• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yoda
    2LT ARNG
    • Jun 2008

Timeline

Colinm:

Being that you're in MIA, you can't judge on timelines. For some reason people for MIA have been expedited in a ridiculously quick time (compared to most), and most have been granted "interim" clearances for their BI's. A somewhat "normal" process is about 6 months with the exceptions as myself and a few others that have been at it for over a year now. Be thankful that the process is only taking this long, because before the "NEW" way of processing hires the process took about 2 years in average to simply get a TO. I have a friend that took him about 3 years from Application to Hire...

BTW
    Processing time for the BI alone is 3 to 6 months from the day you meet with the investigator.
    Last edited by yoda; 10-23-2008, 11:01 AM.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• will0861
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2007

It's great that things are moving so quickly for everyone. But, to reiterate what Yoda said, there is no rhyme or reason to the process. Pretty much anything can happen at any time, and there is no set time for how long it should take.

I'll give you an idea. My NOPA showed up 6 months after my BI started. It took another 2 months to get looked at and passed to the next step. About 8 weeks after that, it got moved to the director, where I'm sure it'll sit on a desk for several more weeks. I was told the next step, after approval, would be to refer me to HR. So, either I get booted to the curb, or I get a call.

The point is, don't get too hung up on timelines. The more I read about the career, the more excited I get. It's not high speed, door kicking, foot chases, but it's an extremely important job. You are stopping drugs, dangerous people, and helping the US economy function. So hang in there. I'm hoping I will see some of you on the job real soon.
      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
      July 09 Oral Board
      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• colinm112
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by yoda
        Colinm:

Being that you're in MIA, you can't judge on timelines. For some reason people for MIA have been expedited in a ridiculously quick time (compared to most), and most have been granted "interim" clearances for their BI's. A somewhat "normal" process is about 6 months with the exceptions as myself and a few others that have been at it for over a year now. Be thankful that the process is only taking this long, because before the "NEW" way of processing hires the process took about 2 years in average to simply get a TO. I have a friend that took him about 3 years from Application to Hire...

BTW
        Processing time for the BI alone is 3 to 6 months from the day you meet with the investigator.
        Well put. then we agree the BI is the longest step in the entire process... usually.

Comment

• grullj
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2005

I got a call from my B.I. today. He said we will meet tomorrow for an interview and he said he is basically done with my investigation. I have been waiting since I got my T.O on 3/2008.

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2002

Originally posted by grullj
            I got a call from my B.I. today. He said we will meet tomorrow for an interview and he said he is basically done with my investigation. I have been waiting since I got my T.O on 3/2008.
            So he completed the background before he interviewed you? Or is this a followup?

Comment

• wmcgalrd
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2008

Vbt

Just checked my mail and my VBT is scheduled for 11/05 at the Port of Houston.

Comment

• grullj
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2005

No it seems like he interviewed everyone and he said he will be busy all day today interviewing people. And he also pulled up my credit. So it seems like saved me for last.

Comment

• sap123
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2008

No it seems like he interviewed everyone and he said he will be busy all day today interviewing people. And he also pulled up my credit. So it seems like saved me for last.
                  So he's already interviewed your references? Have your references confirmed this?
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• grullj
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2005

Yes they have.

Comment

• sap123
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2008

Yes they have.
                      Neato. Whats your timeline look like (besides getting your TO back in March)?

Comment

• yoda
                        2LT ARNG
                        • Jun 2008

Good to hear... you probably will get an "interim" clearance since you're in MIA, but let me reiterate that after the investigator is done with references and your interview, he will send in the report to DC and there it will go through the adjudication process, and that takes time for those not in a port where they're pushing people through. As a guide to "timeline" on how long it took me.... within 3 months I had taken the test, gotten my TO, did Medical/Fitness/ VBT, Drug, and met with the investigator....THEN...Here I am still in the process... I have been writing my NOPA response for the past few days and I'm almost done with it ( I really don't want to mess up this opportunity with a crappy response) and you wouldn't believe how in detail they will go into your person on the investigation. So GOOD LUCK to all of you and please just don't expect your process to be super quick, cause you'll end up hating life while you wait...
                        CBPO

Comment

• nordy racer
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2008

i didn't want to write up a non CBPO thread but i posted in the CA section.. do you guys think this will help me with the hiring process LOL

Comment

• yoda
                            2LT ARNG
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by nordy racer
                            i didn't want to write up a non CBPO thread but i posted in the CA section.. do you guys think this will help me with the hiring process LOL

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103275
                            Good for you bud.....That'll definitely look good on your Long Beach PD application!...
                            CBPO

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2002

Just got a call from my investigator who I'll be meeting with on Monday. So VBT and background calls today. Pretty good movement.

Comment

• sap123
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by audi0xpl0de
                                Just got a call from my investigator who I'll be meeting with on Monday. So VBT and background calls today. Pretty good movement.
                                Hot diggity. You might be one of the fewer east coasters that is seeing some decent movement. Make sure to dress to the nines and tell him everything!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12110 users online. 74 members and 12036 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...