with BDUs gun belt and rifle, That was probably the toughest work out I've had at FLETC in 8 weeks. The reason we did that was because we got the best PC instructor at FLETC. Her name is Ms Martinez.
                            Last edited by miramarnelson; 03-01-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• miramarnelson
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by robeans
                              The two smaller ones are renovated now and they were planning on gutting the big building with the library sooner or later.
                              My classroom is at 263 right next door to 262 and come to think of it 262 is an older building than 263.

Comment

• miramarnelson
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by jwm0516
                                Food at FLETC?
                                Five Guys for burgers
                                Broomelli Boys for Pizza
                                I think you're talking about LA SALSA Mexican market and restaurant right on the north corner across from Walmart, that's my favorite restaurant in Brunswick. Mateo's Italian restaurant is really good too, on exit 36 off I95 west side.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12111 users online. 74 members and 12037 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...